aldi_01
October 9, 2022, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Son of Cod
I'm bowled over that he wasn't on the club's books in some kind of official capacity. His photography is great and deserves to be paid for.

You know about the old regime don’t you?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 148
Theimperialcoroner
October 9, 2022, 11:33am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,337
Gold Stars: 103
Let me get this straight…

1. Lee is a full-time professional photographer so the majority of his expenditure is sunk costs. The actual outlay is Lee’s time (but he would have been going to the matches anyway), travel and tickets - some of these have been paid for by the Club in the past.

2. Under Fenty, Lee provided his services for free

3. Lee has now asked the Club for payment.

4. Club say they can’t afford it and conscious of Lee’s social media presence.

5. Lee then goes all snowflake bokeh effect on social media and proves the Club right.

Probably not the best phrase give who Lee works for.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 148
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2022, 11:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

You know about the old regime don’t you?

Bit of a pointless comment. We all know what we’ve lost/gained by the change of regime and we’re now 18 months on. This just smacks of poor communication/management of a situation and someone having the balls to call it out.

The fact it’s now out on social media escalates matters and I’m sure Lee knew it would.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 148
jamesgtfc
October 9, 2022, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,112
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

You don’t have to know anything about photography to know the gear is expensive…and I don’t think anyone is disagreeing necessarily with the reaction but gear is insured and there are better ways to react to stuff…

Your house and car are insured, maybe someone should come and cause some damage to those?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 148
DaleH
October 9, 2022, 11:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +810
Gold Stars: 168
The thing that interests me is the wording he has used in his Tweet, whereby he has said that some of his actions "makes me undesirable and the club don't want to be associated with me"
. I wonder if that is actually the words used by someone at the club? Is this something implied about him to the cliub? Or is this merely the impression he has formed of the club's impression of him? If it isn't something that has actually been said to him, then he is very wrong to suggest it has been said.

That's the bit for me that is probably the most important bit that needs clarity, given that he has said this on social network. Because if the club haven't said this or implied this, then its maybe unfair to suggest they have.

If the club don't want to pay another photographer because they don't deem that cost an appropriate use  of revenue, then fair enough, that's a business decision. In which case we will just have to enjoy the photo's taken by the other photographers including the one retained with payment. I believe Paul Burgess has also stopped doing photography for the club too this season. Hope he is okay as he is a smashing guy too.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 148
ska face
October 9, 2022, 12:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,917
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from Hagrid
Your also now on twitter slagging off those on the fishy who dont agree with you…. Maybe best to just keep your mouth shut

You did start off calling the bloke a tool out of nowhere, fair’s fair.

Anyway, maybe best if this thread got locked now everyone’s got the Sunday morning boredom out of our systems.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 148
HertsGTFC
October 9, 2022, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Bit of a pointless comment. We all know what we’ve lost/gained by the change of regime and we’re now 18 months on. This just smacks of poor communication/management of a situation and someone having the balls to call it out.

The fact it’s now out on social media escalates matters and I’m sure Lee knew it would.

I’m not sure what it smacks of as like us all we’ve not heard from the club.

It’s a shame as Lee’s a good lad and Town through & through but it’s the clubs choice who they want to pay to do things. It’s never nice to be on the receiving end of a knock back but it happens.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 148
Hagrid
October 9, 2022, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 545
Quoted from ska face

You did start off calling the bloke a tool out of nowhere, fair’s fair.

Anyway, maybe best if this thread got locked now everyone’s got the Sunday morning boredom out of our systems.

I think his social media posts come across like that though admittedly i dont know the bloke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 148
MuddyWaters
October 9, 2022, 12:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

I think his social media posts come across like that though admittedly i dont know the bloke

Not sure it’s wise to judge someone by their social media posts without knowing them in person.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 148
HertsGTFC
October 9, 2022, 12:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not sure it’s wise to judge someone by their social media posts without knowing them in person.

I’d agree with this, on Twitter I’m an even bigger 🔔🔚 than I am in here. I’m sure this post will get plenty of ticks in agreement 😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Blease

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.