Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,648 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2021, 4:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
The new Andrew Neil news station, GB News will soon be launched to provide a much-needed antidote to the sopping wet BBC and Sky News broadcast services.

I read today that the usual woke suspects are calling for advertisers to boycott the channel before it has even launched as they don't like the anticipated output.

Is this the new political divide - woke versus the silent majority?

What has it come to when people cannot or will not listen to alternative views?
Private Message
ska face
February 7, 2021, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Do you have nightmares about “the woke”? Do you wake up in a cold sweat screaming “wwwwoooooookkkkeeess! Mavis, the wokes are coming!!!”  

Absolute fúcking lunatic.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 118
mariner91
February 7, 2021, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
The new Andrew Neil news station, GB News will soon be launched to provide a much-needed antidote to the sopping wet BBC and Sky News broadcast services.

I read today that the usual woke suspects are calling for advertisers to boycott the channel before it has even launched as they don't like the anticipated output.

Is this the new political divide - woke versus the silent majority?

What has it come to when people cannot or will not accept alternative views?

Whereas you are well known on the forum for being flexible with your views when presented with a balanced argument against the views you currently hold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 118
LH
February 7, 2021, 5:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
The silent majority? You don’t shut up about it so how is it silent? Not sure the majority part is true either.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 118
Manchester Mariner
February 7, 2021, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he ever mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 5:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he never mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

I have no idea and no desire to find out. Don't know what a snowflake is either.

Buzzwords.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no idea and no desire to find out. Don't know what a snowflake is either.

Buzzwords.

Neither have I

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
GB news Would this be a controversy

This is perfectly true, the names have been changed, as if, to BD. Many decades ago I lived in a different town. A new neighbour moved in and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.

I said I'm sorry but how do I pronounce that, so he repeated his name. I look mystified as I couldn't get pronunciation right. He said don't worry most people can't. So what do I call you I asked.

Sambo, that's what they call me at work.

So am I racial prejudice, woke snowflake or what.

It was different world then and nobody that I knew was offended by nicknames. You could even call Guy Gibson's dog a certain unpopular name in todays world, that nobody took offence to. I digress.

So theirs a start for GB news.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 6:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
What has it come to when people cannot or will not listen to alternative views?

You want find the answer on this forum Lew, It's like an Islington tea party at times 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 6:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he never mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

Did he find Gammon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2021, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB
GB news Would this be a controversy

This is perfectly true, the names have been changed, as if, to BD. Many decades ago I lived in a different town. A new neighbour moved in and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.

I said I'm sorry but how do I pronounce that, so he repeated his name. I look mystified as I couldn't get pronunciation right. He said don't worry most people can't. So what do I call you I asked.

Sambo, that's what they call me at work.

So am I racial prejudice, woke snowflake or what.

It was different world then and nobody that I knew was offended by nicknames. You could even call Guy Gibson's dog a certain unpopular name in todays world, that nobody took offence to. I digress.

So theirs a start for GB news.

I am not sure you realise what GB news is.

It is fronted by one of the UK's foremost broadcasters, Andrew Neil, with a strong supporting cast and it is designed to provide a more balanced view of the news than presently being offered by the BBC or Sky.

It is not anything to do with the caricatures you paint. It is there to bring more of a balance to the metropolitan liberal view of the world, or wokeness in common slang.  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker

It is fronted by one of the UK's foremost broadcasters, Andrew Neil, with a strong supporting cast and it is designed to provide a more balanced view of the news than presently being offered by the BBC or Sky.

It is not anything to do with the caricatures you paint. It is there to bring more of a balance to the metropolitan liberal view of the world, or wokeness in common slang.  

Lew I haven't the foggiest what GB news is. Last time I watched Sky News I was on holiday years ago, and as far as the BBC is concerned it's biased. As for woke and snowflake, well there's some white stuff outside the window.

I've tried hard to find an unbiased newspaper that reports news, not opinions, not political story's just news so I can make my own mind up. I'm fed up of headlines involving could, would, should, might, may and if's. One of the best newspapers was the old GT, in several editions, years ago. Todays GT (or Grimsby Live to be modern) is worse than the old Grimsby Gazette for news. It's merely a paper for the Reach group to sell advertising through.

The problem with being old is that you've experienced the best and you now have to put up modern day dressed up crap
Just fell off my soapbox.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 118
Abdul19
February 7, 2021, 8:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Buzzwords.

That's the problem with you social justice warriors.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 8:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
"Designed to provide a more balanced view of the world" Yeah right.

All views have a slant one way or another, depending on your viewpoint.

It's become fashionable to label the BBC as biased, because Tories and their supporters tell us so.

I can't stand Andrew Neil personally, so I won't get to find out how 'balanced' it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

That's the problem with you social justice warriors.

I have the same problem with these words (woke & snowflake) so does that make somebody who is neither red or blue a social justice warrior.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 118
Maringer
February 7, 2021, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Andrew Neil, Editor of the Sunday Times for a decade, frequent contributor to the Daily Mail, also worked for the Barclay Brothers. About as right-wing a journalist as you're likely to find. The fact that he was one of the prominent political journalists at the BBC for decades would tend to indicate that they aren't particularly dominated by left-wing views. As would the case that various former editors/assistant editors of The Times, Telegraph and so forth have also held major news roles at the corporation over the past decade or more.

Neil is an honest Tory, however. He'll come at things from a right-wing viewpoint which is understandable given his own beliefs but has always been happy to give Tory politicians a hard time as well as the left.

