Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, March 29, 2021, 1:54pm
It's finally happening.. the start of a new era for this club is soon to come.

[tweet]1376481166975512580[/tweet]
[tweet]1376506660273938433[/tweet]
Posted by: jaygy, March 29, 2021, 2:40pm; Reply: 1
Even if/when we do get relegated this is the chance we have wanted for years to press that great big reset button. I can see the fans piling back into BP(when we are allowed) to support the new owners and get behind the club again. Bring it on! UTM!
Posted by: Eastendmariner, March 29, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 2
things are looking up

UTM
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 29, 2021, 2:59pm; Reply: 3
Fat lady clears throat......
Posted by: ginnywings, March 29, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 4
Good news on a beautiful day.

Funnily enough, I'm sat on the same bench I was on when I first read that JF had decided to sell, only it was raining that day with a rainbow. Today it's blue sky and sunshine over the seafront.

Serendipity.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 29, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 5
Just hope this isn't yet another false alarm ..first time Tondeurs put anything out so assuming it's legitimate this time round...fingers, toes, knees and  elbows crossed..šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 29, 2021, 3:24pm; Reply: 6
I was thinking this morning - it is getting close to the end of the financial year.  When the takeover was said to be finalised.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 29, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 7
Great news and the lockdown is slowly being eased.

Whatever league we are playing in next season it's a new beginning and things can only get better.
Posted by: oochiad, March 29, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 8
Just so sickening our new start will be in the NL. My dads 87 and was so looking forward to the new start and now he doesn"t think he'll see us play in the league again. As he keeps saying "It took us six years last time!". Sorry but I thought I'd be over the moon with this news but our lack of investment in the team from our previous owner has cost us and yet he's getting every penny back. drunk off I am!!!!!!!
Posted by: DB, March 29, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 9
A new dawn,
A new beginning
A new era
A fresh start
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 29, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB
A new dawn,
A new beginning
A new era
A fresh start

4ā€œAā€s šŸ˜

We canā€™t fail!

Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 29, 2021, 5:54pm; Reply: 11
3  months to late if we had had some leadership since Christmas I doubt we would be in this awful mess we have just been allowed to sink without any one too bothered for the players or management to answer too
Posted by: pen penfras, March 29, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from crusty ole pie
3  months to late if we had had some leadership since Christmas I doubt we would be in this awful mess we have just been allowed to sink without any one too bothered for the players or management to answer too

Yea, if we had them in place by Christmas, Hurst could have signed 20 new players instead of 11.
Posted by: MarshMariner, March 29, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, if we had them in place by Christmas, Hurst could have signed 20 new players instead of 11.

No but we will never know if the budget may have been bigger... :)
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), March 29, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from DB
A new dawn,
A new beginning
A new era
A fresh start

+ A new shirt.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 29, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 15
Oh well, the wait continues..šŸ¤§
Posted by: DB, March 29, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Oh well, the wait continues..šŸ¤§

Tomorrow my friend, you have to wait for the ink to dry.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 29, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from DB

Tomorrow my friend, you have to wait for the ink to dry.

I've all the patience in the world DB..But I wish people would stop putting carrots out without substance now..
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 30, 2021, 9:00am; Reply: 18
We just know that they will release the details and confirmation on April 1st!
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, March 30, 2021, 9:48am; Reply: 19
https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/home-and-furniture/storage/moving-house-packs-and-bubble-wrap/c:29595/

Reasonable?
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 30, 2021, 11:37am; Reply: 20
Really wish people would stop getting peoples hopes up for days on end. Even JTā€™s tweet was annoying to read yesterday, itā€™s great that it MIGHT be done but why tweet anything until itā€™s done. Fans have been indoors without much human interaction for a year without that much hope in sight of when thatā€™ll end, our football team is absolutely shite yet people on Twitter fancy being the first to the headlines by getting people excited only to be let down when it doesnā€™t happen that day.

Weā€™re all getting a bit impatient with it and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll happen, but letā€™s just wait for the announcement
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 30, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pontoonlew
Really wish people would stop getting peoples hopes up for days on end. Even JTā€™s tweet was annoying to read yesterday, itā€™s great that it MIGHT be done but why tweet anything until itā€™s done. Fans have been indoors without much human interaction for a year without that much hope in sight of when thatā€™ll end, our football team is absolutely shite yet people on Twitter fancy being the first to the headlines by getting people excited only to be let down when it doesnā€™t happen that day.

Weā€™re all getting a bit impatient with it and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll happen, but letā€™s just wait for the announcement

Absolutely mirrors my own thoughts as I said in an earlier post...
Posted by: rancido, March 30, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 22
I am lead to believe from a very reliable source, and no I won't reveal who, that part of the delay is contacting all the shareholders individually. Now I don't know how many there are but judging by the posters on here there are quite a few who only hold a small number of shares. Add that to the shareholders who don't post on The Fishy and you could have quite a lot of shareholders to contact. Then you have to wait for replies, with the distinct possibility that some may have passed away and relatives unaware that they held shares in GTFC.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 30, 2021, 1:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from rancido
I am lead to believe from a very reliable source, and no I won't reveal who, that part of the delay is contacting all the shareholders individually. Now I don't know how many there are but judging by the posters on here there are quite a few who only hold a small number of shares. Add that to the shareholders who don't post on The Fishy and you could have quite a lot of shareholders to contact. Then you have to wait for replies, with the distinct possibility that some may have passed away and relatives unaware that they held shares in GTFC.

What are shareholders being asked for and what replies are needed?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 30, 2021, 1:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido

Iā€™m a modest shareholder and have had no contact with the club.
Posted by: ska face, March 30, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from rancido

Surely weā€™ve got a big red book with all their fax numbers scribbled in pencil?
Posted by: DB, March 30, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from rancido

According to companies house on the 2nd Nov, there are 1,817 shareholders holding a various amount of shares. If these have to be contacted then it could take a long time.

Posted by: promotion plaice, March 30, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Tinymariner
We just know that they will release the details and confirmation on April 1st!

With an article that morning in the Telegraph quoting that as part of the deal the Dock Tower is to be demolished and replaced with a 309ft high cardboard cutout of Mr Fenty   :)

Posted by: DB, March 30, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Does this post mean that you (Fillipe Noche) are leaving (as in moving home)? I am sure many on here will be interested to know.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 30, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Iā€™m a modest shareholder and have had no contact with the club.

I believe it was arrogant and assertive shareholders first
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 30, 2021, 2:06pm; Reply: 30
;D
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I believe it was arrogant and assertive shareholders first

Posted by: forza ivano, March 30, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from rancido

You have a p.m.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 30, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from forza ivano

You have a p.m.

You intrigue me Forza....you generally get a sniff of things going on then pm someone with a bit of inside knowledge, I'm contacting MI6 as we speak!..šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤­
Posted by: moosey_club, March 30, 2021, 3:08pm; Reply: 33
Pretty sure they are taking on the amount of shares that tips them over the limit of then having to offer to purchase other shares.......read something indicating that in the trust minutes....so perhaps that is what's happening. ....

Or they are delaying until we are safe or relegated so they can either claim credit or be absolved of any blame
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2021, 3:12pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

You have a p.m.

