ginnywings
March 10, 2021, 4:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,144
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm pretty sure there's a place on the Fitties that hire them out Ginny, or a least they did.

Fitties is closed down at the moment. The ones I saw were not hire stock.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
DB
March 10, 2021, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
The other problem is people on mobility scooters that can do up to 8mph. On the path, on the road and supermarket aisles. They are lethal weapons in the wrong hands.

It would help the cycling cause if cycle lanes were used when empty and available. I see many cyclists going down Station Rd in Waltham 2 or 3 abreast, sometimes in a 20/30 yard convoy when their is a perfectly unused cycle lane on the opposite side of grass verge. The track is split for walkers but most times I have been down their it is clear. Scartho Road is also the same with the cycle/walking track not used correctly by cyclists.

I do agree with you about cycle lanes with cars parked on them. It just seems pointless to paint a cycle track lane and then let people park on it. Then on the sea front I see walkers on the cycleway and vice versa; walkers on the route of the tractor train.

The whole situation is a mess and I can't see it getting resolved until a sever accident happens. People today are selfish and just care about themselves without a thought about what their actions do to others

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2021, 5:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I’m looking at buying one but it won’t be till I receive my railway pension at 60 (I’ll buy it out of my lump sum) I was expecting a price of £40,000 for a camper so wasn’t far wrong, I know a friend who lives in one, I was actually speaking to a couple in Cafe Nero (Louth) around 2 years ago who sold everything and bought a camper to live in (travelling through Europe) and occasionally staying at their daughters in Louth, they loved it and seemed happy.

I keep saying we should do that. But tour the UK first. Lots of places the missus hasn’t been. Lots by of places I haven’t been, but not so many. I’ve got the lump sum coming from my NHS days in under two years. I don’t intend to sell up and use the kids’ inheritance though 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2021, 5:29pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, agreed. Take where I live for example, which is off Clee Rd. There is a cycle path all along the edge of the road but cars just park in it. What's the fecking point?

We are woefully behind the more progressive European nations in this regard. I tend to stay off my bike now around here, because it's just too dangerous.

I’m pretty sure that those who plan bike paths round here (of which there are a lot to be fair) ever get on a bike. You might suddenly find yourself sharing it with pedestrians, or there’s a pelican crossing on a bend but you have to get off and cross the pavement to get to the button, or the path suddenly becomes a parking bay. Not surprisingly many cyclists stay on the road.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2021, 5:36pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

On my daily walks, I've noticed a growing use of electric scooters along the seafront and cycle paths. A lot of them are being ridden by young blokes who don't give a toss and they go flying along way too fast with many people around. I saw a massive one today that had huge fat tyres and a seat, it was more akin to a moped and he was tanking along the cycle path toward the fitties. Someone is going to get twatted by one sooner or later.

There are also a growing number of young kids on electric carts, which are hoverboards (segway?) with attached wheeled frames. They are everywhere and can go at a fair lick. It's getting really busy with powered vehicles of various types and I have started giving it a swerve on busy days. You need eyes in the back of your head.

Talking of hover boards, there’s a bloke (well there may be more than one but I’ve only seen one at a time) who has a surfboard version which he uses to go up and down the Thames. Sort of a catamaran style. It looks like it’s flying above the water. Seen him a few times and at first I couldn’t see the ‘pedestal’. Now that does look cool.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
DB
March 10, 2021, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Talking of hover boards, there’s a bloke (well there may be more than one but I’ve only seen one at a time) who has a surfboard version which he uses to go up and down the Thames. Sort of a catamaran style. It looks like it’s flying above the water. Seen him a few times and at first I couldn’t see the ‘pedestal’. Now that does look cool.

Jesus walked on water, that was cool.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2021, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

Jesus walked on water, that was cool.

Don’t tell Rick!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
ginnywings
March 11, 2021, 11:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,144
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from codcheeky

Can I ask where you fill up in the Grimsby area, I have a lpg car and used to fill up at the pyewipe roundabout  garage when I visited but they stopped selling it and couldn’t tell me the nearest place last time I was up there

We've only filled up once around here and that was at Barnetby Interchange on the way to the Humber Bridge. Think there is one in Railway Street.

Try this site we use to locate LPG stations.

https://lpgstations.com/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
DB
March 11, 2021, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

We've only filled up once around here and that was at Barnetby Interchange on the way to the Humber Bridge. Think there is one in Railway Street.

Try this site we use to locate LPG stations.

https://lpgstations.com/

I've definitely seen one on  Railway Street near the Suzuki garage

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Cycling

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.