Not quite sure what to make of this GB News stuff. The idea that BBC news with the likes of Kuenssberg and Robinson as some the most prominent political commentators on the airwaves is somehow biased towards the left is pretty laughable. The reportage of Sky News has always appeared more balanced to me, despite the links to the Dirty Digger. A US company backed by Hedgies setting up a new UK news channel seems an odd choice to me at the current time. I'd imagine they have calculated there may be some money in it, somehow. Fox has certainly done extremely well financially over in the US.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 9:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
"Designed to provide a more balanced view of the world" Yeah right.

All views have a slant one way or another, depending on your viewpoint.

It's become fashionable to label the BBC as biased, because Tories and their supporters tell us so.

Don’t forget the BBC love to remind us that the left also like to label them bias to confirm how balanced they really are🤔
This is just to mask their real Cultural Marxist agenda In which they routinely abuse its power to promote this progressive multicultural politically correct globalist view.

Which is a scary thought when you consider their global reach they’ve recently reported has increased by 11%
to 468.2m people a week!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Don’t forget the BBC love to remind us that the left also like to label them bias to confirm how balanced they really are🤔
This is just to mask their real Cultural Marxist agenda In which they routinely abuse its power to promote this progressive multicultural politically correct globalist view.

Which is a scary thought when you consider their global reach they’ve recently reported has increased by 11%
to 468.2m people a week!

Perhaps some of those 468.2m people should help to pay towards our tv licence. Seems they're watching/listening for free.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 10:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

to 468.2m people a week!

You don't half spout some bollox.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 118
MarinerWY
February 7, 2021, 10:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Humbercod

Are you a parody?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 118
mariner91
February 7, 2021, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The number of people who regularly use the word ‘Marxist’ and have no idea what it means is hilarious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 118
moosey_club
February 7, 2021, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he ever mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

Its the big hairy creature in Star Wars.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 10:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Black robbing, drug dealing, criminal killed by police in a country 5000miles away, wall to wall for weeks on end including live streaming of services by the..... BBC!
3 white guys stabbed to death in a park, and a little girl gets decapitated whilst out walking with her mum....... crickets by the BBC

BLM protest wall to wall for weeks on end on the .....BBC
Yellow vest anti EU movement for over a year of protests ....crickets by the BBC.

Anti globalist, free speech advocate, yellow man bad! every day for 4 years .... BBC
Establishment elite corrupt pro globalist the new messiah...... BBC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 118
grimsby pete
February 7, 2021, 11:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,830
Gold Stars: 222
I don't know how we coped when I was young.

No 24 hour news just a 10minute news at six and a bit longer news programme at 10 pm which always ended with tonight's football results.

Do we really need to be bombarded with news items 24/7 ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 11:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
No your right Pete, but it would be nice for our news channel to tell us about the industrial scale Muslim grooming gangs that had been know for about for years, or how many illegals are invading the country on a daily basis rather than having to find out on social media. I will be called gammon no doubt but these are just some story’s the people are genuinely concerned about, but the BBC would rather cover up as it goes against their agenda.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 118
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 8, 2021, 12:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Humbercod
No your right Pete, but it would be nice for our news channel to tell us about the industrial scale Muslim grooming gangs that had been know for about for years...

Taking Rochdale as an example, white Britons are quite capable of operating industrial scale child sexual abuse rings too, so there is no need for you to feel left out.

Thatcher even managed to knight some of them.

The media, police, CPS and wider public tend to be apathetic about cases like these because the victims are poor, young, vulnerable and northern, rather than the colour of the victims’ skin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 118
February 8, 2021, 1:39am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
...or how many illegals are invading the country on a daily basis rather than having to find out on social media. I will be called gammon no doubt but these are just some story’s the people are genuinely concerned about, but the BBC would rather cover up as it goes against their agenda.

I would never insult you by calling you a ‘gammon’ because gammon can be cured, but I do get an inkling that your views are at least slightly right of centre.

That’s fine. As long as you are not hurting anyone, you are entitled to your views.

However, given that:

1. This current Conservative party is the most right-wing government the nation has had for at least 30 years

2. The PM was elected on the back of Brexit on a promise to get it done

3. A large percentage of Leavers voted for Brexit due to concerns about immigration, sovereignty and control of our borders

If the BBC and other ‘left-wing fanatical MSM organisations’ are so biased against the right, why are they not stood on the shores of the home counties reporting on these waves of illegal infidels ‘invading the country on a daily basis’?

Surely it would be in the interests of the leftist media to use this to attack the Govt and the right?

The right got their way. The right won. Pedal to the metal conservatism. Free trade. Control of our borders. Sovereignty reclaimed.  

Yet migrants are still coming. We still cannot close our borders to keep out new Covid strains. We now have a new border down the Irish Sea, separating free trade between NI and the rest of the UK and facilitating the break up of the Union.

You would think the BBC, Sky News etc would be hammering Johnson and the Cabinet for their failures on this, rather than on some of the worst Covid death rates and economic statistics in the world.

Do you not think this suggests that most of the UK MSM is actually fairly central and unbiased and the extremist opinions and views are those perpetuated by the unregulated ‘social media channels’ that you appear to know and love?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 118
February 8, 2021, 3:33am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Black robbing, drug dealing, criminal killed by police in a country 5000miles away, wall to wall for weeks on end including live streaming of services by the..... BBC!
3 white guys stabbed to death in a park, and a little girl gets decapitated whilst out walking with her mum....... crickets by the BBC

Not to cause offence but given your political position I don’t imagine your views on LBGT+ related issues are particularly progressive.