He still won't tell you  ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, March 30, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete

He still won't tell you  ;D

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=UHFVR1sJ&id=2282F4AB8F397993C8B8C5A96F69E87F515B457B&thid=OIP.UHFVR1sJExSJv8PzR6Jy9QAAAA&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.tenor.co%2fimages%2f507155475b09131489bfc3f347a272f5%2fraw&exph=344&expw=472&q=winking+gif&simid=608034491487495904&ck=60C252E7083BD11CBB858386FE0FD2FF&selectedIndex=1&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from rancido

Surely the club would just call an EGM for this matter?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 30, 2021, 3:58pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from promotion plaice

With an article that morning in the Telegraph quoting that as part of the deal the Dock Tower is to be demolished and replaced with a 309ft high cardboard cutout of Mr Fenty   :)

Remember the Burning Man film.....
Posted by: pen penfras, March 30, 2021, 4:42pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from rancido

They have to make an offer for all shares because they'll be over the threshold to trigger that. But they don't need to do that until after they've bought the controlling stake. It wouldn't even make sense to contact them before the deal goes through. No need to wait for replies, there's a time limit by which somebody has to reply to accept it.
Posted by: Davec, March 30, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 39
If we wait for replies from all of them then it will never ever be because they aren't going to get replies from those who have since passed away, and even those alive not all of them will reply
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 30, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 40
I seem to recall in Mr Shutes original statement, he said that he/they would get the majority shareholding, and then would also purchase any other shareholders shares if they wanted to sell them, thus covering all bases.
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Davec
If we wait for replies from all of them then it will never ever be because they aren't going to get replies from those who have since passed away, and even those alive not all of them will reply

Come back same time tomorrow for more obvious stuff from Aaron.
Posted by: Supersixty, March 30, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 42
Heard today are soon to be ex leader has bought a plot of land, building a house and soon to be a resident of Spain, 1 of the brothers may be off too, the bust one
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, March 30, 2021, 7:43pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Supersixty
Heard today are soon to be ex leader has bought a plot of land, building a house and soon to be a resident of Spain, 1 of the brothers may be off too, the bust one

Lloret or Tossa?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 30, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from MarshMariner

No but we will never know if the budget may have been bigger... :)

So what you're saying is a "more than competitive" budget?  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 45

Lloret or Tossa?

Iā€™m surprised you had to ask ......šŸ˜‚
Posted by: smokey111, March 30, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 46

Lloret or Tossa?

Superb.
Posted by: Mariner16, March 30, 2021, 8:38pm; Reply: 47
Wigan have had their takeover passed by the EFL and it took 3 weeks maximum.

We're still waiting.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2021, 10:35pm; Reply: 48
Donā€™t believe itā€™s because they have to get in touch with all shareholders. This only applies when you go above 50%. Fentyā€™s shareholding is 40ish %. I donā€™t think any of the consortium have 10% already.

Fentyā€™s is deemed to control the club because of his loans.

So the consortium could buy out Fenty first then if they want control of the club by owning over 50% of the shares they would then, and only then have to offer to buy all the rest.

What we donā€™t know is if they are lending the club the money to pay off Fentyā€™s loans.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 31, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 49
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Donā€™t believe itā€™s because they have to get in touch with all shareholders. This only applies when you go above 50%. Fentyā€™s shareholding is 40ish %. I donā€™t think any of the consortium have 10% already.

So the consortium could buy out Fenty first then if they want control of the club by owning over 50% of the shares they would then, and only then have to offer to buy all the rest.

What we donā€™t know is if they are lending the club the money to pay off Fentyā€™s loans.

Currently there are Ā£2,379,900 of issued shares in GTFC. Fenty owns Ā£975,000 of those shares which equates to 40.97%.

My understanding (from what I've been told) is that the new owners are obliged to also buy all the shares belonging to Chapman (Ā£500), Day (Ā£2,950) & Marley (Ā£4,100) unless any of the trio want to retain any/all of their shares. I'm not sure if they are obliged to buy Ian Holloway's Ā£500 of shares or not.

I have no idea whether they will also try to buy the Ā£500,000 of shares owned by Mike Parker or whether he would sell if they did approach him, but I was told there's no legal obligation.

Paying off the directors loans will of course go through the books for tax purposes. It will add to the historic losses on the club account and potentially avoid paying tax if the club ever becomes profitable to the point that historic losses have turned into historic profit.

It doesn't really matter how that money is put into the club. Loan or additional share purchases. As I pointed out previously every other owner in football treat loans they make to their club as the same as the bank of mum and dad- i.e. a gift rather than something that needs to be repaid. They are kept on the books until the owner sells the club and at that point they are written off.

The previous owner of Wigan has written off a debt of Ā£35 million to facilitate them exiting administration and being sold to a new owner- had he not done that Wigan would have had to agree to repay 25% of what was owed (Ā£8.75 million) to him by a CVA or face another point deduction. Obviously that debt would have made it impossible to sell Wigan Athletic as a going concern. Who would buy a L1/L2 club with a CVA of Ā£10 million or so to be serviced?

We owe directors Ā£1,550,000. I was told that Ā£1,500,000 is owed to Fenty, Ā£25,000 is owed to Day and Ā£25,000 to others (I presume to Marley and/or Chapman).

Financing the repayment of Fenty's (and other director's) "benign" loans will probably be split between additional share purchases (to allow new owners to control over 50% of the club) and new loans to the club.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 31, 2021, 8:22am; Reply: 50
Re: timing of when the deal will be finalised...

Why would the consortium be in a huge rush now? They are talking to Hurst and putting things in place in regards budgets for next season & improvements to the training ground.

If I were them I'd be quite happy to wait until our fate (if we are to be relegated) is sealed this season. Make Fenty own the relegation 100%. If they bought the club now some people would give them a portion of the blame.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 31, 2021, 8:33am; Reply: 51
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's 30%. https://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/the-code/download-code

Quoted Text

When a person or group acquires interests in shares carrying 30% or more of the voting rights of a company, they must make a cash offer to all other shareholders at the highest price paid in the 12 months before the offer was announced (30% of the voting rights of a company is treated by the Code as the level at which effective control is obtained).
Posted by: pen penfras, March 31, 2021, 8:47am; Reply: 52
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Currently there are Ā£2,379,900 of issued shares in GTFC. Fenty owns Ā£975,000 of those shares which equates to 40.97%.

My understanding (from what I've been told) is that the new owners are obliged to also buy all the shares belonging to Chapman (Ā£500), Day (Ā£2,950) & Marley (Ā£4,100) unless any of the trio want to retain any/all of their shares. I'm not sure if they are obliged to buy Ian Holloway's Ā£500 of shares or not.

I have no idea whether they will also try to buy the Ā£500,000 of shares owned by Mike Parker or whether he would sell if they did approach him, but I was told there's no legal obligation.

Paying off the directors loans will of course go through the books for tax purposes. It will add to the historic losses on the club account and potentially avoid paying tax if the club ever becomes profitable to the point that historic losses have turned into historic profit.

It doesn't really matter how that money is put into the club. Loan or additional share purchases. As I pointed out previously every other owner in football treat loans they make to their club as the same as the bank of mum and dad- i.e. a gift rather than something that needs to be repaid. They are kept on the books until the owner sells the club and at that point they are written off.

The previous owner of Wigan has written off a debt of Ā£35 million to facilitate them exiting administration and being sold to a new owner- had he not done that Wigan would have had to agree to repay 25% of what was owed (Ā£8.75 million) to him by a CVA or face another point deduction. Obviously that debt would have made it impossible to sell Wigan Athletic as a going concern. Who would buy a L1/L2 club with a CVA of Ā£10 million or so to be serviced?

We owe directors Ā£1,550,000. I was told that Ā£1,500,000 is owed to Fenty, Ā£25,000 is owed to Day and Ā£25,000 to others (I presume to Marley and/or Chapman).

Financing the repayment of Fenty's (and other director's) "benign" loans will probably be split between additional share purchases (to allow new owners to control over 50% of the club) and new loans to the club.

They can't force the purchase, and I can't imagine they want to. But I also think Parker will be very happy to get an offer for a big chunk of money back.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 9:08am; Reply: 53
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If Iā€™m reading what you say correctly youā€™re saying the consortium are just playing off Fentyā€™s loan with another loan if it sits on the balance sheet?

Though the bit Iā€™m not getting is if this isnā€™t going through the P&L how can it add to the historic losses? A refinancing package doesnā€™t usually impact profit in that direct manner.

Either way it will happen when it happens and when it does weā€™ll be rid of the shackles that have held us back.

