Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 274 Guests

It's finally happening...

This thread currently has 40,991 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
April 1, 2021, 11:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
We have had our fairshare of Kuntz thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 202
RichMariner
April 1, 2021, 11:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
Firstly, the consortium knew the perilous league situation we were in when it was publicly declared over Christmas that the takeover was finally happening.

Being the astute businessmen they are, I'm certain they considered the risk of relegation. If they had no intention of taking over if we were to end up in non-league next season then they wouldn't have begun proceedings.

They knew they might be taking over a club that could still get relegated. And it looks as though we are.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and the relegation alone shouldn't be affecting talks at this late hour.

If Shutes has dropped out, or something's happened to put the deal in some sort of doubt, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's a Fenty-led stunt. Don't forget, he's got form — making a club statement at midnight and issuing unrealistic deadlines.

I think he's out of his depth negotiating with this consortium. I love RH but they do like to stir things up. It's their job to get to the truth but they operate on a level of rumour that the Telegraph don't, which is why RH tend to get a few things wrong here and there.

I think it's telling that Findlater hasn't heard anything — remember it was the Telegraph who first reported the possible takeover nearly two years ago. They have a relationship with Shutes.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 161 - 202
topuphere666
April 1, 2021, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Surprised there hasn’t been a statement either way to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 202
Rodley Mariner
April 1, 2021, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Hopefully just a bit of brinkmanship from one side. I can't believe JF isn't completely horrified at the thought of being left with the club and a fanbase who are desperate to be rid of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 202
pen penfras
April 1, 2021, 11:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RichMariner
Firstly, the consortium knew the perilous league situation we were in when it was publicly declared over Christmas that the takeover was finally happening.

Being the astute businessmen they are, I'm certain they considered the risk of relegation. If they had no intention of taking over if we were to end up in non-league next season then they wouldn't have begun proceedings.

They knew they might be taking over a club that could still get relegated. And it looks as though we are.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and the relegation alone shouldn't be affecting talks at this late hour.

If Shutes has dropped out, or something's happened to put the deal in some sort of doubt, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's a Fenty-led stunt. Don't forget, he's got form — making a club statement at midnight and issuing unrealistic deadlines.

I think he's out of his depth negotiating with this consortium. I love RH but they do like to stir things up. It's their job to get to the truth but they operate on a level of rumour that the Telegraph don't, which is why RH tend to get a few things wrong here and there.

I think it's telling that Findlater hasn't heard anything — remember it was the Telegraph who first reported the possible takeover nearly two years ago. They have a relationship with Shutes.

The relationship was that Shutes wanted to put something in the public to pressure Fenty into selling. Now the situation is somewhat reversed, nobody can contact him. Hardly a positive situation, but maybe he's just busy...

Just cross your fingers that it's a storm in a tea cup and the deal goes through. Nobody who has claimed to be in the know has got anything right so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 202
KingstonMariner
April 1, 2021, 3:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

True I get that but apparently Hurst has now been offered the Germany job after last nights debacle, they've decided they need to keep us shape.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Surely that would be “keep uns shape”*

* as in “Gott mitt uns”.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 202
DB
April 1, 2021, 3:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Many of us have suggested that the board of the NL is a complete shambles. It goes into insignificance when compared to this so-called takeover.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 202
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2021, 3:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 202
Hagrid
April 1, 2021, 3:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
oh RIP our club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 202
Jarmo.Is.God
April 1, 2021, 3:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
2 questions need answering.

Why has he pulled out?
Are the other 2 going ahead together?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 202
21 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's finally happening...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.