I would imagine one of your many complaints about the BBC is the level of diversity and pro LGBT+ stance. Something about you suggests that you probably don’t snuggle up in an evening to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race. It’s ok, I don’t watch it either but I have no problem with it being broadcast on the BBC. I can simply change the channel rather than frothing at the mouth like a rabid Rottweiler.

So that leaves us with this pro LBGT+, liberal, leftie BBC channel. Using their perceived bias, do you not think the ‘woke, biased BBC’ would have seized on the fact that the three victims of the Reading attack were all gay and the attack followed a BLM protest in the same park

Surely it would fit the biased BBC narrative to really play on the sexual orientation of the victims and that they were targeted due to that and their affiliation with the ‘super Marxist megamovement’ of BLM?

I happened to be watching BBC News 24 and the Sky News coverage that day. As ‘Grimsby Pete’ alludes to in his post above, 24 hour rolling news coverage tends to sensationalise events such as this. I can well remember the 5-6 hours of rolling footage of out of focus helicopter shots. The banal reports from members of the public who had once visited the park in 1988 but hadn’t actually seen the murders on the day.

There was plenty of news coverage of the Reading attack, both on the day and for several days afterwards. None of the MSM or BBC hid that it appeared to be an extremist attack by a Libyan asylum seeker.

When the attacker was sentenced in November there was full coverage on the BBC.

I don’t know what more you wanted the BBC to do?

Maybe you expected them to track down poor Lee Rigby’s family and vox pop them on their doorstep. Maybe it would have satisfied you if Huw Edwards had three tears tattooed to his sculptured cheek and rounded up every Imaam in the country to be flogged publicly on the 10 O’Clock News.

It’s not a competition.

The Reading attack happened, the BBC reported on it for several days and then they stepped back because there wasn’t anything else to say and they would not have wanted to prejudice the case. Unlike your mate Yaxley-Lennon who does everything he can to keep Muslim criminals out of jail.

The US (and UK) race protests were reported on for weeks and months because they lasted for weeks and months.

And finally, back to Reading, if you can. Earlier this week a white man was found guilty of the attempted murder of a 57 y.o. woman in Reading by savagely and repeatedly stabbing her in the neck.

I don’t remember Clive Myrie reporting on that. Typical BBC bias, hey?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 6:38am
Cocktail Drinker

Taking Rochdale as an example, white Britons are quite capable of operating industrial scale child sexual abuse rings too, so there is no need for you to feel left out.

Thatcher even managed to knight some of them.

The media, police, CPS and wider public tend to be apathetic about cases like these because the victims are poor, young, vulnerable and northern, rather than the colour of the victims’ skin.

No one mentioned skin colour but now you have,  the Rochdale investigation revealed political correctness was at the heart of the reason police didn’t take action for all those years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 6:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Edited this for you...

It is fronted by one of the UK's foremost most extreme right wing broadcasters, Andrew Neil (who has been forced to leave the BBC after years of struggle feigning impartiality), with a strong supporting cast of people who can't get work at the major news networks and it is designed to provide a more balanced right wing view of the news than presently being offered by the BBC or Sky.

It is not anything everything to do with the caricatures you paint. It is there to bring more of a balance to the metropolitan liberal a distorted right wing/nationalistic view of the world, or wokeness lack of kindness/decency/impartiality/mutual respect in common slang English.  

Can I just say one thing (well a few things)...

News isn't nationalistic. News doesn't take sides. News doesn't have an agenda.

News is fact. When you distort facts you misinform.

Using news for any other purpose than to inform is nothing short of propaganda.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 6:49am
Cocktail Drinker

I would never insult you by calling you a ‘gammon’ because gammon can be cured, but I do get an inkling that your views are at least slightly right of centre.

That’s fine. As long as you are not hurting anyone, you are entitled to your views.

However, given that:

1. This current Conservative party is the most right-wing government the nation has had for at least 30 years

2. The PM was elected on the back of Brexit on a promise to get it done

3. A large percentage of Leavers voted for Brexit due to concerns about immigration, sovereignty and control of our borders

If the BBC and other ‘left-wing fanatical MSM organisations’ are so biased against the right, why are they not stood on the shores of the home counties reporting on these waves of illegal infidels ‘invading the country on a daily basis’?

Surely it would be in the interests of the leftist media to use this to attack the Govt and the right?

The right got their way. The right won. Pedal to the metal conservatism. Free trade. Control of our borders. Sovereignty reclaimed.  

Yet migrants are still coming. We still cannot close our borders to keep out new Covid strains. We now have a new border down the Irish Sea, separating free trade between NI and the rest of the UK and facilitating the break up of the Union.

You would think the BBC, Sky News etc would be hammering Johnson and the Cabinet for their failures on this, rather than on some of the worst Covid death rates and economic statistics in the world.

Do you not think this suggests that most of the UK MSM is actually fairly central and unbiased and the extremist opinions and views are those perpetuated by the unregulated ‘social media channels’ that you appear to know and love?

Although I could argue a very mild ‘Right’ this is good representation of the nation then seeing as the majority of the population hold right wing views.

As for the rest which part of cultural Marxism are you not understanding? The BBC are massively pro-immigration! It would be a bit hypocritical even for the BBC to stand on the shores of Kent reporting on the disgrace of our border control on a daily basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 7:21am
Cocktail Drinker

Not to cause offence but given your political position I don’t imagine your views on LBGT+ related issues are particularly progressive.

