11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
September 24, 2022, 7:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
England’s elite players just aren’t very good . This is shown whenever they play anyone decent. The cream of the worlds players who are in the top PL teams basically carry our lads and when it comes to playing together they can’t look very ordinary. Doesn’t help having a boring manager who doesn’t seem the most charismatic.

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 101
FPVmariner
September 24, 2022, 7:28am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from male private Nale
Is anyone else sick to death of seeing these bloody women commentating on top flight football for no other reason than they aren’t men?

Fair play they like football and that’s great but I want ex top flight player insight not a tick box exercise.

Let’s see if I can put this in a way that avoids any accusations of being a racist sexist.  What’s happened in most of the civilised world but with emphasis in the UK is a reaction to years of exclusion.  There is probably a case to argue that commentary and analysis has declined because of a focus in ensuring that everything conforms with political correctness.

What we’re seeing at the moment is sub-standard because the TV networks are more focused on over compensation rather than who is the best person for the job.  Where I object to your post is that you’ve generalised and it therefore seems that you harbour a sexist viewpoint.  Lose that element and criticise instead on a performance basis and I could probably agree in some instances.

You didn’t mention race so don’t think that I’m making any sort of accusation.  In my opinion, Micah Richards and Clinton Morrison are two of the very best commentators/pundits.  Not too many years ago they wouldn’t have been given the opportunity which was completely wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 101
fishcake63
September 24, 2022, 7:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Southgate is the most boring stubborn manager around his teams dont start playing until 1-0 down , we will get to the 1/4 finals no probs then first time we play a half decent team we're on the plane home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 101
FPVmariner
September 24, 2022, 7:45am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from fishcake63
Southgate is the most boring stubborn manager around his teams dont start playing until 1-0 down , we will get to the 1/4 finals no probs then first time we play a half decent team we're on the plane home

what you should consider is that the same old duffers club that (allegedly) run the game are the ones who appointed him.  I’d be amazed if he had any objectives apart from qualification and avoiding controversy.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 101
aldi_01
September 24, 2022, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Southgate’s influence goes beyond the actual England team. He’s working in an organisation that is so far removed from its own game it’s untrue, full of old men with power who again, know very little.

We’ll get to the quarters/semi’s again and probably go out to some ropey goal. That’s football and I guess that’s why it’s actuslly difficult to predict etc.

I forgot we were even playing last night and apparently now you get relegated? What made up flipping nonsense is this. Does anyone acruslly care about international results unless it’s a qualifier or a tournament?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 101
golfer
September 24, 2022, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
We are shite. Can't be bothered to read the comments on this site and don't agree with any of the 54 already posted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 101
Phil the cod
September 24, 2022, 8:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
England playing?…..........there's some paint drying in the living room so I'll give the match a miss.
Got to say though , looking at how Graham potter has got Brighton playing before he left, I'd put him in charge, Southgate too boring and negative, players look lost with no game plan.
Harry Maguire finally exposed for the cart house he truly is.
Southgate spends more time on "inclusion training" and making sure the rainbow armbands are fitted properly.
Let's forget about all this p.c. woke wet wipe bollox and get back to proper football.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 101
moosey_club
September 24, 2022, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from FPVmariner

Let’s see if I can put this in a way that avoids any accusations of being a racist sexist.  What’s happened in most of the civilised world but with emphasis in the UK is a reaction to years of exclusion.  There is probably a case to argue that commentary and analysis has declined because of a focus in ensuring that everything conforms with political correctness.

What we’re seeing at the moment is sub-standard because the TV networks are more focused on over compensation rather than who is the best person for the job.  Where I object to your post is that you’ve generalised and it therefore seems that you harbour a sexist viewpoint.  Lose that element and criticise instead on a performance basis and I could probably agree in some instances.

You didn’t mention race so don’t think that I’m making any sort of accusation.  In my opinion, Micah Richards and Clinton Morrison are two of the very best commentators/pundits.  Not too many years ago they wouldn’t have been given the opportunity which was completely wrong.

Nicely done.
Personally... a humorous , knowledgeable and precise opinion is what I want from my pundits. I really don't care how that is "packaged".

If however,  at half time/post match ,  I am only going to subjected to nothing more than over scrutinising endless VAR angles with "experts" telling me what I can already plainly see for myself .....then i would rather take the most attractive package to deliver that message.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 101
Mariner John
September 25, 2022, 10:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
England managers, sucking the life out of players on repeat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 101
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2022, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,956
Gold Stars: 82
Just watched the game this morning was busy Friday , anyway it was crap have a good day  fishies
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Italy v England / England v Germany

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.