Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

It's finally happening...

This thread currently has 41,048 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 31, 2021, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

no, don't think so. i think it'll be a clean slate and people will be given a chance to shine. remember many of the employees have been there for years and have been dragged down by Fenty's regime. New bosses, anew approach, a new era, more investment, more professionalism will hopefully lead to many of them regaining their mojo. A happy workforce is going to be so much more productive.It's something Stockwood firmly believes in (have a look at his Twitter account)

Apologies, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the comment that you copied that suggested "unfair dismissals" but making someone redundant would be unlikely to be classed as unfair dismissal.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 202
ska face
March 31, 2021, 4:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,916
Gold Stars: 854
Don’t understand what influence Fenty could possibly have by retaining the shares? Surely the new board members, assuming the three wise man take up positions on the board, could vote to remove him as a director, or would just vote him down whenever required?

He’d be left holding £200k of worthless shares with zero influence at all?

Plus I’m sure the previous statements confirmed an offer was accepted for his full shareholding?
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 202
ska face
March 31, 2021, 4:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,916
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from arryarryarry

Apologies, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the comment that you copied that suggested "unfair dismissals" but making someone redundant would be unlikely to be classed as unfair dismissal.

Yeah, he might be admin on a GTFC Facebook page but it doesn’t sound like he knows much about employment law.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 202
pen penfras
March 31, 2021, 4:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -123
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from arryarryarry

You can't make somebody redundant and then hire somebody else to do that role.

As for Mike Taylor, just sounds like an attention seeking gobshite. Why would Fenty keep any shares? They're worthless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 202
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2021, 4:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from ska face
Don’t understand what influence Fenty could possibly have by retaining the shares? Surely the new board members, assuming the three wise man take up positions on the board, could vote to remove him as a director, or would just vote him down whenever required?

He’d be left holding £200k of worthless shares with zero influence at all?

Plus I’m sure the previous statements confirmed an offer was accepted for his full shareholding?

That’s my understanding but if he was left with share why would they be worthless? If we made the move to a new ground where we could secure greater income I’d suggest they’d have some value.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 202
forza ivano
March 31, 2021, 4:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That’s my understanding but if he was left with share why would they be worthless? If we made the move to a new ground where we could secure greater income I’d suggest they’d have some value.

as i said its because he's an obnoxious individual who can't accept he's beaten. He will be there as a potentially malign influence.in fact i wouldn't mind betting, given his ego, that he wants to retain them so he could organise a Second Coming should the Triumverate feck up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 202
pen penfras
March 31, 2021, 4:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -123
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We're not a real PLC though. They're only worth what somebody will pay, and nobody needs them to gain control. The only way he makes money is if somebody buys the club for a stupid amount and has to offer the same amount to every shareholder. Which can be done without having to make that offer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 202
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2021, 5:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from pen penfras

We're not a real PLC though. They're only worth what somebody will pay, and nobody needs them to gain control. The only way he makes money is if somebody buys the club for a stupid amount and has to offer the same amount to every shareholder. Which can be done without having to make that offer

Exactly what I meant I just thought I wouldn’t do it an a way that makes out a poster is stupid.

Not all purchasers of shares want control BTW.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 202
Mikey_345
March 31, 2021, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 114
Of course they’re not going to turn up and start just sacking people.

Firstly that’s just unfair,  and from everything I hear and see of them they look to know their stuff. I’m sure they’ll come in and treat it as a clean slate and give everyone a fair chance - which is only right.

Staff behaviour follows the leadership it is shown. That leadership has come from John Fenty for 16 years..... I’ll leave you to work out if that’s a good example to have at the top, or not.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 202
Davec
March 31, 2021, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I wouldn't mind John Fenty still being a shareholder.

All I care about is that he has absolutely zero influence and authority. And zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level.

I also like Phillip Day to have zero influence and authority and zero zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 202
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.