I would imagine one of your many complaints about the BBC is the level of diversity and pro LGBT+ stance. Something about you suggests that you probably don’t snuggle up in an evening to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race. It’s ok, I don’t watch it either but I have no problem with it being broadcast on the BBC. I can simply change the channel rather than frothing at the mouth like a rabid Rottweiler.

So that leaves us with this pro LBGT+, liberal, leftie BBC channel. Using their perceived bias, do you not think the ‘woke, biased BBC’ would have seized on the fact that the three victims of the Reading attack were all gay and the attack followed a BLM protest in the same park

Surely it would fit the biased BBC narrative to really play on the sexual orientation of the victims and that they were targeted due to that and their affiliation with the ‘super Marxist megamovement’ of BLM?

I happened to be watching BBC News 24 and the Sky News coverage that day. As ‘Grimsby Pete’ alludes to in his post above, 24 hour rolling news coverage tends to sensationalise events such as this. I can well remember the 5-6 hours of rolling footage of out of focus helicopter shots. The banal reports from members of the public who had once visited the park in 1988 but hadn’t actually seen the murders on the day.

There was plenty of news coverage of the Reading attack, both on the day and for several days afterwards. None of the MSM or BBC hid that it appeared to be an extremist attack by a Libyan asylum seeker.

When the attacker was sentenced in November there was full coverage on the BBC.

I don’t know what more you wanted the BBC to do?

Maybe you expected them to track down poor Lee Rigby’s family and vox pop them on their doorstep. Maybe it would have satisfied you if Huw Edwards had three tears tattooed to his sculptured cheek and rounded up every Imaam in the country to be flogged publicly on the 10 O’Clock News.

It’s not a competition.

The Reading attack happened, the BBC reported on it for several days and then they stepped back because there wasn’t anything else to say and they would not have wanted to prejudice the case. Unlike your mate Yaxley-Lennon who does everything he can to keep Muslim criminals out of jail.

The US (and UK) race protests were reported on for weeks and months because they lasted for weeks and months.

And finally, back to Reading, if you can. Earlier this week a white man was found guilty of the attempted murder of a 57 y.o. woman in Reading by savagely and repeatedly stabbing her in the neck.

I don’t remember Clive Myrie reporting on that. Typical BBC bias, hey?!

LGBQT or whatever it’s called these days I’ve got no problems with each to their own I say.

Disagree with the reporting on Reading....7 days? I also happened to watch the BBC at the time as I often do to see them squirm around the known facts, it was reported on initially without any mention of the attacker, It took less then a minute to find out on Twitter or RT news to find out he was an extremist shouting ‘Allah Akbar’ as he stabbed away, the story was soon then buried by the BBC as attacker being a minority refugee trumps 3 white gay men, like I say they have an agenda to keep up.

They also pretty much buried the full story regarding the little Bolton girl, but we’re quick to show off Bolton town hall all lit up like a Xmas tree in remembrance to good old George!
If any of these attacks  had been by a right wing nut job attacking an ethnic minority, then the BBC would be still be covering it now.

Yes political motivated race protests lasted months, gets reported daily, yellow vest movement lasted over a year absolutely nothing.?

Back to Reading was the victim white?? .... non story then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 118
mariner91
February 8, 2021, 8:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Although I could argue a very mild ‘Right’ this is good representation of the nation then seeing as the majority of the population hold right wing views.

As for the rest which part of cultural Marxism are you not understanding? The BBC are massively pro-immigration! It would be a bit hypocritical even for the BBC to stand on the shores of Kent reporting on the disgrace of our border control on a daily basis.

Nothing like the majority of the country hold right wing views. More votes were cast in the last election for parties with centre/left or left wing policies but because of our stupid system we ended up with a huge majority for the Tories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 118
Rick12
February 8, 2021, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Lew is right wing and despite what one or two  think I like him and there is some truth in what he says .Likewise theres other good users on the left on here notably Barralad and KnutAndersfostersvole. My outlook on things is more the middle ground.

For myself I like a global perspective. I often get fed up with just looking at the BBC . I tend to watch Al Jeezera a fair bit on free to air television. Gives you a overall look at what's happening in the world even if it has a  left bias and has some good documentary's. Likewise their stance is they cover events long after they have gone out of mainstream news.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 118
aldi_01
February 8, 2021, 8:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean if people actually think this will be a representation of unbiased news they’re deluded.

There’s many a reason why news is bias and a channel/programme fronted by openly conservative, albeit honest, Andrew Neil won’t be anymore or less bias. Naturally there’s a cash cow he’s spotted here and will benefit from that.

The fact the right are terrified, or the right on this forum seem terrified by folk on the opposite side is worrying.

I don’t worry that folk have a different view to me, even the bigots and racists don’t worry me, I just pity them.

What does worry me is the fixed mindset and inability to change or adapt that many seem to have.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 9:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Incorrect.

2019 General Election

CON 43.6%
BRX 2.0%
DUP 0.8%
UUP 0.3%
UKIP 0.1%
Right Wing 46.8%

LAB 32.1%
LDM 11.5%
SNP 3.9%
GRN 2.8% (includes Scottish Greens)
PLC 0.5%
ALL 0.4%
SDLP 0.4%
Left to Centre Parties 51.6%

So about 52% v 47% to non-right wing parties.

Which is strange because I thought 52% was the required amount of votes for us to get what we want forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Edited this for you...

