4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
March 5, 2021, 12:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Dunno. I’ve still got the one with the wavy thin lines on the bottom half. I did get in shape in the summer so I could wear it without embarrassing the colours but I’ve put half of the fat back on since Sept.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 12:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I'm thinking that I may not suit stripey lycra in my present shape.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
promotion plaice
March 5, 2021, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

I can still keep up with younguns, even at my age  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 1:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Nice. Folding? How heavy is it if you need to fold it up and carry it? Ideal for camping holidays especially in a motorhome or caravan, for jaunts around without having to get the car out I would have thought.

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
promotion plaice
March 5, 2021, 1:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199
Nice. Folding? How heavy is it if you need to fold it up and carry it? Ideal for camping holidays especially in a motorhome or caravan, for jaunts around without having to get the car out I would have thought.

It's a Pro Rider E-Wayfarer, bought it new about 4 years ago for around £600, love it.

Heavy to carry but you can fold it up to get it into the back of a car.

Don't think you can buy this model new anymore but there are similar bikes available on the market.

15 mile an hour top speed (pedal assist) and a really good range on a fully charged battery.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 2:17pm
Snakebite drinker
My wife occasionally mentions she'd like an e-bike. Not a foldable one but she needs to be able to step through. Ribble do a nice one, just need a lottery win plus I'm not too sure I'd like the fact that she'd leave me well behind.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
ginnywings
March 5, 2021, 11:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
My wife occasionally mentions she'd like an e-bike. Not a foldable one but she needs to be able to step through. Ribble do a nice one, just need a lottery win plus I'm not too sure I'd like the fact that she'd leave me well behind.

If your wife works, she could take a look at the cycle to work scheme, which makes bikes more affordable.

I have an ATB, which I'm looking to add a motor to, to make my own e-bike. In fact, this thread has given me a reminder, as I had forgotten all about it. Good time to do it with time on my hands.

I've thought about getting an e-scooter for the campervan. Not really enough room for bikes unless we hang them on the back doors, but that takes us into a dearer bracket for ferries, which soon adds up as we go Island hopping in Scotland.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 9:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Cycle to work scheme has increased its limits to cater for E bikes, still a lot of money I know but if it’s going to get used a great investment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 6, 2021, 11:33am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

If your wife works, she could take a look at the cycle to work scheme, which makes bikes more affordable.

I have an ATB, which I'm looking to add a motor to, to make my own e-bike. In fact, this thread has given me a reminder, as I had forgotten all about it. Good time to do it with time on my hands.

I've thought about getting an e-scooter for the campervan. Not really enough room for bikes unless we hang them on the back doors, but that takes us into a dearer bracket for ferries, which soon adds up as we go Island hopping in Scotland.

The wife is work free at the minute and I've just been made redundant so the cycle to work scheme, although very good, is out.

Have you looked at Swytch for an e-bike conversion

https://www.swytchbike.com/

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
cmackenzie4
March 6, 2021, 11:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I’ve never really been a road cyclist but I have had some decent bikes over the years, I’m more into cycle touring bikes, I’m looking at one at the moment the “Tout terrain Silkroad” it’s a bit of a price but looks exactly what I’m after, I still have all my gear (regarding panniers etc) I’m going to go round the north cost of Scotland from John o’ Groats to Fort William over a 7-10 day period, I also like photography so it will give me plenty of time to take some great photos of the Sea/Mountains.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Cycling

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.