Iā€™m not expecting for a minute that the consortium will throw barrow loads of cash at this as in reality sustainable growth has to be the way forward for now Iā€™ll just be happy with some fresh ideas, ambition, positive engagement and people in charge who are not complete narcissists.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 31, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 54
Replacing one loan with another would have no P+L or tax impact.

If the club issued more shares, (assuming they have sufficient  authorised unissued share capital) the funds could then be used to repay the loans with no tax consequences.

So the cleanest way around this I would think is for the consortium to subscribe for Ā£1.5m additional shares , the proceeds of which allow the club to repay Fenty's loans. That together with the shares they buy direct from Fenty, will give them a majority shareholding even if no other shareholders sell to them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 31, 2021, 10:13am; Reply: 55
Quoted from JMT
It's finally happening.. the start of a new era for this club is soon to come.

[tweet]1376481166975512580[/tweet]

I don't do Twitter, anymore been said on there about this ?

Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 10:45am; Reply: 56

I don't do Twitter, anymore been said on there about this ?

nothing else P.P.
suspect that we won't hear anything official this week . Think they will want to find the best time to announce it and make a big a splash as possible.
Wednesday next week could be a goer. it's the start of the new financial year, the Easter matches will be behind us, and of course, we could almost be dead and buried by this time next week
Golly's thought that they might wait until relegation is confirmed is an interesting one; especially if Fenty has been playing silly beggars.
Let him take 'ownership' of this season's debacle and he will bow out with his only legacy being 2 relegations to  non league hell
Posted by: DB, March 31, 2021, 11:34am; Reply: 57
We all ask for some gems of hope as to when our plight under Fenty will end. Anything will do to ease our mind that Fenty's disastrous stewardship will end.

JT tried to provide that on Monday presumably with some sort of info he had. About 2 weeks ago, or more, somebody else told us to get the champagne in it was all going to change that week.

The only real information we have gleaned from various forumites is that the i's have been dotted and t's crossed. It is up to the consortium when they sign off Fenty and for whatever reason for the delay, we have to trust them.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 31, 2021, 11:36am; Reply: 58
Quoted from forza ivano

Golly's thought that they might wait until relegation is confirmed is an interesting one; especially if Fenty has been playing silly beggars.
Let him take 'ownership' of this season's debacle and he will bow out with his only legacy being 2 relegations to  non league hell

Is there really one single fan out there (apart from the Fenty clan)  that wouldnā€™t blame Fenty if we do get relegated. Even if the takeover was announced today ?

We all know where the blame lies.  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), March 31, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 59
Indeed we do!
Posted by: ska face, March 31, 2021, 12:20pm; Reply: 60
We all know where the blame lies, but average Joe in the street might not. Donā€™t forget that a significant number of people on here STILL think the sun shines out of Fentyā€™s ringpiece.

Wouldnā€™t be a good look for the consortium if the Telegraph front page is ā€œGTFC sold to new ownersā€ one week, then ā€œGTFC relegated to conferenceā€ two weeks later.

Donā€™t think thatā€™s the reason behind the delay, but certainly wouldnā€™t blame the consortium for waiting until we know where we are next year. Surely changes the whole approach to initial announcements.
Posted by: toontown, March 31, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 61
I suspect they are waiting in order for fenty to take full responsibility for our impending relegation again to nonleague. It makes sense, it stops them having any responsibility for fentys epic incompetence and mismanagement impacting on their fresh start, and its what i would do in their place.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 31, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from toontown
I suspect they are waiting in order for fenty to take full responsibility for our impending relegation again to nonleague.

Hell will freeze over before Fenty does that.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Supersixty

Let's hope he gets his paperwork in order!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422293/Alicante-officials-refuse-let-dozens-Britons-Spain.html
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 2:41pm; Reply: 64
Ian Blakemore who is the Admin on Facebook's GTFC Praise & Grumble site just posted that we could be hearing good news today or tomorrow. Don't think he's a bulllshitter so fingers crossed.
Among the many comments are some interesting ones by a Mike Taylor (don't know who he is, but seems to know some stuff)

Mike Taylor
no, but he isn't leaving 100%

Mike Taylor
It's Friday. The takeover is complete. Why though, have the trust 'gifted' shares to Fenty? I thought most were hoping the takeover would be the end of him. Obviously not. The question exists though - why?

Simon Sos West
Mike
will the board room be much different ?

Mike Taylor
Simon Sos West
I have no idea, but all staff behind the scenes are being retained. The club won't change that much imo. It needs a complete clearout inside out. Not only the players should be blamed for the infestation of complacency and arrogance, this has all contributed to the club being non league - not once, but nearly twice. Sorry but the fans' dreams are just that

Ian Blakemore
Author
Admin
Mike Taylor
the club are never going to get rid of all the staff, it is un realistic plus unfair dismissal etc.
The new board instead will e able to encourage and develop different working approaches and methods.
If he keeps those shares, the trust gave for a board position, then surely they belong to club and not JF as he wasn't the owner of the club but just the majority shareholder.
Though lets get take over and enjoy it then, if JF is still on the scene we can aim our thoughts towards him.

if he's right (and my info is that he is) then Fenty is keeping hold of the 200,000 Trust shares, presumably in order to retain a 'presence' and , he no doubt hopes, some influence
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 31, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from forza ivano
Ian Blakemore who is the Admin on Facebook's GTFC Praise & Grumble site just posted that we could be hearing good news today or tomorrow. Don't think he's a bulllshitter so fingers crossed.
Among the many comments are some interesting ones by a Mike Taylor (don't know who he is, but seems to know some stuff)

Mike Taylor

Mike Taylor
It's Friday. The takeover is complete. Why though, have the trust 'gifted' shares to Fenty? I thought most were hoping the takeover would be the end of him. Obviously not. The question exists though - why?

Simon Sos West
Mike

Mike Taylor
Simon Sos West
I have no idea, but all staff behind the scenes are being retained. The club won't change that much imo. It needs a complete clearout inside out. Not only the players should be blamed for the infestation of complacency and arrogance, this has all contributed to the club being non league - not once, but nearly twice. Sorry but the fans' dreams are just that

Ian Blakemore
Author
Admin
Mike Taylor
the club are never going to get rid of all the staff, it is un realistic plus unfair dismissal etc.
The new board instead will e able to encourage and develop different working approaches and methods.
If he keeps those shares, the trust gave for a board position, then surely they belong to club and not JF as he wasn't the owner of the club but just the majority shareholder.
Though lets get take over and enjoy it then, if JF is still on the scene we can aim our thoughts towards him.

if he's right (and my info is that he is) then Fenty is keeping hold of the 200,000 Trust shares, presumably in order to retain a 'presence' and , he no doubt hopes, some influence

Redundancies?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), March 31, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from forza ivano

Mike Taylor

Mike Taylor

Simon Sos West
Mike

Mike Taylor
Simon Sos West

Ian Blakemore
Author
Admin
Mike Taylor

Not happy about this, thought we was getting rid of Fenty 100%!

Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from arryarryarry

Redundancies?

no, don't think so. i think it'll be a clean slate and people will be given a chance to shine. remember many of the employees have been there for years and have been dragged down by Fenty's regime. New bosses, anew approach, a new era, more investment, more professionalism will hopefully lead to many of them regaining their mojo. A happy workforce is going to be so much more productive.It's something Stockwood firmly believes in (have a look at his Twitter account)
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from 123614

Not happy about this, thought we was getting rid of Fenty 100%!

unfortunately not, it seems. of course the consortium could issue new shares which would lead to a dilution of his % shareholding
I'm not sure if this could be done, but it does happen elsewhere in the city, and that is to issue a new shares which would be a different class of shares. Those with the new shares would have voting rights etc which would be denied to the old shareholders.It's ususally done the other way round i.e. the existing Board retain the shares with voting rights and then offers non voting rights  shares to the institutions and private investors
Posted by: RonMariner, March 31, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 69
If true, it may be that Fenty has decided it is not right to accept cash for shares he did not pay for. Instead he will simply hang on to them. But a small minority shareholding of that size would leave him with very little or any say in how things are run.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 31, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from forza ivano

no, don't think so. i think it'll be a clean slate and people will be given a chance to shine. remember many of the employees have been there for years and have been dragged down by Fenty's regime. New bosses, anew approach, a new era, more investment, more professionalism will hopefully lead to many of them regaining their mojo. A happy workforce is going to be so much more productive.It's something Stockwood firmly believes in (have a look at his Twitter account)

Apologies, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the comment that you copied that suggested "unfair dismissals" but making someone redundant would be unlikely to be classed as unfair dismissal.
Posted by: ska face, March 31, 2021, 4:45pm; Reply: 71
Donā€™t understand what influence Fenty could possibly have by retaining the shares? Surely the new board members, assuming the three wise man take up positions on the board, could vote to remove him as a director, or would just vote him down whenever required?