Can I just say one thing (well a few things)...

News isn't nationalistic. News doesn't take sides. News doesn't have an agenda.

News is fact. When you distort facts you misinform.

Using news for any other purpose than to inform is nothing short of propaganda.

I am awfully sorry, but I don't want my posts edited.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 10:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Nothing like the majority of the country hold right wing views. More votes were cast in the last election for parties with centre/left or left wing policies but because of our stupid system we ended up with a huge majority for the Tories.

This.

I live in a safe Tory seat. In reality there is no point in me voting because all I do is reduce the Tory MPs majority by 1.

My brother lives in a safe Labour seat. Conversely there are Tory voters there (not my brother) who vote just to reduce the Labour MP’s majority by 1.

There are approximately 150 seats each that have returned just Tory and just Labour MPs for generations.

300 seats that are dead certs isn’t good for democracy in my opinion.

I would think a 50-50 split of constituency MPs and PR MPs would be a good solution.

43.6% shouldn’t give any party 56.2% of seats or an 80 seat majority.

Such a system in 2019 would have given the Tories around 183 constituency MPs and 142 PR MPs which would have been exactly half of all MPs (325).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 10:06am

Whiskey Drinker

I am awfully sorry, but I don't want my posts edited.

Well done, that’s the response I was hoping for...

But you’re quite happy for news to be edited to push a right wing/nationalistic agenda.

Tough. You can’t have it both ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Well done, that’s the response I was hoping for...

But you’re quite happy for news to be edited to push a right-wing/nationalistic agenda.

Tough. You can’t have it both ways.

I think you have got things a tad out of proportion. As a matter of courtesy, you should not go around "editing" peoples posts for them just because you don't like it.

In any event I was commenting on national media reports that a new channel, whose main presenter said it was to give a balance to the overly woke output of the other news channels, had been targetted by those on the left who wanted to attack it before it had even begun broadcasting.

Are we not allowed to comment on national media reports in your world?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 118
ska face
February 8, 2021, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
I’m starting to have real concerns about some of the people on here seemingly obsessed with grooming gangs and their activities.

The issue has been discussed on here, at length, before so we know a few things. These people aren’t racists and it’s not an issue of religion. They aren’t concerned with prevention, or the causes, as they keep voting to cut budgets to police, social services and local support. It’s not about supporting the victims. I just wonder then, what is the absolute fascination with the issue of grooming and paedophilia?

I suppose you can trust Andrew Neil - who’s name appeared in Jeffrey Epstein’s notorious little black book - to cover the issue. Enjoy your seedy new channel gents, each to their own.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 118
February 8, 2021, 10:46am
Guest User
I’m all for GB news. It’s about time we had an antidote to all the left wing media like the Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Times, The Sun, The Express, The Sunday Times, Sunday Express, Mail on Sunday...
Reply: 41 - 118
Manchester Mariner
February 8, 2021, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the big hairy creature in Star Wars.

😄 top of the class!

There he is, hopefully all the lads at GB News will be exposing him and his woke Rebel Alliance sort, all the lefty, social justice warrioring, pinko commie, GB hating Marxists. I bet he takes the knee AND raises his fist.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 8, 2021, 12:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
These are pointless arguments. Very few media outlets are dedicated to one political party. When Starmer became leader for instance, the DM was dancing a jig that we may at last have a coherent opposition. It has been steadfast in criticism of the government over the NHS, procurement, care homes etc. The Times has Melanie Phillips but most of the other commenters and the editorials were strong remainers. Almost every one of the Times daily cartoons is now a Boris basher. They moved from Trump bashing in one easy switch.

We are more likely to find the extremism on social media than mainstream.media, certainly in the USA. That is what we should be worried about. Misinformation that is no more than gossip. Take as a very low level example the last few weeks on the Fishy and the rumours about transfers and before that the takeover.

To my mind this sort thing began with the demos/riots over the Poll Tax orchestrated by mobiles phone. It was very crude in those days but it worked. The technology has moved on exponentially since then so it is possible for news to be influenced by foreign governments.

I don’t worry about the BBC being biased, just irritated that individual producers and directors fail to stand up against silly ideas like apparent BAME quotas in dramas and on the other channels even in commercials. It seems to me the tail is wagging the dog in mainstream media or at least attempting to. If you look at the Sussexes (lovely couple) there is a perfect example of media manipulation. They come off social media and allow their pet PRs to do the job.

The other thing we should be concerned about is the power wielded by the owners of platforms like Twitter and Facebook. They have taken on themselves the role of the Lord Chamberlaine, censorship of what they deem inappropriate. Now, we all know Trump fiddled Twitter but these people want to fiddle a lot more than that. They were trying to shut down Fox News completely.. They are into social issues as Biden is now discovering. The coalition of big media and big unions, broadcasters and minority pressure groups are now demanding their payback.

Good luck to Andrew Neil with GB news , he will need it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 118
ska face
February 8, 2021, 12:23pm

Vodka Drinker
lmao yes the Mail are delighted that Starmer offers “coherent opposition” to the govt they have consistently campaigned for. I can’t deal with you people.

Again, absolutely insane that you can pontificate about “online extremism”, and then cite Melanie Phillips as an example of someone who supposedly shares your values. That will be the same Melanie Phillips who was quoted at length in the manifesto of far right terrorist Anders Brevik, who murdered 77 people, using “cultural Marxism” as a justification for the murders.

