HatTrickHero
September 27, 2022, 8:43am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from mimma
I am old enough to remember 1966. In the run up all the same comments were made about Alf Ramsey in the run up to the tournament, we were awful. The rest as they say, is history!

The last 50+ unsuccessful, trophy-less years are also our history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 101
aldi_01
September 27, 2022, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think both have a chance of winning but equally both look to have significant weaknesses which will likely cost them.

Foden is a mystery, no doubt an amazing player but perhaps lacks confidence in an England shirt or the different coaching etc impacts his performance.

Maguire is getting stick and understandably so but Southgate trusts him, I can see what Southgate is trying to do but I suspect it’s affecting Maguire. For me, with that being the last game, ignore the fact it’s Germany and give some of those like Tomori a go. You have to try, I couldn’t care less about losing to the Germans, but blooding players or gambling in a tournament is a risky game.

I’d have given Toney a run out too but then again, I’m sat in an office waiting for an annual review rather than St George’s park or wherever planning to go to a World Cup.

The run up to this World Cup is flat, perhaps that’s the time of year it’s being played etc and where and so forth…

I’m sure we’ll all be on the bandwagon thoigh…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Italy v England / England v Germany

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.