Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 67 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 29,875 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
March 8, 2023, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Ticket office staff expect them to be sold out by the end of the day according to someone who’s just been in.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 325
HertsGTFC
March 8, 2023, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,034
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from jimgtfc
Ticket office staff expect them to be sold out by the end of the day according to someone who’s just been in.

I think we all do,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 325
ivanosandwich
March 8, 2023, 9:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m inclined to agree with you. In the end, no harm has been done. Those who were at the match and panicked they wouldn’t get a ticket got their ticket last night and slept well because of it (plus can go to work a bit less stressed knowing they’re not stuck at work hearing about the tickets flying off the shelves). Those who were cool, calm and collected (me) went online when they woke up and got their ticket on the trouble-free ticket portal with zero hassle. It’s those who decided to NOT go to the game so they could queue early that I think are mental, but each to their own. There must have been a few of these judging by the pathetic attendance. At least a thousand ST holders not there, astonishing.

I know there are some exiles who can’t get to some games and the fact they have a ST is great, but hundreds simply didn’t go to the match, which is amazing. Amazing, as in, bewildering.

I can't remember the exact numbers but roughly the same number of Town fans attended the home match last night and the game at Southampton 250 miles away last week.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 325
immariner
March 8, 2023, 9:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The Chief Executive who probably thought the stupid idea up should not be walking out as her staff are snowed under, it just doesn't look good if it's true.

If we are truly #GreaterTogether then she should have been mucking in herself.

Or maybe she thinks they're perfectly capable and trusts them to finish up? Seriously, get a grip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 325
Yarborough Vaults
March 8, 2023, 10:00am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I wonder if some expect her to be there when the groundsmans cutting the grass or beer is being delivered patting everyone on the back at every moment.

Most jobs I've had, the boss is wheelspinning the jag out of the car park while the workers graft. At least she seems a good sort who really makes an effort, don't get the vitriol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 325
LH
March 8, 2023, 10:03am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 177
I would tend to agree that she probably did think it was all in hand and I’d also concede that we don’t know Debbie’s work day and she may well have been there 18hrs already - but it’s not a great look to be seen leaving early is it?

Fair enough it has worked but you could see from within minutes of the announcement that it wasn’t a universally popular way of doing it. To then leave early in front of people largely unneccesarily queuing into a cold night was never going to do down well. It’s another incline on the learning curve.
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 325
heppy88
March 8, 2023, 10:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Heisenberg
I know there are some exiles who can’t get to some games and the fact they have a ST is great, but hundreds simply didn’t go to the match, which is amazing. Amazing, as in, bewildering.

There are quite a few exiles in the lower who don’t attend night games and those who sit next to me won’t go to Brighton. I think the dire football on offer at home this season is also playing a part in season ticket holders decision making. As another poster commented, it baffles me that we can be competing in the last 8 of the FA cup whilst delivering the dross we witness week in week out at BP this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 325
immariner
March 8, 2023, 10:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from LH
I would tend to agree that she probably did think it was all in hand and I’d also concede that we don’t know Debbie’s work day and she may well have been there 18hrs already - but it’s not a great look to be seen leaving early is it?

Fair enough it has worked but you could see from within minutes of the announcement that it wasn’t a universally popular way of doing it. To then leave early in front of people largely unneccesarily queuing into a cold night was never going to do down well. It’s another incline on the learning curve.

But how is it leaving "early"? I'm not sure if people are confused, but she's not the ticket office manager. I've never seen a CEO helping out on tills and nor would I expect them to, as others have suggested. Sounds like she stuck around to see that it was running fine and that her team were okay. Really not sure what people want, except maybe a stick to beat her with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 325
ska face
March 8, 2023, 10:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Think some people have lost their minds on this one. What’s the point of the CEO hanging around unless they’re selling tickets themselves? Do you all have your managers sat around watching you all the time you’re at work?
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 325
March 8, 2023, 10:22am
Guest User
Quoted from LH

Fair enough it has worked but you could see from within minutes of the announcement that it wasn’t a universally popular way of doing it. To then leave early in front of people largely unnecessarily queuing into a cold night was never going to do down well. It’s another incline on the learning curve.

Leaving early at 11:30 pm!  Do we know what time she started work?  Probably been there all day.  

Reply: 249 - 325
33 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.