Heā€™d be left holding Ā£200k of worthless shares with zero influence at all?

Plus Iā€™m sure the previous statements confirmed an offer was accepted for his full shareholding?
Posted by: ska face, March 31, 2021, 4:48pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from arryarryarry

Apologies, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the comment that you copied that suggested "unfair dismissals" but making someone redundant would be unlikely to be classed as unfair dismissal.

Yeah, he might be admin on a GTFC Facebook page but it doesnā€™t sound like he knows much about employment law.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 31, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from arryarryarry

You can't make somebody redundant and then hire somebody else to do that role.

As for Mike Taylor, just sounds like an attention seeking gobshite. Why would Fenty keep any shares? They're worthless.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from ska face
Donā€™t understand what influence Fenty could possibly have by retaining the shares? Surely the new board members, assuming the three wise man take up positions on the board, could vote to remove him as a director, or would just vote him down whenever required?

Heā€™d be left holding Ā£200k of worthless shares with zero influence at all?

Plus Iā€™m sure the previous statements confirmed an offer was accepted for his full shareholding?

Thatā€™s my understanding but if he was left with share why would they be worthless? If we made the move to a new ground where we could secure greater income Iā€™d suggest theyā€™d have some value.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 4:55pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Thatā€™s my understanding but if he was left with share why would they be worthless? If we made the move to a new ground where we could secure greater income Iā€™d suggest theyā€™d have some value.

as i said its because he's an obnoxious individual who can't accept he's beaten. He will be there as a potentially malign influence.in fact i wouldn't mind betting, given his ego, that he wants to retain them so he could organise a Second Coming should the Triumverate feck up
Posted by: pen penfras, March 31, 2021, 4:56pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We're not a real PLC though. They're only worth what somebody will pay, and nobody needs them to gain control. The only way he makes money is if somebody buys the club for a stupid amount and has to offer the same amount to every shareholder. Which can be done without having to make that offer
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from pen penfras

We're not a real PLC though. They're only worth what somebody will pay, and nobody needs them to gain control. The only way he makes money is if somebody buys the club for a stupid amount and has to offer the same amount to every shareholder. Which can be done without having to make that offer

Exactly what I meant I just thought I wouldnā€™t do it an a way that makes out a poster is stupid.

Not all purchasers of shares want control BTW.
Posted by: Mikey_345, March 31, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 78
Of course theyā€™re not going to turn up and start just sacking people.

Firstly thatā€™s just unfair,  and from everything I hear and see of them they look to know their stuff. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll come in and treat it as a clean slate and give everyone a fair chance - which is only right.

Staff behaviour follows the leadership it is shown. That leadership has come from John Fenty for 16 years..... Iā€™ll leave you to work out if thatā€™s a good example to have at the top, or not.
Posted by: Davec, March 31, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 79
I wouldn't mind John Fenty still being a shareholder.

All I care about is that he has absolutely zero influence and authority. And zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level.

I also like Phillip Day to have zero influence and authority and zero zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level
Posted by: RonMariner, March 31, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 80
I think most of us just want the guy gone, not hanging around like a bad smell.

He has demonstrated the value of his contribution to the club beyond all doubt.
Posted by: DB, March 31, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 81
I wonder if the consortium are the people who Fenty referred to as tyre kickers some months ago. If they are, and we don't know, but if they are then they could be taking revenge on Fenty. Ā£2.5 million is worth a bit of interest so perhaps everything is in place and they just want to make Fenty wait.

They may want to ensure that Fenty cannot get out of taking the blame for the demise into the NL. I know and you know who's fault it is but Fenty has got balls and a thick skin. I can just see him saying that Town under his watch was a league club and the consortium let the club fall into the NL. The audacity, but it could happen.

If they were the tyre kickers, then they might want to put a Pressure Gauge on Fenty to see if he's full of Wind. They'll show they not hot air nor Remoulds but Goodyear. Slick F1's will serve the club well instead of chepo Crosssplys.

I just hope we don't blow a Valve and get some good news soon.
Posted by: RichMariner, March 31, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 82
So, in summary then, now that this discussion has moved onto its ninth page...

...no one actually knows anything.

I know we're all free to speculate and claim inside knowledge, but if anyone did have any genuine inside knowledge we wouldn't have this degree of speculation.

Let's all accept that no one knows more than the next person and it'll be completed when it's completed.

Saying 'it's happening' is a bit like claiming night will follow day. Of course it's going to happen, but if you can't put a time on it then what's the point 'announcing' it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from RichMariner

I know we're all free to speculate and claim inside knowledge, but if anyone did have any genuine inside knowledge we wouldn't have this degree of speculation.

Let's all accept that no one knows more than the next person and it'll be completed when it's completed.

Saying 'it's happening' is a bit like claiming night will follow day. Of course it's going to happen, but if you can't put a time on it then what's the point 'announcing' it.

It always happens this way when part time local radio football commentator tweets in riddles.

Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, March 31, 2021, 6:28pm; Reply: 84
Hope the 3 amigos make fenty make the tea and make phill day hold the dart board whilst they aim for 180 , if that n0bhead still has a say after bagging 2.5 mill I'll personally dint the other side of his 80 grand motor
Posted by: scrumble, March 31, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 85
You trust him to make the tea?

He'd probably use one teabag for the whole season, and if anyone complained makes some comment about not wanting to devalue the product

https://youtu.be/_CtdYqVK_R4
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2021, 7:05pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Davec
I wouldn't mind John Fenty still being a shareholder.

All I care about is that he has absolutely zero influence and authority. And zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level.

I also like Phillip Day to have zero influence and authority and zero zero say on how the club is run and the decisions taken at board level

If he retains the shares that he acquired FOC because of a veiled threat over the sale of a player, then that shows exactly why he needs to go. The last thing we need is him hanging around like a nasty smell.
Posted by: HerveJosse, March 31, 2021, 8:01pm; Reply: 87
Hopefully much of the stuff in this thread is speculation. If JF retains 200k shares then not withstanding he would no longer have control that would be a PR disaster, I cannot believe the prospective new owners are not savvy enough to recognise that. Yes the new owners will almost certainly have to offer to buy out the remaining shareholders under the City Panel rules which we are bound by as a result of our misguided PLC status but that comes later and is not an explanation for the delay. They will no doubt have already sounded out the other major shareholders on what the outcome of that will be and factored that into their financing plans.Whatever is or has caused the delay we do not know but it is not good and has given Hurst a free pass so far. Many clubs have come back from worse positions then we were in a month ago particularly with the fixture list we have had in that period. If the takeover had been completed a month ago and the whole club rejuvenated we will never know what the outcome would have been.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 31, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from RichMariner

If this was true my friend the fishy wouldnā€™t exist in its forum and it would just be a lexicon of gtfc footy knowledge .
Posted by: Davec, March 31, 2021, 8:19pm; Reply: 89
Ian Blakemor has posted in the Facebook group that he has heard things have taken a turn for the worse and Shutes has walked away and Fenty remains on the board.

Hearing not good things about the take over.

I can't confirm or deny the rumours

It goes:

Apparently things have taken a turn and Schutes has walked away.

