9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 26, 2023, 9:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
As if having 9 subs is going to make much difference.

The club can't really help the chain of events causing this.

Drawing Luton and losing McAtee,
Amos getting himself sent off and games postponed, so his ban falls on this game.
Players getting injured.
Kiernan's loan ending.
Richardson's recall by Burnley. He's injured anyway.
O'Neill being cup tied.
Wearne being cup tied. We couldn't plan for getting to the 4th round when he went out.
Most players we could have signed would have been cup tied.

It's not like we can't put out a side.

It's made a tough game even tougher I grant you, but just getting this far has been an achievement, which seems to be forgotten in this rush to blame all and sundry for the situation we find ourselves in. I also acknowledge that we should have had more in the striking department going into the season, but we didn't.

Not sure why you are allowed 9 subs in the F.A. Cup and not in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2023, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
As if having 9 subs is going to make much difference.

The club can't really help the chain of events causing this.

Drawing Luton and losing McAtee,
Amos getting himself sent off and games postponed, so his ban falls on this game.
Players getting injured.
Kiernan's loan ending.
Richardson's recall by Burnley. He's injured anyway.
O'Neill being cup tied.
Wearne being cup tied. We couldn't plan for getting to the 4th round when he went out.
Most players we could have signed would have been cup tied.

It's not like we can't put out a side.

It's made a tough game even tougher I grant you, but just getting this far has been an achievement, which seems to be forgotten in this rush to blame all and sundry for the situation we find ourselves in. I also acknowledge that we should have had more in the striking department going into the season, but we didn't.

Not sure why you are allowed 9 subs in the F.A. Cup and not in the league.

I think only Cropper is injured.

You can make as many excuses as you like, this shambles reflects the summer window as much as it does this one. Hurst is moaning about the January window being difficult - he made the summer one pretty unspectacular too.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
toontown
January 26, 2023, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from immariner

What "natural right role"? Clifton has almost exclusively been utilised on the left when played in that advanced wide mid/inside forward role. Khan isn't left footed either and has often played on the right this season.

Well I did say he could play either but in the absence of a right sided player Why would you switch him to the left and put the left sided player on the right.

If Khan has played as often on the right for us this season as on the left then fair enough I take that back, it doesn't seem like that to me though but could be wrong.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
ginnywings
January 26, 2023, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think only Cropper is injured.

You can make as many excuses as you like, this shambles reflects the summer window as much as it does this one. Hurst is moaning about the January window being difficult - he made the summer one pretty unspectacular too.

I'd have put good money on you being the first one in on my post.

I did acknowledge that the summer window wasn't the best and I'm not making excuses. I'm giving reasons why we are light at the moment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2023, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

I'd have put good money on you being the first one in on my post.

I did acknowledge that the summer window wasn't the best and I'm not making excuses. I'm giving reasons why we are light at the moment.

Delighted you won your betđŸŸđŸ˜Ž. One man’s reason is another man’s excuse. Whatever it is, it’s now verging on shambolic.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
January 26, 2023, 10:04pm
Guest User
I'll get me boots!
Reply: 65 - 86
ginnywings
January 26, 2023, 10:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614
I'll get me boots!

I don't think boots with wooden toecaps and leather studs are allowed nowadays.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
immariner
January 26, 2023, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from toontown

Well I did say he could play either but in the absence of a right sided player Why would you switch him to the left and put the left sided player on the right.

If Khan has played as often on the right for us this season as on the left then fair enough I take that back, it doesn't seem like that to me though but could be wrong.

But Khan isn't a left sided player per sé so he's not going to suddenly be crap if you put him on the right, he's spent most of his career playing on the right. Clifton has played really well in that advanced left role whenever he's played there whilst Khan appears equally adept on left or right. I'm sure Clifton would put in his usual solid performance on the right too so it probably doesn't matter all that much
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
Mayaman
January 27, 2023, 4:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
If Khan is fit, he and Orsi are gonna click like a... something that clicks... and we are gonna progress to the round against all the odds. Fancy Waterfall to bag one.  On the other hand, we could get trounced but let's hope we get stuck in and attack without fear.  We have nothing to lose in this one.  UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
January 27, 2023, 9:01am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

I don't think boots with wooden toecaps and leather studs are allowed nowadays.  

Or leather footballs!    Oh did that hurt when you got one smashed into your goolies from point blank range.

Reply: 69 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.