This channel, owned by Rupert Murdoch, is the latest in the line of well-funded platforms designed to target easily radicalised, ignorant people with too much time on their hands.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Incorrect.

2019 General Election

CON 43.6%
BRX 2.0%
DUP 0.8%
UUP 0.3%
UKIP 0.1%
Right Wing 46.8%

LAB 32.1%
LDM 11.5%
SNP 3.9%
GRN 2.8% (includes Scottish Greens)
PLC 0.5%
ALL 0.4%
SDLP 0.4%
Left to Centre Parties 51.6%

So about 52% v 47% to non-right wing parties.

Which is strange because I thought 52% was the required amount of votes for us to get what we want forever.

You think the SNP are left wing 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 1:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
lmao yes the Mail are delighted that Starmer offers “coherent opposition” to the govt they have consistently campaigned for. I can’t deal with you people.

Again, absolutely insane that you can pontificate about “online extremism”, and then cite Melanie Phillips as an example of someone who supposedly shares your values. That will be the same Melanie Phillips who was quoted at length in the manifesto of far right terrorist Anders Brevik, who murdered 77 people, using “cultural Marxism” as a justification for the murders.

This channel, owned by Rupert Murdoch, is the latest in the line of well-funded platforms designed to target easily radicalised, ignorant people with too much time on their hands.

Take a minute, breath and have a think before typing, rational may then of come into play and you assume that Ron was probably referring to the Daily Mirror! You’d at least check with him before blowing off!

It’s true News channels are biased no one can surely dispute this, but the BBC has absolutely no right when it’s funded by the taxpayer and this is the crux of the matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 8, 2021, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Oh Ska you are at it again!
Just read my post again.
I don’t cite the blessed Melanie as anything. I merely pointed out she is in The Times but that she is very much a minority voice there. As for Starmer most of the Mail writers were actually pleased to see Corbyn go. Of course there are clickbait headlined in all the media but the Mail writers like Dominic Sandbrook for example are pleased to see some sort of sensible opposition in the Commons.

I agree completely about Murdoch but there again how many people know how far Reach has reached? Not only owning a major daily but a substantial number of local publications acquired on the quiet. I think it became pretty clear which way they wanted to lean Grimsby Live for example when they published an early piece from Melanie Onn that was a lift from a Unison statement. They were pulled up in the comments about that and have been a bit more careful since. But that doesn’t bother me now that we know. Neither does Murdoch owning his platforms, we know what they will say.

What bothers me Ska is when people like Zuckerberg and Dorsey decide what may and may not be said on social media platforms. That really is becoming Orwellian.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 118
barralad
February 8, 2021, 1:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Humbercod

Add a lack of understanding of the psephological issues that permeate Scottish politics to your skewed view on other matters.
It is clear from every election since 2015 that the party that suffered most from the rise of the SNP was Scottish Labour. If you believe that the good voters of Rutherglen etc. would move their allegience to a right wing party simply to achieve independence then you are bonkers. The SNP have domestic policies that resonate with the voters around health, education and equality amongst others. Christ the campaign to Remain alone suggests left wing leanings.
Scottish Labour under at least the last three leaders followed a path not much further left than the Scottish Tories.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

You clearly have no understanding of what you’re talking about.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 4:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Add a lack of understanding of the psephological issues that permeate Scottish politics to your skewed view on other matters.
It is clear from every election since 2015 that the party that suffered most from the rise of the SNP was Scottish Labour. If you believe that the good voters of Rutherglen etc. would move their allegience to a right wing party simply to achieve independence then you are bonkers. The SNP have domestic policies that resonate with the voters around health, education and equality amongst others. Christ the campaign to Remain alone suggests left wing leanings.
Scottish Labour under at least the last three leaders followed a path not much further left than the Scottish Tories.

The SNP may well have left leaning policies based on health, education and equality but the reality is very different!
A bit like the so called progressives that live a very middle class life in Scotland whilst professing their socialist credentials to all and sundry, with a copy of the Scottish Sun under their arms (Scotland’s biggest selling newspaper).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 4:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You clearly have no understanding of what you’re talking about.

You must think Blairs New Labour was left wing 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

The SNP may well have left leaning policies based on health, education and equality but the reality is very different!
A bit like the so called progressives that live a very middle class life in Scotland whilst professing their socialist credentials to all and sundry, with a copy of the Scottish Sun under their arms (Scotland’s biggest selling newspaper).

I am not sure you are right there.

Ian Blackford, for example, is a humble crofter in the Scottish Highlands.

Well, that is apart from his earnings from being an ex-investment banker, his 80 odd thousand pounds a year salary and his 200, 000 plus pounds a year expenses, and the fortune he got from selling his shares in a telecommunications company, he lives the life of a humble time served socialist.  

Obviously, I don't mind how well he does, but the hypocrisy is a bit much.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Tweet 1354725953960894465 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 118
mariner91
February 8, 2021, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I am not sure you are right there.

Ian Blackford, for example, is a humble crofter in the Scottish Highlands.

Well, that is apart from his earnings from being an ex-investment banker, his 80 odd thousand pounds a year salary and his 200, 000 plus pounds a year expenses, and the fortune he got from selling his shares in a telecommunications company, he lives the life of a humble time served socialist.  

Obviously, I don't mind how well he does, but the hypocrisy is a bit much.

I don't think you understand what socialism is. You can be successful, earn a good salary and still be a socialist. If anything, more kudos to you for it because if you're socialist and earning a lot you're happy for yourself to be taxed more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 10:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I don't think you understand what socialism is. You can be successful, earn a good salary and still be a socialist. If anything, more kudos to you for it because if you're socialist and earning a lot you're happy for yourself to be taxed more.