Fenty wants to remain on the board.

If this is true and Fenty remains, I will walk away supporting or paying for anything GTFC, if Fenty remains at the club

Wonder how many people feel the same uf the rumours are true

#Fenty-Out
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 31, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 90
Think we need to wait for something formal.

Canā€™t believe a club will still exist at this level if Fenty remains.
Too much bad blood.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 31, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Davec
Ian Blakemor has posted in the Facebook group that he has heard things have taken a turn for the worse

Who? A Facebook attention seeker... Must be true then
Posted by: MNH1972, March 31, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 92
Utter balderdash
Posted by: bawarmy, March 31, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 93
Early April fool?
Posted by: Davec, March 31, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 94
Radio Humberside are also reporting it
Posted by: gtfcmd, March 31, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 95
must be true radio humberside just tweeted
Posted by: gtfcmd, March 31, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 96
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1377345949698260995
Posted by: davmariner, March 31, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 97
Have heard the same from a reliable source that Tom Shutes has pulled out. It was all meant to be signed and sealed last night, but Shutes sent an email shortly before the meeting stating that he wasnā€™t happy to proceed. Unclear what happens next.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 31, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 98
Why is it always us
Posted by: topuphere666, March 31, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 99
The club will die with fenty remaining in any capacity. Why canā€™t he just take his millions and intercourse off into the sunset.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 31, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 100
Looks like I'm about to go support the local tiddly wink club...not stepping foot in the door if Fenty has anything to do with this club and due to his pig headedness our chance of salvation has gone...
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from davmariner
Have heard the same from a reliable source that Tom Shutes has pulled out. It was all meant to be signed and sealed last night, but Shutes sent an email shortly before the meeting stating that he wasnā€™t happy to proceed. Unclear what happens next.

i'm desperately hoping this is all false. One thought - maybe it's a last minute bargaining ploy in order to force Fenty to get rid of those old Trust shares
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 31, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from davmariner

Possibly expecting a shortfall in income if we go down so someone has to make that up and he may not want to.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 31, 2021, 8:59pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from arryarryarry

Possibly expecting a shortfall in income if we go down so someone has to make that up and he may not want to.

Full parachute payment first season if we get relegated so find that hard to believe.

Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 31, 2021, 9:00pm; Reply: 104
Shutes has always seemed a bit of a mystery in the process.  Stockwood clearly has a passion for Town and the money to buy the Club.  Shutes seems interested in redevelopment of the town rather than having a passion for Town.

If Shutes pulls out, hopefully Stockwood and Petit will still go ahead.
Posted by: oochiad, March 31, 2021, 9:01pm; Reply: 105
Ffs
Posted by: davmariner, March 31, 2021, 9:02pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from forza ivano

i'm desperately hoping this is all false. One thought - maybe it's a last minute bargaining ploy in order to force Fenty to get rid of those old Trust shares

My understanding is that itā€™s an issue that only Shutes is unhappy with. The other two were happy to proceed. But Shutes has definitely pulled out.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 9:02pm; Reply: 107
If Schutes has bailed it might be because no f****er can be trusted if every ā€œreliable sourceā€ referenced on here is to be believed.

Wait and see what happens, it is what it is.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 31, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think we need to wait for something formal.

Canā€™t believe a club will still exist at this level if Fenty remains.
Too much bad blood.

Starting to look like dog walking on Saturdays
Posted by: MarinerDevil, March 31, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 109
Maybe... he really was a tyre kicker after all?   ;D

Desperate for this not to be true but looks like numerous people have heard it.  Will await full details on what this means for Stockwood and Pettit's involvement before completely freaking out but feeling very deflated.  :(
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), March 31, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 110
Classic GTFC way - time for plan B a fan owned Club.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 31, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 111
Itā€™s clear Shutes was likely on board Becauee of his redevelopment aspirations and experience. Itā€™s always seemed that the other two are the money men so to speak.

Perhaps theyā€™ve found skeletons or some surprises which could hinder the vision and Shutes isnā€™t happy...
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 31, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 112

All I can say is if Fenty stays not a penny more from me.

I'll just listen on the radio from now on.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 113
https://twitter.com/TVFTL/status/1377349563024093199

this lad is usually spot on and my source says it's a bit of squeezing Fenty's ballsack
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 31, 2021, 9:08pm; Reply: 114

Full parachute payment first season if we get relegated so find that hard to believe.

Only the first season and who is to say that we will come straight back up, but also likely shortfall in attendance income as well as advertising income but probably paying League 2/1 wages to get the players to make a promotion challenge.
Posted by: HerveJosse, March 31, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 115
Not surprised . Taken far to long . Anybody whose companies are called Everything Ltd and Our place in the World Ltd I wouldnā€™t let through my door.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 31, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 116
Hope itā€™s a negotiation stance, because frankly if itā€™s not Iā€™ve has enough.
Posted by: ska face, March 31, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

this lad is usually spot on and my source says it's a bit of squeezing Fenty's ballsack

Itā€™s his fĆŗcking neck that wants squeezing.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 31, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 118
Could just be some strategic move to put additional pressure on the parasite...

The deal can be done without Shutes, and nothing to stop him being brought in at a later date. Letā€™s face it, we support a club that brought in no mark, clueless pensioners in Marley and Day so we know it can be done...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 31, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 119
Itā€™s a consortium donā€™t forget if one person drops out it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s all over.

Letā€™s face it earlier in the week all the anticipation was unweighted by a Radio Humberside employee.

Posted by: ginnywings, March 31, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from forza ivano

A good Good Friday hopefully.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 31, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 121
If Shutes has pulled out he can take his rightful place in the Fenty / Holloway idiot club
Edit
Thatā€™s to say I truly hope he hasnā€™t
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 31, 2021, 9:38pm; Reply: 122
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1377356748613242884?s=19
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 31, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 123

If BBC Radio Humberside are reporting it then they've got a very reliable source. Possibly Fenty, Day or another Fenty acolyte. They will have put their spin on events. The truth is probably a lot less cut and dry.
Posted by: LH, March 31, 2021, 9:47pm; Reply: 124
One last Fenty/Humberside red herring anyone?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 31, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from pen penfras

Cheers pp. Iā€™m surprised itā€™s as low as that as 30% isnā€™t a controlling interest
Posted by: mariner83, March 31, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 126
Heard Shutes had a hissy fit because even after all this time people still can't spell his name right  ::)
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), March 31, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 127
Itā€™s going to be a Long Good Friday.
Posted by: denni266, March 31, 2021, 9:57pm; Reply: 128
Dont know what we are hearing is true or not, But i said weeks ago that something was wrong and did not feel right and got shot down and called for it,,  Hope its jus a blip or nothing  but i cannot see the others going ahead and putting 2.5 mill out  and then another 3 / 4 million  to pull us out of this rut Thats without needing the funds for a new ground as the regeneration of the docks area + freeman st area seem to have gone very quiate . Just seems to me that the cons far outway the pros  and they are money making men  not losers of money
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 31, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 129
If Fenty is still involved, thatā€™s it. He will only act like a dead weight on the club.

These latest rumours donā€™t sound good.
Posted by: JMT, March 31, 2021, 10:23pm; Reply: 130
Tom Shutes has now deleted his twitter account...
Posted by: ska face, March 31, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 131
Probably got fed up of all the nauses tweeting him every 2 minutes about the takeover
Posted by: JMT, March 31, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from ska face
Probably got fed up of all the nauses tweeting him every 2 minutes about the takeover

To be fair the last time he even got tweeted was the 7th March and that was only two tweets.

Posted by: DB, March 31, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 133
Doomed, we're all doomed.
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, March 31, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 134
This forum is full of rubbish
Posted by: DB, March 31, 2021, 11:34pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
This forum is full of rubbish

You don't have to read it.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 31, 2021, 11:39pm; Reply: 136
Looming relegation put the buyers off? Waiting for the price to drop in.m in the conference?No way the club is worth anywhere near Ā£2.5 million in the conference.
Posted by: DB, April 1, 2021, 12:01am; Reply: 137
Quoted from JMT
Tom Shutes has now deleted his twitter account...

