Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 226 Guests

Ryan Bennett

This thread currently has 62,081 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
October 8, 2022, 11:54am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,567
Gold Stars: 174
It means absolutely nothing but I’ve just seen him in Waltham heading for Cheapside. #spotted
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 317
chaos33
October 8, 2022, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,980
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from pontoonlew

You don’t come 2nd in Ska Faces famous ITK League purely by luck Chaos

😂👍

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 317
gtfc98
November 1, 2022, 12:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Is he still training with us? Been a couple of months if so at this point.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 317
coddy60
November 1, 2022, 12:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from gtfc98
Is he still training with us? Been a couple of months if so at this point.

Training, while receiving offers from Championship clubs.
He won't be signing for us, or the clubs he currently has offers from, due to distance from here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 317
November 1, 2022, 1:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from coddy60

He won't be signing for us, or the clubs he currently has offers from, due to distance from here.

So which clubs are they?

Reply: 284 - 317
Poojah
November 1, 2022, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from coddy60

There’s no place closer to here than here.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 317
diehardmariner
November 1, 2022, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
In all honesty I expected this to be sorted by now.  

From our point of view, there comes a point where having a player training with the squad but not signing becomes a bit like a bad smell.  I'm in no way questioning Bennett's attitude or what Hurst has said about him being a good learning point and example for others.  But if he's ticking over here, his focus is different from that of the rest of the set-up.

Equally so for Bennett, the longer he's out of action the less his chances are of getting a club snapping him up.  When was the last time a club signed a player after so long without a club?  I mean, not taking into account January 2021 when our enforced transfer policy was 'Has played before, will play for cheap'.  

If Bennett wants to stay local and play still, his options are incredibly limited to say the least.   Within a 90 minute commute from the area (and I'm being generous that he'll want to do that much travelling) he's got Hull, Lincoln, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield clubs and Barnsley.  Maybe at an absolute push Mansfield.  There's some on there that are debatable if you could do it in that time-frame whilst travelling at rush hour.

Sheff Utd aren't going to be interested.  I think it's debatable that Barnsley and Sheffield Weds would be interested either.  League One clubs with aspirations to get into the Championship and establish themselves there.  Hull is a maybe, all depends on who gets the job there.  Liam Rosenior would probably be more favourable to an experienced English defender than someone who's managed in the Turkish SuperLiga, but it depends on what mandate he's got.  From the outside looking in, I think their owner wants to flood the team with foreign superstars and not sure Bennett is the type of signing he wants to make.

Donny, maybe?  Mansfield?  Nah.
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 317
Mariner_09
November 1, 2022, 3:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from diehardmariner
In all honesty I expected this to be sorted by now.  

From our point of view, there comes a point where having a player training with the squad but not signing becomes a bit like a bad smell.  I'm in no way questioning Bennett's attitude or what Hurst has said about him being a good learning point and example for others.  But if he's ticking over here, his focus is different from that of the rest of the set-up.

Equally so for Bennett, the longer he's out of action the less his chances are of getting a club snapping him up.  When was the last time a club signed a player after so long without a club?  I mean, not taking into account January 2021 when our enforced transfer policy was 'Has played before, will play for cheap'.  

If Bennett wants to stay local and play still, his options are incredibly limited to say the least.   Within a 90 minute commute from the area (and I'm being generous that he'll want to do that much travelling) he's got Hull, Lincoln, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield clubs and Barnsley.  Maybe at an absolute push Mansfield.  There's some on there that are debatable if you could do it in that time-frame whilst travelling at rush hour.

Sheff Utd aren't going to be interested.  I think it's debatable that Barnsley and Sheffield Weds would be interested either.  League One clubs with aspirations to get into the Championship and establish themselves there.  Hull is a maybe, all depends on who gets the job there.  Liam Rosenior would probably be more favourable to an experienced English defender than someone who's managed in the Turkish SuperLiga, but it depends on what mandate he's got.  From the outside looking in, I think their owner wants to flood the team with foreign superstars and not sure Bennett is the type of signing he wants to make.

Donny, maybe?  Mansfield?  Nah.

If Donny or Mansfield were his only interested parties, he would've signed for us by now.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 317
coddy60
November 1, 2022, 3:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from 123614

So which clubs are they?

Ones too far away 🤷
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 317
moosey_club
November 1, 2022, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from coddy60

Ones too far away 🤷

That comes across very Father Ted like

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 317
32 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Bennett

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.