Oh right, I didn't know that.

I thought socialism was all for making a more equitable society and sharing the riches out. I suppose Blackfords is a sort of socialism if we can all have 200,000 plus pounds expense accounts and become millionaires on the sale of shares.

I suppose like you say he can comfort himself at night with the thought that his extra taxes can help provide some comfort for those not quite so lucky.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 118
codcheeky
February 8, 2021, 11:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31

Oh right, I didn't know that.

I thought socialism was all for making a more equitable society and sharing the riches out. I suppose Blackfords is a sort of socialism if we can all have 200,000 plus pounds expense accounts and become millionaires on the sale of shares.

I suppose like you say he can comfort himself at night with the thought that his extra taxes can help provide some comfort for those not quite so lucky.

Are you saying he has got to be a Tory because he has done well in life or that he should just stop caring about those less fortunate?  We all have to work within the system we have and make the most of our opportunities, it doesn’t mean we agree that system is the best possible available
You seem to have an itational jealousy of those who have a bit of money but still care for those less fortunate
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 118
Humbercod
February 9, 2021, 6:59am
Cocktail Drinker
I notice Blackford an his chums are top the expenses list 6 of them making the top 10 and they only have 47 seats!
Also Interesting to see those greedy Tory MP’s making up the majority of lowest claiming MP’s.
https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 118
barralad
February 9, 2021, 8:28am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Humbercod
I notice Blackford an his chums are top the expenses list 6 of them making the top 10 and they only have 47 seats!
Also Interesting to see those greedy Tory MP’s making up the majority of lowest claiming MP’s.

I'm no fan of the SNP but I wonder if it could be anything to do with the fact that some Scottish constituencies are over 600 miles from Westminster so travel to and from London is way more expensive and there is little option for travelling home after work meaning accommodation expenses are higher? Add to that the costs of setting up offices in more than one location due to constituency travel restrictions. You really should look beyond the headline figure before making yourself look ridiculous on here.
Fair play to Rees-Mogg for making no claims though.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 118
barralad
February 9, 2021, 8:34am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from codcheeky

Are you saying he has got to be a Tory because he has done well in life or that he should just stop caring about those less fortunate?  We all have to work within the system we have and make the most of our opportunities, it doesn’t mean we agree that system is the best possible available
You seem to have an itational jealousy of those who have a bit of money but still care for those less fortunate

It just shows the general misunderstanding of what socialism means. There would have been no Labour party without the intellectual middle class support in its formative years. I can't speak for Lew but many people forget that Tony Benn (with impeccable Socialist credentials) had to renounce his hereditary peerage to be able to stand up for those much less fortunate than him in the House of Commons.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 8:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Basic geography isn't it? How much does it cost an SNP MP to commute to London and back from their constituencies? Hardly rocket science is it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 8:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'm no fan of the SNP but I wonder if it could be anything to do with the fact that some Scottish constituencies are over 600 miles from Westminster so travel to and from London is way more expensive and there is little option for travelling home after work meaning accommodation expenses are higher? Add to that the costs of setting up offices in more than one location due to constituency travel restrictions. You really should look beyond the headline figure before making yourself look ridiculous on here.
Fair play to Rees-Mogg for making no claims though.

Dig deeper...

2019/20 - £0
2018/19 - £140,493.95
2017/18 - £125,100.33
2016/17 - £137,448.60
2015/16 - £125,120.58
2014/15 - £121,514.08
2013/14 - £111,729.84
2012/13 - £103,235.80
2011/12 - £92,474.97
2010/11 - £63,093.41

10 Year Total - £1,020,211.56
Average per year - £102.021.16
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 61 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 8:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Re: Ian Blackford...

In 2019/20 he claimed £29,678.07 on travel expenses. The average travel expense claim for MPs in 2019,20 was £5,318.78.

Compare that to the MP for Cities of London & Westminster (the constituency where the Houses of Parliament are located). The MP changed during the 2019/20 reporting period, but neither claimed a penny in travel expenses.

Geography!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 9, 2021, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

I obviously have no jealousy of anyone, irrational or otherwise. I said in a couple of posts up that I had no problem with him doing well for himself.

I am simply pointing out that a staggering number of very rich people with socialist credentials live the high life, enjoying all the benefits that capitalism brings, and the hypocrisy stinks.

Regarding Ian Blackford, I bet he will be gutted if Scottish independence is ever achieved - to see his gravy train dry up. Mind you he will probably be able to retire into the luxury he has become accustomed to.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 118
ska face
February 9, 2021, 10:04am

Vodka Drinker

I obviously have no jealousy of anyone, irrational or otherwise. I said in a couple of posts up that I had no problem with him doing well for himself.

I am simply pointing out that a staggering number of very rich people with socialist credentials live the high life, enjoying all the benefits that capitalism brings, and the hypocrisy stinks.

Regarding Ian Blackford, I bet he will be gutted if Scottish independence is ever achieved - to see his gravy train dry up. Mind you he will probably be able to retire into the luxury he has become accustomed to.

More galaxy brain stuff, repeated in almost every thread you’ve ever posted in

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 9, 2021, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Re: Ian Blackford...

In 2019/20 he claimed £29,678.07 on travel expenses. The average travel expense claim for MPs in 2019,20 was £5,318.78.

