GollyGTFC
January 27, 2022, 4:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod

But apart from all that I can’t help but admire her loyalty, goes a long way in my book.

When you were only elected because the PM managed to con enough of your constituents with his lies you probably don’t have much other option but to go all in and pray that Boris survives and turns around public opinion.

If he does somehow manage to ride this out for the time being let’s see if she still backs Boris when the Tories get a mauling in the local elections in May.

The reality is without a popular Boris she loses, but as soon as she realises Boris is done for good she’ll go into self preservation mode & back which ever person she thinks will give her the best (albeit slim) chance of retaining her seat.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 55
Humbercod
January 27, 2022, 6:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GollyGTFC

When you were only elected because the PM managed to con enough of your constituents with his lies you probably don’t have much other option but to go all in and pray that Boris survives and turns around public opinion.

If he does somehow manage to ride this out for the time being let’s see if she still backs Boris when the Tories get a mauling in the local elections in May.

The reality is without a popular Boris she loses, but as soon as she realises Boris is done for good she’ll go into self preservation mode & back which ever person she thinks will give her the best (albeit slim) chance of retaining her seat.

I think she’ll still be backing Boris no matter what happens in May, I’ve listened to her gushing about him and it seems to me that she’s totally infatuated with him.

If Boris goes then I totally agree with you, she will be like a desperate rat on a sinking ship looking for that bit of driftwood to jump on, and I’m looking forward to that day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
HerveJosse
January 27, 2022, 6:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Stammer comes to Grimsby on a flying visit and thinks the representative place to visit and do his PR is Docks Bert!
Still clueless.
No wonder the awful Lia won and Boris is surviving
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2022, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse
Stammer comes to Grimsby on a flying visit and thinks the representative place to visit and do his PR is Docks Bert!
Still clueless.
No wonder the awful Lia won and Boris is surviving

If you listened to the full story, you would know that he was supposed to be in town all day but couldn’t leave London till he knew the Sue Gray report wasn’t being published. He therefore had to cancel his morning appointments on the docks.

I’m not naturally a Labour voter but would rather see the likes of Starmer, Nandy and Mel Onn in power than the current Tory cabal.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
Hagrid
January 27, 2022, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Our Shining light Nici on BBC News earlier telling us Boris is the best Prime Minster for Grimsby in generations

She is infatuated, deluded and many many words more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
jamesgtfc
January 28, 2022, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid
Our Shining light Nici on BBC News earlier telling us Boris is the best Prime Minster for Grimsby in generations

She is infatuated, deluded and many many words more

Boris is the best PM since Theresa May.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
LH
January 28, 2022, 10:12am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
He’s not even the best PM since yesterday afternoon.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
DB
January 28, 2022, 11:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Going, Going.......................Gone soon

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
Humbercod
January 28, 2022, 12:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If you listened to the full story, you would know that he was supposed to be in town all day but couldn’t leave London till he knew the Sue Gray report wasn’t being published. He therefore had to cancel his morning appointments on the docks.

I’m not naturally a Labour voter but would rather see the likes of Starmer, Nandy and Mel Onn in power than the current Tory cabal.

Starmer would of had us in permanent lockdown akin to the nutter’s in charge of New Zealand/Australia, Nandy is the better of the three she talks a good fight. As for Onn she was a likeable MP for the Town more for her looks some would say but politically is she any better than Nici? Or was she also about self preservation? You only have to look how she ganged up on Corbyn with a vote of no confidence as a leader! but then went on to join his cabinet total hypocrite. I do believe if she was to make a comeback though she would get the majority Grimsby vote.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 28, 2022, 6:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Humbercod

I think she’ll still be backing Boris no matter what happens in May, I’ve listened to her gushing about him and it seems to me that she’s totally infatuated with him.

If Boris goes then I totally agree with you, she will be like a desperate rat on a sinking ship looking for that bit of driftwood to jump on, and I’m looking forward to that day.

I prefer this new, cuddly, post-Covid Humbercod
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lia Nici

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.