That probably sums up the delay in the takeover. We don't know why the reasons for the delay, or even if it will still go ahead, and can only speculate. Day has been ominously quiet about the whole situation and given that Fenty holds less than 50% of the shares surely Day has a duty to the majority of shareholders to tell them what is happening.

The other thing is what about Hursts' position as manager. It has been posted many times about the 'portacabin' incident. Last week he told us about the budget discussions etc. with the consortium. If Fenty stays will Hurst leave? as many were under the impression he only returned because of the takeover.

Would the other 2 members of the consortium wish to continue without Shutes involvement? What about the new stadium? Fenty must have lost influence on the council so is the Freemo site still on?

The only good thing about being a mushroom is being fed on bullsh!te. Unfortunately, the dung heap has gone and we're left to wither in the hope of a new world.
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, April 1, 2021, 12:05am; Reply: 138
Have just checked for any updates on shareholders, and nothing as of yet. Hopefully itā€™s just a cruel April fools joke and we can all breathe a sigh of relief by tomorrow
Posted by: Humbercod, April 1, 2021, 7:06am; Reply: 139
Tondeur tweeted ā€˜the end is nighā€™ he might be flipping right!
Posted by: pen penfras, April 1, 2021, 7:14am; Reply: 140
Quoted from forza ivano

What on earth does that even mean? You think they're renegotiating now, after having agreed a deal in December? No wonder they're getting called tyre kickers if that's the case.

Hopefully the other 2 proceed if that's the case. I didn't like the sound of Shutes anyway. Not a fan and only in it for profit. The other 2 are Grimsby fans and seem like they are in it for the right reasons.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, April 1, 2021, 7:24am; Reply: 141
Now is not a time for speculation.
Iā€™m sure that once the implications relating to the covenants are ironed out, everything will be in order and the share sale and loan balances will be concluded.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 1, 2021, 8:16am; Reply: 142
To be honest I think it's stockwood and petit who are the main driving forces of this deal, we need these two. Hopefully if shutes has pulled out that these two can pull the deal through.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 1, 2021, 8:29am; Reply: 143
Quoted from pen penfras

What on earth does that even mean? You think they're renegotiating now, after having agreed a deal in December? No wonder they're getting called tyre kickers if that's the case.

Hopefully the other 2 proceed if that's the case. I didn't like the sound of Shutes anyway. Not a fan and only in it for profit. The other 2 are Grimsby fans and seem like they are in it for the right reasons.

Iā€™d imagine if you looked at the 92 clubs in the EFL and Prem there would be a significant amount of Directors who werenā€™t fans of the clubs they bought shares in.
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, April 1, 2021, 8:29am; Reply: 144
This is all a classic example of why I don't do social media. This forum is the closest I get!! Anyone can say anything and it just rolls from there, sometimes with no substance at all. Look at this situation- we have had contrasting stories over the past 3 days- one saying it is all about to get finished and the other saying it has all fallen to pieces! Well one of the stories is a load of rubbish!

I shall wait for something official to be announced before getting stressed over what could be complete nonsense. I am more concerned with our starting 11 tomorrow!!
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 1, 2021, 8:35am; Reply: 145
Quoted from forza ivano

This is the same lad who said it was due to be completed within a week at the start of March. Heā€™s just as bad as all the other idiots who have falsely gotten fans hopes up for the sake of a few likes on Twitter. As predicted, JTā€™s tweet came back to bite him on the bottom, he responded saying heā€™s not ā€˜ITKā€™ last night, why flipping tweet that it was ā€˜nhyā€™ then??
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, April 1, 2021, 8:45am; Reply: 146
Iā€™m sure that in the event Tom Schutes backs out, that Stockwood and Petit would still find a way of working together with John Fenty.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 1, 2021, 8:49am; Reply: 147
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Iā€™m sure that in the event Tom Schutes backs out, that Stockwood and Petit would still find a way of working together with John Fenty.

Theyā€™d be pretty unique if they could achieve something thatā€™s not been done for nearly 2 decades.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 1, 2021, 8:54am; Reply: 148
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
This is all a classic example of why I don't do social media. This forum is the closest I get!! Anyone can say anything and it just rolls from there, sometimes with no substance at all. Look at this situation- we have had contrasting stories over the past 3 days- one saying it is all about to get finished and the other saying it has all fallen to pieces! Well one of the stories is a load of rubbish!

I shall wait for something official to be announced before getting stressed over what could be complete nonsense. I am more concerned with our starting 11 tomorrow!!

I challenged the poster of those stories last night and basically got told In public on that platform if I didnā€™t believe what he was saying to click ā€œunfollowā€ which I have done this morning.
Posted by: ska face, April 1, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 149
Quoted from pontoonlew

This is the same lad who said it was due to be completed within a week at the start of March. Heā€™s just as bad as all the other idiots who have falsely gotten fans hopes up for the sake of a few likes on Twitter. As predicted, JTā€™s tweet came back to bite him on the bottom, he responded saying heā€™s not ā€˜ITKā€™ last night, why flipping tweet that it was ā€˜nhyā€™ then??

Didnā€™t Tondeur say ā€œI understand the end is nighā€, rather than any statement of fact? He can say what he likes, there are plenty elsewhere that do so, with varying degrees of insight into what goes on at the club. Iā€™ve seen some clowns call him ā€œscumā€, a ā€œbullshĆ­tterā€ and plenty more, who do these people think they are?

Thereā€™s some that need to stop trying to police what others say and think. If some people want to listen to rumours and get their hopes up, theyā€™re free to do so. Christ knows people need something to look forward to at the minute. If others want to wait until anythingā€™s announced, go for it. Itā€™s possible for the two to exist at the same time.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 1, 2021, 9:54am; Reply: 150
Quoted from ska face

Didnā€™t Tondeur say ā€œI understand the end is nighā€, rather than any statement of fact? He can say what he likes, there are plenty elsewhere that do so, with varying degrees of insight into what goes on at the club. Iā€™ve seen some clowns call him ā€œscumā€, a ā€œbullshĆ­tterā€ and plenty more, who do these people think they are?

Thereā€™s some that need to stop trying to police what others say and think. If some people want to listen to rumours and get their hopes up, theyā€™re free to do so. Christ knows people need something to look forward to at the minute. If others want to wait until anythingā€™s announced, go for it. Itā€™s possible for the two to exist at the same time.

The treatment of JT on Twitter is nothing short of disgraceful. JT was clearly fed that information by somebody at the club off the record and shared it on his own Twitter account. I would imagine the same club official then informed him of the Shutes situation and being more serious in nature he left it for the BBC Radio Humberside Sport Twitter feed to break the information and just retweeted it himself.

The amount of idiots complaining about them sharing "rumour" is embarrassing.

They don't seem to realise that the likes of JT have to build up good relationships with key people at the club. Part of that is sharing rumours that have been leaked to them off the record. In return they keep the good relationship with the club and that helps them in regards access to manager/players.

The moaners should try listening to the garbage sports coverage other local BBC Radio stations serve up and then realise how fortunate fans of the clubs in the BBC Radio Humberside area are.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 1, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 151
Quoted from ska face

Aye they do need something to look forward to at the minute, but itā€™s 10x worse when that hope is ripped away because somebody fancied getting everybodyā€™s hopes up.
Posted by: ska face, April 1, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 152
Going off whatā€™s been said here & elsewhere, it looks like it was all systems go until a last minute hitch.

Which is slightly different to people just making something up for the sake of social media traffic, which is the accusation being levelled at JT and a few others.

Either way, Iā€™m supposed to be at work, so Fenty Out & a plague on his house.
Posted by: supertown, April 1, 2021, 10:06am; Reply: 153
I hate social media . This is the closest I get to any of those platforms
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 1, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 154
It is April Fools Day today, so take everything with an even bigger pinch of salt.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 1, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 155
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It is April Fools Day today, so take everything with an even bigger pinch of salt.

