Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 27 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,721 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
February 23, 2021, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod
If Jesus was such a miracle worker why would the Romans want to kill him? Just for his wine making abilities alone he’d be an absolute legend, never mind the demand for helping crippled and blind soldiers! No it’s just fairy tales for the weak minded to believe, if there was such a man he was certainly a liar and a con artist, a lot like his mum I suppose it’s no wonder the Romans crucified him.
Because Jesus's  message appealed to the mass of Jewish peasants of which most were illiterate. His message of doing good and getting salvation in another life carried a lot of weight. Bear in mind as well that Romans heavily taxed the Jews and were unpopular in them times. Likewise Jewish people had been looking forward to the Jewish messiah which would save them and bring about freedom and a return to power led by a Jew and  not a Roman after being violently suppressed by the Roman authorities in various Jewish revolts. The bottom line is Jesus's message was so radical that it attracted a lot of converts  that the Romans were scared of loosing control of this small territory where Jesus lived in Palestine.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 364
DB
February 23, 2021, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.37
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Humbercod
If Jesus was such a miracle worker why would the Romans want to kill him? Just for his wine making abilities alone he’d be an absolute legend, never mind the demand for helping crippled and blind soldiers! No it’s just fairy tales for the weak minded to believe, if there was such a man he was certainly a liar and a con artist, a lot like his mum I suppose it’s no wonder the Romans crucified him.

You seem to have missed out the Jewish leaders of the day who feared Jesus. It was their influence that brought his death. The Roman leaders want a quite life with no trouble makers, hence the death of Jesus was the easy option for them

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 364
DB
February 23, 2021, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

People who believe in Jesus are weak minded?

What's your opinion on that.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 364
Sandford1981
February 23, 2021, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

I didn't say anything like that. The only pure Christian was Jesus Christ and all that try to copy his ways fall short somewhere in their lives. Being a Christian, trying to copy the teachings of Jesus Christ, is what being a Christian is about. No agenda.

I’m afraid you’ve said something very like that-

To use your words-

“I think you have to separate Jesus Christ from todays religions who tend to use his name for their own agenda.

“ Being a Christian, trying to copy the teachings of Jesus Christ, is what being a Christian is about. No agenda.”

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 364
Sandford1981
February 23, 2021, 7:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

What's your opinion on that.

Absolutely not. Just because someone believes in something I don’t doesn’t make them weak minded. It means they believe in something I don’t.

Private Message
Reply: 104 - 364
mariner91
February 23, 2021, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,785
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

I think that you are taking your first comment away from the text it answered.

You can go to the Holy Land and see the evidence for yourself, see posts from Rick. You can also read about St. Peter as I have said in previous posts. At the end of the day it is all about choice. You either believe, or want to believe, in the ways of Jesus Christ or you don't. What I am saying is that believing in Jesus Christ is not joining a religious cult but something personal for you.

You can go to the Holy Land and see that the places in the bible existed, that is it. There is no evidence that Jesus rose from the dead, turned water in to wine or walked on water. It is entirey subjective. Nobody can say definitively that he did and nobody can say definitively that he didn't. It's exasperating that you and Rick can't seem to grasp that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 364
Rick12
February 23, 2021, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

You can go to the Holy Land and see that the places in the bible existed, that is it. There is no evidence that Jesus rose from the dead, turned water in to wine or walked on water. It is entirey subjective. Nobody can say definitively that he did and nobody can say definitively that he didn't. It's exasperating that you and Rick can't seem to grasp that.
I agree with that though Mariner. Its a question of faith whether Jesus performed them miracles. For me I tend to lean on the side of Jesus being a spiritually more aware person than most and he refined what the patriarch of the Jewish faith  Abraham originally stood for. Jesus wanted to establish the kingdom of God in his society  and do away with many of the rituals surrounding Judaism. In more simpler terms try to good in mind and body and aim to put the divine at the forefront of your life.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 364
DB
February 23, 2021, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I’m afraid you’ve said something very like that-

To use your words-

“I think you have to separate Jesus Christ from todays religions who tend to use his name for their own agenda.

“ Being a Christian, trying to copy the teachings of Jesus Christ, is what being a Christian is about. No agenda.”

You said
Quoted from Sandford1981

So other religions have agendas but Christianity (your choice) is pure and without agenda?

Either you or I are confused here so I will try to clarify.

My choice is to be a non denomination Christian without any agenda.

I am strongly of the opinion that other so called Christian church's ie C of E etc do have agendas of their own and are not pure.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 364
Sandford1981
February 23, 2021, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Either you or I are confused here so I will try to clarify.

My choice is to be a non denomination Christian without any agenda.

I am strongly of the opinion that other so called Christian church's ie C of E etc do have agendas of their own and are not pure.

You said you didn’t say anything like that.
I used your own words to show you that you had.
You then asked what my opinion was regarding weak mindedness and believing in Jesus.
I answered.
You’ve now clarified and confirmed what I said you’d said originally.
I’d say you definitely are confused
I probably am now.
Glad we’ve cleared that up😂

Private Message
Reply: 108 - 364
DB
February 23, 2021, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

You said you didn’t say anything like that.
I used your own words to show you that you had.
You then asked what my opinion was regarding weak mindedness and believing in Jesus.
I answered.
You’ve now clarified and confirmed what I said you’d said originally.
I’d say you definitely are confused
I probably am now.
Glad we’ve cleared that up😂

So am I.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 364
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.