Taking the knee

This thread currently has 5,545 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
kenlyn
February 20, 2021, 4:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +55
I agreed in principle with this at the start but it is time to move on as it has lost the impact of the action. I get annoyed with match of the day constantly showing it and saying the same thing everytime. Time now is to sort social media out as they just ignore the issue.

The clap for the NHS only lasted 8 weeks before been stopped, not been racist but I know which one I would sooner still support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
Stadium
February 20, 2021, 5:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from kenlyn
I agreed in principle with this at the start but it is time to move on as it has lost the impact of the action. I get annoyed with match of the day constantly showing it and saying the same thing everytime. Time now is to sort social media out as they just ignore the issue.

The clap for the NHS only lasted 8 weeks before been stopped, not been racist but I know which one I would sooner still support.

What a bizarre comparison.??
Fortunately it's the players decision who decide when to stop.
"sort social media out" is just a ridiculous statement,please expand???

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
cardiffmariner
February 20, 2021, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from dicko995
I still wear my golliwog badges on my fishing hat, what was good then is good enough now, they cant change history.

There so much to say about this but what's the point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
ginnywings
February 20, 2021, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Lost it's impact now and feels obligatory, rather than spontaneous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
TAGG
February 20, 2021, 7:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
This lads got it spot on about the about the Marxist BLM

Yes to Kick racism out.

No to the racists BLM

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/foo.....o-longer-take-the-k/

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
TAGG
February 20, 2021, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
Read or watch Thomas Sowell, then form an opinion on this complex issue..

Love the bloke.
Such a great mind.
Should be taught in every school.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
TAGG
February 20, 2021, 7:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
This lads got it spot on about the about the Marxist BLM

Yes to Kick racism out.

No to the racists BLM

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/foo.....o-longer-take-the-k/

From one of the greatest
https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/19105124.john-barnes-agrees-zaha-not-take-knee/

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
TAGG
February 20, 2021, 7:32pm

Vodka Drinker

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
HertsGTFC
February 20, 2021, 7:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Tokenism at best now. I just wonder when the narrative will move on to the Rooney rule.

If you get a chance check out Matthew Syed’s book Rebel Ideas especially the chapter about the CIA. I read it and saw cultural diversity in a new much more positive light.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
ska face
February 20, 2021, 8:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
I see those evil Marxists at BLM have distributed the first £175k of the funds raised last summer:

- Abahlali base Mjondolo (£14,650) – a Black South African shack dwellers’ movement campaigning against evictions and for public housing

- All Black Lives (£5,000) – a Black activist group that helped coordinate last summer’s protests

- Acts of Love International (£5,000) – an African-Caribbean community centre offering support and activities for Black and migrant communities

- African Rainbow Family (£10,500) – a charity supporting LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers

- AZ Mag (£7,500) – an arts and culture initiative for LGBTQ+ people of colour

- B’Me Cancer Communities (£15,000) – a charity that protects the health of BME and low income communities

- Justice for Black Lives (£3,200) – a Black activist group that helped coordinate last summer’s protests

- Independent Workers of Great Britain (£15,000) – the UK’s leading trade union for precarious workers

- Northern Police Monitoring Project (£11,000) – a grassroots group working to build community resistance against police violence, harassment and racism

- Sistah Space (£10,000) – a community-based non-profit that supports Black women and girls who have survived domestic abuse – a community-based non-profit that supports Black women and girls who have survived domestic abuse

- Sindicato de Manteros de Madrid (Street Vendors Union) (£7,500) – a Spanish labour union for precarious street vendors, who are primarily from Black and migrant communities

- A Tribe Named Athari (£5,000) – a Pan-Afrikan, anti-colonial, youth-led organisation, centred around transformative justice and community healing

- United Voices of the World (£15,000) – A grassroots trade union for low paid, migrant and precarious workers

- United Family and Friends Campaign (£45,000) – a coalition of those affected by deaths in police, prison and psychiatric custody, which supports others affected by state violence

Still, all just virtue signalling eh. The difference these charities and organisations can make to people’s lives is immeasurable, unbelievable what can happen with a bit of publicity. Shame so many on here couldn’t bear the sight of someone kneeling down.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.