True I get that but apparently Hurst has now been offered the Germany job after last nights debacle, they've decided they need to keep us shape.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), April 1, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 156
Quoted from bawarmy
Early April fool?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 1, 2021, 11:16am; Reply: 157

True I get that but apparently Hurst has now been offered the Germany job after last nights debacle, they've decided they need to keep us shape.

The Germans are better at moving on compared with us Brits (or Town fans) but even they might balk / zurĆ¼ckschrecken at being managed by an English Hurst. Painful memories of 30.07.66.

It would be like Town appointing Kuntz.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), April 1, 2021, 11:19am; Reply: 158

The Germans are better at moving on compared with us Brits (or Town fans) but even they might balk / zurĆ¼ckschrecken at being managed by an English Hurst. Painful memories of 30.07.66.

We already have one Kunt.

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, April 1, 2021, 11:20am; Reply: 159

Surely we already have a team overloaded with Kuntz
Posted by: denni266, April 1, 2021, 11:22am; Reply: 160
We have had our fairshare of Kuntz thanks
Posted by: RichMariner, April 1, 2021, 11:25am; Reply: 161
Firstly, the consortium knew the perilous league situation we were in when it was publicly declared over Christmas that the takeover was finally happening.

Being the astute businessmen they are, I'm certain they considered the risk of relegation. If they had no intention of taking over if we were to end up in non-league next season then they wouldn't have begun proceedings.

They knew they might be taking over a club that could still get relegated. And it looks as though we are.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and the relegation alone shouldn't be affecting talks at this late hour.

If Shutes has dropped out, or something's happened to put the deal in some sort of doubt, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's a Fenty-led stunt. Don't forget, he's got form ā€” making a club statement at midnight and issuing unrealistic deadlines.

I think he's out of his depth negotiating with this consortium. I love RH but they do like to stir things up. It's their job to get to the truth but they operate on a level of rumour that the Telegraph don't, which is why RH tend to get a few things wrong here and there.

I think it's telling that Findlater hasn't heard anything ā€” remember it was the Telegraph who first reported the possible takeover nearly two years ago. They have a relationship with Shutes.
Posted by: topuphere666, April 1, 2021, 11:32am; Reply: 162
Surprised there hasnā€™t been a statement either way to be honest
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 1, 2021, 11:35am; Reply: 163
Hopefully just a bit of brinkmanship from one side. I can't believe JF isn't completely horrified at the thought of being left with the club and a fanbase who are desperate to be rid of him.
Posted by: pen penfras, April 1, 2021, 11:40am; Reply: 164
Quoted from RichMariner
Firstly, the consortium knew the perilous league situation we were in when it was publicly declared over Christmas that the takeover was finally happening.

Being the astute businessmen they are, I'm certain they considered the risk of relegation. If they had no intention of taking over if we were to end up in non-league next season then they wouldn't have begun proceedings.

They knew they might be taking over a club that could still get relegated. And it looks as though we are.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and the relegation alone shouldn't be affecting talks at this late hour.

If Shutes has dropped out, or something's happened to put the deal in some sort of doubt, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's a Fenty-led stunt. Don't forget, he's got form ā€” making a club statement at midnight and issuing unrealistic deadlines.

I think he's out of his depth negotiating with this consortium. I love RH but they do like to stir things up. It's their job to get to the truth but they operate on a level of rumour that the Telegraph don't, which is why RH tend to get a few things wrong here and there.

I think it's telling that Findlater hasn't heard anything ā€” remember it was the Telegraph who first reported the possible takeover nearly two years ago. They have a relationship with Shutes.

The relationship was that Shutes wanted to put something in the public to pressure Fenty into selling. Now the situation is somewhat reversed, nobody can contact him. Hardly a positive situation, but maybe he's just busy...

Just cross your fingers that it's a storm in a tea cup and the deal goes through. Nobody who has claimed to be in the know has got anything right so far.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 1, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 165

Surely that would be ā€œkeep uns shapeā€*

* as in ā€œGott mitt unsā€.
Posted by: DB, April 1, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 166
Many of us have suggested that the board of the NL is a complete shambles. It goes into insignificance when compared to this so-called takeover.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 1, 2021, 3:41pm; Reply: 167
https://twitter.com/grimsbytownlive/status/1377630266114650113?s=19
Posted by: Hagrid, April 1, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 168
oh RIP our club
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 1, 2021, 3:54pm; Reply: 169
2 questions need answering.

Why has he pulled out?
Are the other 2 going ahead together?
Posted by: Hagrid, April 1, 2021, 3:57pm; Reply: 170
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
2 questions need answering.

Why has he pulled out?
Are the other 2 going ahead together?

fenty statement 2.37 am tomorrow morning

Tom you tyre kicker
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, April 1, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from Hagrid

fenty statement 2.37 am tomorrow morning

Tom you tyre kicker

Maybe he is fed up with Fenty;s delaying tactics?

Posted by: male private Nale, April 1, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 172
Take what that rag says with a pinch of salt , they do dishonour to the word journalism.
Posted by: Garth, April 1, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 173
Looks like going to John for forgiveness or no club
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 1, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 174
Quoted from Garth

Sorry but why?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 1, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from Garth

No club it is then...I'd rather bang Susan Boyle than ask that parasite for forgiveness
Posted by: Hagrid, April 1, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 176
;D ;D ;D ;D

No club it is then...I'd rather bang Susan Boyle than ask that parasite for forgiveness

Posted by: ginnywings, April 1, 2021, 4:10pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from Garth

Really?

What is this assumption based on?
Posted by: davmariner, April 1, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 178
Quoted from davmariner

Further to my post early evening yesterday, I gather that Mr Shutes cited the due diligence on the deal as the reason for pulling out and not being comfortable to proceed. It is not a negotiating tactic, the deal is dead with regards to his involvement.

Stockwood and Pettit were happy and wanted to proceed.

I despise the man, but my source has said it wasnā€™t particularly Fenty that has caused this. It was all sorted until Shutes decided to pull out last minute is my understanding.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 1, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 179
If that's the case then what on earth has the due diligence exercise discovered  to scupper the deal?
Posted by: forza ivano, April 1, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 180
Quoted from davmariner

Further to my post early evening yesterday, I gather that Mr Shutes cited the due diligence on the deal as the reason for pulling out and not being comfortable to proceed. It is not a negotiating tactic, the deal is dead with regards to his involvement.

Stockwood and Pettit were happy and wanted to proceed.

I despise the man, but my source has said it wasnā€™t particularly Fenty that has caused this. It was all sorted until Shutes decided to pull out last minute is my understanding.

what's your sources info on the 200,000 shares that i've been told was/is the sticking point

btw unconfirmed rumour that pettit and Stockwood are still talking/discussing/negotiating - can your source confirm or deny?
Posted by: Mariner93er, April 1, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 181
Surely all due diligence would have been completed months ago, and not become an issue the day the takeover looked set to be confirmed. Very odd.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, April 1, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from Mariner93er
Surely all due diligence would have been completed months ago, and not become an issue the day the takeover looked set to be confirmed. Very odd.

Just what I was sat here thinking. Thought it had been reported that the deal had gone to the EFL for approval so surely all due diligence would have been confirmed. Keep thinking this season/year canā€™t get any worse but somehow GTFC and their antics continue to take me to new depths of despair.

If Fenty stays me and the lad will just go down to Lincoln United on a Saturday and at least I will be in the local an hour earlier every other Saturday.
Posted by: davmariner, April 1, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from forza ivano

what's your sources info on the 200,000 shares that i've been told was/is the sticking point

btw unconfirmed rumour that pettit and Stockwood are still talking/discussing/negotiating - can your source confirm or deny?

The 200,000 shares not an issue apparently. As I say it caught the other two completely by surprise that he was pulling out so difficult to see how itā€™s a negotiating tactic.

