chaos33
January 27, 2023, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Zmariner

I was thinking the same, we will still be able to put out a battling team. No great drama. I expect us to lose but happy if we go down all guns blazing. I am a big fan of the fishy but I have never seen so much balderdash written in a few days. Absolute hysteria and I still gamble we will have a couple of decent signing’s next week after all this drama utm

Yup.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
RonMariner
January 27, 2023, 6:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Yes, we are stretched thin for this game. But for the next league game Amos, MacAtee, O’Neil and Wearne are all available to go straight back into the squad and in the long run that is more important. Nice though a cup run is, priority one is staying up.’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
toontown
January 27, 2023, 8:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from immariner

But Khan isn't a left sided player per sé so he's not going to suddenly be crap if you put him on the right, he's spent most of his career playing on the right. Clifton has played really well in that advanced left role whenever he's played there whilst Khan appears equally adept on left or right. I'm sure Clifton would put in his usual solid performance on the right too so it probably doesn't matter all that much

Personally I think clifton is better going forward on the right, hes got tenacity and a bit of pace, exemplified by that assist against Plymouth. He's just as effective defensively either side tho. With the assumption it's glennon on the left then he would benefit from a better defender in front of him than Khan, and glennon can be the one delivering into the box. If Khan is as good on the right as left then i suppose its fair enough - I'm coming round a bit. Mind you if Khan is injured as rumoured it's all irrelevant anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
promotion plaice
January 27, 2023, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,077
Gold Stars: 198

Luton’s top scorer Carlton Morris and fellow forward Cauley Woodrow have both been declared fit for tomorrow’s FA Cup fourth round clash against Grimsby Town.

The pair were absent from Saturday’s 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic in the Championship with calf injuries

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
GollyGTFC
January 27, 2023, 10:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,959
Gold Stars: 356
                   Crocombe
Efete     Maher   Waterfall©   Smith   Glennon
Clifton      Holohan       Green        Khouri
                     Khan

Subs: Battersby, Pearson, Hunt, Morris, Scannell, Orsi…
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 86
LH
January 27, 2023, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Expecting five at the back and one up front by default but we probably would have done that with a full squad anyway. Perform like we did with that set up against Stockport and we might just nick something.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
Madeleymariner
January 27, 2023, 10:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Just watched the Inside Training video didn't notice Khan anywhere, but then my eyes aren't what they were
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.