Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 38 Guests

Taking the knee

This thread currently has 5,547 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
February 20, 2021, 9:57am
Guest User
It appears that this 'taking the knee' statement by some players is beginning to crack.  Crystal Palace player Wilfried Zaha came out the other day and said he would no longer take the knee, this was closely followed by the whole Brentford squad stating that they would no longer take the knee and the Bournemouth squad joined them in making the same statement yesterday.   Bournemouth captain Steve Cook confirms players will stop taking a knee before matches, starting against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday; "As footballers we want to continue affecting change in a positive way, but we also need support and want to see action rather than words or gestures."  Wilfried Zaha has reiterated his belief that taking a knee is "degrading" and has demanded players "stand tall" in the fight against racism.  I have also noticed in some other matches, that we didn't take the knee, will be interesting to see what people think of this.
supertown
February 20, 2021, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,467
Gold Stars: 53
It’s utter Shite. If the fans were in the grounds it would have ended a lot quicker .
In my opinion , If anything it’s having the opposite effect to what it was started for .

And no , I’m not a racist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Grimsbynewhope
February 20, 2021, 10:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Don’t know what everyone else thinks but I’m sick to death of this subject, some people agree some people don’t, just move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Humbercod
February 20, 2021, 10:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Stand up to racism, don’t take the knee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 20, 2021, 11:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,766
Gold Stars: 81
I tend to agree and just get irritated that Sky Sports feel the need (not a pun) to show clips of this before every highlights clip. Think what the players are saying is what’s the point when social media fail to take action, and are not subject to legislation, against racist abuse and the football authorities just provide the normal lip service of this must stop and do sod all else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Azimuth
February 20, 2021, 12:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
I agree with Zaha, it is nof only demeaning but also devisive and in my humble opinion has created rather than prevented racial tension.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
Bigdog
February 20, 2021, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Read or watch Thomas Sowell, then form an opinion on this complex issue..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2021, 1:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Now then lads. As you don’t have to worry about the trained Marxists of BLM taking over the game, what are you going to worry about?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
ska face
February 20, 2021, 1:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
It lost any meaning the second it was co-opted, neutered and then ordered from above rather than something organic. Still, sure this thread’ll attract a diverse range of opinions and will be completely different to every other thread on here discussing the issue 🙃
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
dicko995
February 20, 2021, 2:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
I still wear my golliwog badges on my fishing hat, what was good then is good enough now, they cant change history.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Taking the knee

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.