Certainly Shutes is a mercurial character and its fascinating that we know so little about him. It could well be the prospect of taking on the commitment of a football club heading for non league has put him off, but thatā€™s just me speculating.

On the further conversations, thereā€™s nothing really to tell. I gather that itā€™s more of a case of them being given the space to work out how to proceed. Certainly splitting the financial burden of a football club between two, rather than three changes things.

Iā€™d be surprised if things are announced tomorrow as suggested by The View From The Lower on Twitter.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, April 1, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 184
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

If Fenty stays me and the lad will just go down to Lincoln United on a Saturday and at least I will be in the local an hour earlier every other Saturday.

Get yourself down Sinny Bank/LNER mate, itā€™ll bring back memories of the Buckley days of yore, with no cricked neck due to hoofs to Hanson in sight.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 1, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 185
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Get yourself down Sinny Bank/LNER mate, itā€™ll bring back memories of the Buckley days of yore, with no cricked neck due to hoofs to Hanson in sight.

Right now is not the time...do yourself a favour and stay out of this one, nobody likes a clever d!CK!!
Posted by: DB, April 1, 2021, 6:23pm; Reply: 186
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Looks like your still breathing!
Posted by: DB, April 1, 2021, 6:25pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from davmariner

The 200,000 shares not an issue apparently. As I say it caught the other two completely by surprise that he was pulling out so difficult to see how itā€™s a negotiating tactic.

Certainly Shutes is a mercurial character and its fascinating that we know so little about him. It could well be the prospect of taking on the commitment of a football club heading for non league has put him off, but thatā€™s just me speculating.

On the further conversations, thereā€™s nothing really to tell. I gather that itā€™s more of a case of them being given the space to work out how to proceed. Certainly splitting the financial burden of a football club between two, rather than three changes things.

Iā€™d be surprised if things are announced tomorrow as suggested by The View From The Lower on Twitter.

Do you know if this would affect the EFL approval, given that there are only 2 now?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 1, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 188
There will come a time when even the most loyal fan will say weā€™ve had enough
My first match was in 1958 and Iā€™m getting closer to saying exactly that.
Hope it doesnā€™t come to it!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 1, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 189
Statement From The Club, Jason Stockwood & Andrew Pettit
Just now

Quoted Text
In light of the intense press, media and social media speculation all parties which to clarify the present position.

The Club can announce that Tom Shutes has withdrawn from the consortium who were proceeding to purchase the majority shareholding of John Fenty

Philip Day commented ā€œWe are very disappointed that at the last minute when all terms had long been agreed, all of the necessary documentation prepared and the consent of the EFL obtained that we received an email from Tom Shutes stating that for personal reasons he is having to step away from the consortiumā€™s proposal for the acquisition of the Club. However, we move on and are pleased to report that we are still in dialogue with Jason and Andrew to move the matter forwardā€.

Jason added ā€œLike Philip, we are terribly disappointed by Tomā€™s decision. We are hopeful however that a solution can be found and will continue our discussions with the Clubā€.

There will be no further statement from either party until there is something of substance to report to shareholders.

Keep the faith.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 1, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 190
Looks like Mr Shutes was indeed a tyre kicker, shithouse move from him
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 1, 2021, 7:00pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Statement From The Club, Jason Stockwood & Andrew Pettit
Just now

Keep the faith.

Jason added ā€œLike Philip, we are terribly disappointed by Tomā€™s decision. We are hopeful however that a solution can be found and will continue our discussions with the Clubā€.

That comment worries me as to how long will they look for a solution and does that mean they cannot move forward as just the two of them?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 1, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 192
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looks like Mr Shutes was indeed a tyre kicker, shithouse move from him

Depends on the personal reasons, doesnā€™t it? Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t have come so far through the process with the intention of walking away at the last moment.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 1, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 193
A message from JF from the OS

Dear Fans.

I was rather hoping to write to you today to share with you the completion of the sale of my shares in the club and pass on my many thanks to all that have assisted me in my capacity as principal funder of the football club and particularly our great fans for sticking with the club through thick and thin like true Mariners.

Instead, Iā€™m sorry to report that once again Mr Shutes has fallen short of honouring his part of an agreement and has withdrawn from the consortium.

Notwithstanding that and all of the disruption his divisive public approach in demanding a takeover of our great football club, I am working with club and the remaining consortium members positively to try to find a way forward.

I would please ask for patience at this important time and a truce from the abuse and misinformation, largely on social media, aimed towards me, including telephone death threats and the like which I believe are both unwarranted and undeserved. Someoneā€™s untruths become the next person's truths and further whip up the nasty frenzy. Legitimate criticism is always acceptable but vile abuse and the threats mentioned above are never acceptable.

Please rest assured that, whatever the outcome, the board of directors will as always act in the best interests of the club.

In the meantime, letā€™s be as positive and give Paul and the players our focused support for the remaining games of the season. They need our combined support more than ever.

Kind regards and best wishes

John

UTM
Posted by: davmariner, April 1, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from DB

Do you know if this would affect the EFL approval, given that there are only 2 now?

It shouldnā€™t do but that depends on if a third party emerges to replace Mr Shutes.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 1, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from davmariner

It shouldnā€™t do but that depends on if a third party emerges to replace Mr Shutes.

that a hint or a guess dev?  they have kept Mike Parker in the loop, and previously mentioned that  they'd be bringing new investors in

ps safe to say that Fenty and shutes aren't besties!
Posted by: MarshMariner, April 1, 2021, 7:30pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from davmariner

If the remaining members could still purchase the club, couldn't they appoint another "Director" at a later date?  If so that wouldn't need EFL approval? :-/
Posted by: DB, April 1, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 197
Quoted from MarshMariner

If the remaining members could still purchase the club, couldn't they appoint another "Director" at a later date?  If so that wouldn't need EFL approval? :-/

We all seem to be thinking about money for the purchase, but who was going to do what job in the new setup. The 3 of them must have decided who takes responsibility for what, and now the 3rd role has to be split between the remaining 2.

The other thing that has not been mentioned is a new stadium. I believe it was Shutes who want the docks site, so where does it leave the location of the new stadium? if there is now to be a new stadium.
Posted by: davmariner, April 1, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from forza ivano

that a hint or a guess dev?  they have kept Mike Parker in the loop, and previously mentioned that  they'd be bringing new investors in

ps safe to say that Fenty and shutes aren't besties!

No hints, whether things have to go through the EFL channel again depends on what is agreed and who it is agreed it with. But hypothetically, my understanding is that if Pettit and Stockwood were to proceed as a duo, there would be no need to go through the EFL process again.

My view is that it perhaps thereā€™s an element of truth to what Fenty says about Shutes. Doesnā€™t change the fact that he himself has been useless at running the club.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 1, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 199
Why is everything about this club so painful and protracted?

Nothing ever moves forward smoothly.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 1, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 200
Quoted from davmariner

No hints, whether things have to go through the EFL channel again depends on what is agreed and who it is agreed it with. But hypothetically, my understanding is that if Pettit and Stockwood were to proceed as a duo, there would be no need to go through the EFL process again.

My view is that it perhaps thereā€™s an element of truth to what Fenty says about Shutes. Doesnā€™t change the fact that he himself has been useless at running the club.

thanks for that, but i meant more along the lines of whether they are trying to bring in someone else, or others, to replace shutes?
Posted by: Yoda, April 1, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 201
new stadium the club could not exist in 12 months
Posted by: davmariner, April 1, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 202
Quoted from forza ivano

thanks for that, but i meant more along the lines of whether they are trying to bring in someone else, or others, to replace shutes?

Not that Iā€™m aware of, no. Iā€™m not fully aware of the intricacies of the deal but I donā€™t get the impression that Shutes was necessarily the money man.

He was bringing other things to the table as well as a financial commitment. I guess the question for the duo is if their plans are deliverable without his input and if the takeover is still feasible.
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:42am