Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 63 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 30,041 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
March 8, 2023, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,126
Gold Stars: 46
I saw Debbie leave and not one person said a word to her, yet many were quick to jump on here or social media to have a pop. She left about 11pm and looked absolutely shattered, like she had been at it since 9am which she possibly had been, where as their ticket office staff probably only started in the evening. I didn’t like last nights arrangement as much as the next person but I think having a go at her is unfair.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 325
TownSNAFU5
March 8, 2023, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
One wonders, probably more than one, how we managed to sell our home tickets in the FAC match against Wolves with a record attendance of 31,651?

No online ordering.  I don’t think they postponed the match for a month to allow for all tickets to be sold.

Maybe all progress is an illusion? 🤨
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 261 - 325
gtfc_chris
March 8, 2023, 10:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,522
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from HerveJosse

Twenty odd home match days a year a quarter final every  80 years it’s a hard life.

I don't follow...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 325
KingsleysHair
March 8, 2023, 11:15am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc
I saw Debbie leave and not one person said a word to her, yet many were quick to jump on here or social media to have a pop. She left about 11pm and looked absolutely shattered, like she had been at it since 9am which she possibly had been, where as their ticket office staff probably only started in the evening. I didn’t like last nights arrangement as much as the next person but I think having a go at her is unfair.

The ticket office staff, the majority of them had been there from 9am, like they are all Tuesday night games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 325
ginnywings
March 8, 2023, 11:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
A family member volunteered to queue, despite having to be up at 5 for work.

Just messaged me to say he got our tickets at 12.30 a.m.

Most in the queue could probably have gone home and booked online, but we're British, we love a queue. It also obviously had the effect they were hoping for of easing the strain of the online system.

Don't agree with the way they did it, but it seems to have worked as planned, so...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 325
headingly_mariner
March 8, 2023, 11:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from ginnywings
A family member volunteered to queue, despite having to be up at 5 for work.

Just messaged me to say he got our tickets at 12.30 a.m.

Most in the queue could probably have gone home and booked online, but we're British, we love a queue. It also obviously had the effect they were hoping for of easing the strain of the online system.

Don't agree with the way they did it, but it seems to have worked as planned, so...

I stayed I never usually queue and get them online, but the queue was flipping massive and I thought do I really trust the online platform. It created a panic allowing people to queue for them after the game. Totally unnecessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 325
C0cky
March 8, 2023, 11:32am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wasn't a CEO but a senior manager and on a special occasion such as this that doesn't happen all that often and as late at night as that was, I would always have been the last to leave the office.

Aren't you suggesting that as a senior manager you shouldn't have been the last to leave the office though? Your CEO should have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 325
HerveJosse
March 8, 2023, 11:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Sold out still a hundred in the queue
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 267 - 325
March 8, 2023, 11:36am
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I stayed I never usually queue and get them online, but the queue was flipping massive and I thought do I really trust the online platform. It created a panic allowing people to queue for them after the game. Totally unnecessary.

I came over for the game with another Town fan and we agreed to stay. I think the arrangement to open the ticket office until midnight or so was in case the online system went down and the chaos that might have ensued. Either way, it seems to have worked out well.

We were told everyone in line would get a ticket so there was a good spirit among those queueing. Caught up with some pals. Someone did a coffee run.

Fran (lovely lady by the way) in the ticket office had been there since 0830 and was happy to stay for as long as it took to serve everybody. There is someone who loves her job!
Reply: 268 - 325
crusty ole pie
March 8, 2023, 11:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,409
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from LH

Surely the point is that people left early because they thought they had to? It’s been crap a few times before and these are the most sought after tickets ever. I can’t believe people are still OK with the arrangements even though they did work.

Ffs the happy clippers to the left of me leave 15 minutes before the end of every game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 269 - 325
33 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.