Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fox gone..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

Fox gone..

This thread currently has 22,021 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
June 17, 2022, 5:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How do you know this exactly?

Take a look at Burton's accounts. There total wage bill for 39 first team players & coaching staff and the clubs 185 other employees is around £3.8m and was even when they were in the Championship. They are well respected for what they have achieved on a tiny budget. i.e. they pay less wages than most L2 and several NL clubs do presently. Ben Fox never properly established himself at Burton and was constantly injured. Remind you of anyone? So whereabouts in Burton's pay structure would he have been?

The idea he was on a 4-figure weekly sum at Burton is laughable. He would have been on similar money to Clifton and Wright at Burton. Do you seriously think GTFC would have given him a big pay rise to come to the NL with his injury record?

Those speculating that he's on £7.5k a month at Northampton are probably right. That's £1,800 a week isn't it? A massive pay rise on what he was on at Town and a good chunk more than Hurst was willing to give him to renew.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 130 - 169
GollyGTFC
June 17, 2022, 5:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Meza

I've been told by a lot of imps mates (work mates) and some are close to the club.  it was also the budget 100% you can see that in the players they recruited, losing 4m that season has certainly got there pulse racing.

A Lincoln supporting friend told me they were working towards reducing their staff costs from £5m to £4m a year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 131 - 169
Lincoln Mariner 56
June 17, 2022, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
[quote=410]

No, the budget is pretty much the same as last season.

Appleton leaving was mutual, he wanted to be closer to his home in the North West where he has a young child. His health problems at the start of last season didn’t help with recruitment either along with a combination of other factors. Blackpool will be better suited to him, his personality didn’t really endear him to a section of the Imps fans, but I wish him well as he left us with some fantastic moments.

I’m reliably told that the playing budget is the same but the additional money the board provided in January to help avoid relegation will not be available this year and I understand that behind the scenes there are some concerns. Evidently at the POY awards night all the players got up and walked out and McGuire informed a fan who had supposedly bought the ball he scored a hat trick with at Sunderland he’d been “had” and there was no way he he bought the actual ball. Jez George is allegedly on a cull of a lot of long serving back room and office staff and a number of his decisions are not being well received.

He may just be trying to improve off field matters the same as town have but from what I’m told the way he’s approached this task did not go down at all well. All information is correct as it comes from people involved directly with the club and were in attendance at the POY awards and witnessed what happened.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 169
Posh Harry
June 17, 2022, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Take a look at Burton's accounts. There total wage bill for 39 first team players & coaching staff and the clubs 185 other employees is around £3.8m and was even when they were in the Championship. They are well respected for what they have achieved on a tiny budget. i.e. they pay less wages than most L2 and several NL clubs do presently. Ben Fox never properly established himself at Burton and was constantly injured. Remind you of anyone? So whereabouts in Burton's pay structure would he have been?

The idea he was on a 4-figure weekly sum at Burton is laughable. He would have been on similar money to Clifton and Wright at Burton. Do you seriously think GTFC would have given him a big pay rise to come to the NL with his injury record?

Those speculating that he's on £7.5k a month at Northampton are probably right. That's £1,800 a week isn't it? A massive pay rise on what he was on at Town and a good chunk more than Hurst was willing to give him to renew.

Golly, you either work in the football industry as a statistician or you are a very, very sad individual 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 169
Chrisblor
June 17, 2022, 5:34pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Another dump to visit next season then… Nice fish and chips though >> https://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php/topic,21022.0.html

Always laughable when fans of other clubs from bog standard towns start going on about how much of a shithole Grimsby / Cleethorpes is. Well done lads, you live in a town renowned for absolutely nothing beyond being home to the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lift_Tower]country's tallest lift testing tower,[/url] and couldn't even beat places like Wrexham, Bangor and Doncaster to being awarded city status. Least there's a handful of posters on there sticking up for Cleethorpes and correcting some of the bigger knuckle draggers on their outdated opinions of NE Lincs.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 169
HerveJosse
June 17, 2022, 5:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Northampton total wage accounts running consistently at around £4.m a year compared to our £2.5m so it’s reasonable to assume there upper level layer salary is 1.5 times ours but it’s stool a big stretch to see they would pay £7.5 k a week to anyone and I don’t think Fox would go in as top earner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 169
moosey_club
June 17, 2022, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Always put a shift in in his short stint. Best wishes and a warm welcome from me.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 169
immariner
June 17, 2022, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Hagrid
Northampton are Paying him…. Hold on….. 7.5K A week

We simply couldnt even get close.

I can't believe you posted that in seriousness. Your mate may have got most of rhe big details right recently but he's way out on that so perhaps he misheard. The clue is in the superflous £.5k a week.

Northampton chairman: 'We're willing to offer a weekly wage of 7...'
Fox's agent: Squints disapprovingly
Northampton chairman:...'.5k per week. £7.5k per week'
Fox's agent: Nods approvingly and lights a cigarrillo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 169
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 17, 2022, 6:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from immariner

I can't believe you posted that in seriousness. Your mate may have got most of rhe big details right recently but he's way out on that so perhaps he misheard. The clue is in the superflous £.5k a week.

Northampton chairman: 'We're willing to offer a weekly wage of 7...'
Fox's agent: Squints disapprovingly
Northampton chairman:...'.5k per week. £7.5k per week'
Fox's agent: Nods approvingly and lights a cigarrillo

That superfluous £0.5k pw is an extra £24,000 per year. I’d squirt approvingly for an extra £24k p.a., whatever my agent was up to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 169
arryarryarry
June 17, 2022, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GollyGTFC
As I pointed out on another thread...

He only started 22 of our 44 league matches. Of the 22 he started we lost 11 of them. That's 50%. Of the 22 he didn't start we only lost twice (9.09%). I am not suggesting that Fox is responsible for those figures, but it does indicate 2 things. For whatever reason we were better when he wasn't in the team and he couldn't nail down a regular place a promotion challenging National League club.

And remember he got injured at Notts County after coming on as a substitute so it's not even like his injury interrupted his place in the team.

He is a good player. His performances in the 3 play-off games show that. BUT we're heading into L2 and we need better from our midfielders than Fox produced over the course of the whole season.

And if we sign 1 of the 2 midfielders I've been told we've approached Fox would have really struggled to get into our starting XI next season.

Have to agree, clearly a class player and I thank him for his contribution but I always thought he was never fully fit and tended to disappear in some games.

I am sure there are just as good if not better who can come as a replacement.
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 169
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fox gone..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.