Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 217 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 29,733 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
March 8, 2023, 12:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Oh god, this proves that people were right to panic. I nonchalantly ordered mine when I woke up by accident at 4am, thinking it was always gonna be easy. Can’t believe they sold out by lunchtime. Shows that the office staff and the portal have done a slick job - 12 hours of intensive sales, that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 325
diehardmariner
March 8, 2023, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Son of Cod

She's the chief exec, why would she be sticking around doing a night shift in the ticket office? Do you think Tim Cook goes down the Apple shop and puts a shift in when the new iPhone comes out?

Good leadership here would be making sure the ticket office staff are happy doing extra work and are compensated/rewarded accordingly.

We're not Apple though, we're a relatively small football club with a small back office function that's trying to pride itself on togetherness.  Despite what they might claim, Apple could not give a crap about you or anyone else.  They've only got eyes on your wallet.

Absolutely, she's maybe going home after a 12-14 hour shift already (compounded by the fact it's match day so right in the pressure cooker).  But presumably she was the one who set the conditions that every other member of the office staff will have to be all-hands-to the-pump because of the decision she made.

Leadership is just as much about leading by example as it is setting a direction.  We have no idea at all around the circumstances of her day, or anyone else in the office.  But it's a really poor look to be leaving when others are still at it and having introduced the 10pm sales to circumnavigate issues with online ordering.  More so because of the response to the details.

I get the argument that we've all had a boss who felicitations us over with a last minute demand and then scoots off, but it doesn't make it right does it?

We move on and hopefully there are plans in place to sort the online ticketing system out.   I think the semi-finals and final at Wembley will be through an external host so that should buy a bit more time ahead of the Europa League scramble early next season.
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 325
TwoLeftFeet
March 8, 2023, 12:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Can I just say whilst I thought it a bad idea to sell em last night what a good job the staff have done..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 325
Mariner_09
March 8, 2023, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Feel for anyone who wasn't able to get tickets - come on Town, let's make the semi final so that the entire black and white army can get involved!

Can you imagine how much crawling out of the woodwork would happen if we were in the SF?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 325
Mariner93er
March 8, 2023, 12:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Absolutely gutted I couldn't get a ticket but I look forward to hearing all of you through the TV. Who knows, there might be a semi final on the cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 325
pizzzza
March 8, 2023, 12:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from jimgtfc

So do I, except the gob shiite, smug fukker who sits behind me, who branded anyone queuing last night as an idiot, and that he’d stroll into Blundell Park this afternoon for a ticket. He can do one!

I'm happy to have been one of those idiots right now and also suggest we draw a line under the way the tickets were sold, hopefully the club take some learnings from this for the future.

I feel for those who have missed out but when things are are in short supply (be it tickets, shirts or whatever) as a Town supporter you must get yourself organised, if only because there will always be a few thousand of you fornicators thinking the same thing  

Onwards to Brighton!
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 325
Son of Cod
March 8, 2023, 12:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from diehardmariner

We're not Apple though, we're a relatively small football club with a small back office function that's trying to pride itself on togetherness.  Despite what they might claim, Apple could not give a crap about you or anyone else.  They've only got eyes on your wallet.

Absolutely, she's maybe going home after a 12-14 hour shift already (compounded by the fact it's match day so right in the pressure cooker).  But presumably she was the one who set the conditions that every other member of the office staff will have to be all-hands-to the-pump because of the decision she made.

Leadership is just as much about leading by example as it is setting a direction.  We have no idea at all around the circumstances of her day, or anyone else in the office.  But it's a really poor look to be leaving when others are still at it and having introduced the 10pm sales to circumnavigate issues with online ordering.  More so because of the response to the details.

I get the argument that we've all had a boss who felicitations us over with a last minute demand and then scoots off, but it doesn't make it right does it?

We move on and hopefully there are plans in place to sort the online ticketing system out.   I think the semi-finals and final at Wembley will be through an external host so that should buy a bit more time ahead of the Europa League scramble early next season.

We have no idea at all around the circumstances of her day but here you are saying she's displaying poor leadership qualities. I'll reiterate my earlier point by asking exactly what you expect our chief exec to be doing in the ticket office? A ticket office that already has a team and a manager installed to sell tickets. Do you genuinely expect her to be making the teas for everyone and walking round clapping them and giving them pep talks in the few seconds the staff have between customers?

I've been racking my brains trying to think of what the outlier between Debbie and the rest of the senior figures at the club could be because she seems to get a disproportionate amount of flack, but I can't for the life of me put my finger on it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 325
HertsGTFC
March 8, 2023, 1:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
So we’ve sold out, pretty much as expected, so can we just park moaning about how the club sold the tickets and press on with trying to character assassinate hard working professional, well meaning individuals that care about the club progressing?

All Town aren’t we?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 325
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 8, 2023, 1:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Premier league fanbase what else can we say

Still gonna go down to brighton, lets find some pubs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 325
Heisenberg
March 8, 2023, 1:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Premier league fanbase what else can we say

Still gonna go down to brighton, lets find some pubs!

Hmmm. We do have a tendency to big ourselves up a bit on here. You do know the attendance was around 4800 last night, don’t you?!

We have a good League 2 fan base that occasionally goes absolutely mental when a big game comes our way. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 325
33 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.