Compare that to the MP for Cities of London & Westminster (the constituency where the Houses of Parliament are located). The MP changed during the 2019/20 reporting period, but neither claimed a penny in travel expenses.

Geography!

The last figure I can see online is he claimed 252,000 pounds. The bulk of the money he claims, over 200k is not due to geography.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 118
Humbercod
February 9, 2021, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Basic geography isn't it? How much does it cost an SNP MP to commute to London and back from their constituencies? Hardly rocket science is it.

How many Conservative MP’s from Scotland in the top 10? This wouldn’t even need mentioning if it wasn’t for how morally superior the SNP seem to think they are, when often accusing the government of wasteful spending.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 118
Humbercod
February 9, 2021, 10:28am
Cocktail Drinker

The last figure I can see online is he claimed 252,000 pounds. The bulk of the money he claims, over 200k is not due to geography.

The classic case of a hypercritical pig of an MP with his snout in the trough. No better epitomised than by Ian Blackford. 🐷
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 10:37am

Whiskey Drinker

Humbercod posted the link for MP expense claims. You can search through all Ian Blackford's claims since he became an MP at the 2015 General Election there. I have no idea where you got the figure of £252,000 from.

But here are some key figures for comparison...

Ian Blackford SNP MP for Ross, Skye & Lochaber
Accommodation - £22,253.80
Staff - £5,550.00

Martin Vickers Con MP for Cleethorpes
Accommodation - £25,943.49
Staff - £6,401.00
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 11:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

How many Conservative MP’s from Scotland in the top 10? This wouldn’t even need mentioning if it wasn’t for how morally superior the SNP seem to think they are, when often accusing the government of wasteful spending.

Comparing chalk & cheese though aren't you.

The SNP will have high office & staff costs because they need to have staff & offices in London when they are a Scottish Party.

The Conservative Party MPs in Scotland don't have that level of cost as the Conservative Party is based in London.

Democracy costs money. If you don't allow MPs a decent wage & pay for the reasonable costs they incur in doing their job (especially travel, staffing and office costs) then you will end up with the majority of the 650 MPs being super wealthy Rees-Mogg type people.

Each constituency has a Travel Claims Index (TCI) rating.

An example:

Cities of London & Westminster - TCI = 0
Grantham & Stamford - TCI = 20
Great Grimsby - TCI = 32
Cleethorpes - TCI = 36
Ross, Skye and Lochaber - TCI = 62 (Ian Blackford's constituency)
Orkney & Shetland - TCI = 77

You get the idea. Midlands MPs cost more than London MPs. Northern England MPs cost more than Midlands MPs. Lowlands Scotland MPs cost more than Northern England MPs. And Highland & Island Scotland MPs cost more than Lowlands Scotland MPs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 118
Humbercod
February 9, 2021, 1:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Here’s another one!
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....ms-over-23433791.amp

Even you Golly cannot justify 250k in expenses, obscene amount!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 9, 2021, 2:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Here’s another one!

£160,000 of that is staffing costs for a total of 16 people she employs. £52,000 is rent for her accommodation & office- most Tory MPs are fortunate to have "free" office space in their local conservative club building but SNP MP's don't have that luxury. Travel costs of around £32,000. Those three alone total £242,000.

Like I said before, democracy costs money. If you don't allow MPs the expenses to do their job properly then we will all be short changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 118
Humbercod
February 9, 2021, 4:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

£160,000 of that is staffing costs for a total of 16 people she employs. £52,000 is rent for her accommodation & office- most Tory MPs are fortunate to have "free" office space in their local conservative club building but SNP MP's don't have that luxury. Travel costs of around £32,000. Those three alone total £242,000.

Like I said before, democracy costs money. If you don't allow MPs the expenses to do their job properly then we will all be short changed.

16 Staff to follow her around, who does she think she is Mariah Carey? I would wager that she claims the full staffing limit, and this is the problem, they were banging on about austerity for years but it never stopped some from claiming the full whack.
I heard a story on the radio today about all MPs to receive Laptops to work from home due to Covid, now I’d hazard a guess most if not all already own a perfectly good laptop, but you can guarantee most if not all will still take from the public purse, absolute pigs some of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 118
February 9, 2021, 4:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

I heard a story on the radio today about all MPs to receive Laptops to work from home due to Covid, now I’d hazard a guess most if not all already own a perfectly good laptop, but you can guarantee most if not all will still take from the public purse, absolute pigs some of them.

I know Sturgeon hasn’t quite got her hands on the Trident codes yet but I don’t think we want her using her home laptop for work purposes. Not when Sturgeon knows the Irn Bru recipe.

Better her husband saves that for photoshopping Alex Salmond’s face on to tubby bodies on revenge pörn sites.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 118
ginnywings
February 9, 2021, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod
Here’s another one!

Where she went wrong was claiming the money for justifiable expenses and not for moat cleaning, house renovations, or a nice new house for the pet ducks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 118
barralad
February 9, 2021, 10:28pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Humbercod

16 Staff to follow her around, who does she think she is Mariah Carey? I would wager that she claims the full staffing limit, and this is the problem, they were banging on about austerity for years but it never stopped some from claiming the full whack.

I'll make a last attempt before I give you up as a troll.
Her staff won't follow her around. The majority will be manning offices in the constituency dealing with the casework that being an M.P. attracts. I have no idea what the demographic of her constituency is but like Grimsby I should imagine the work is plentiful.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 118
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 7:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'll make a last attempt before I give you up as a troll.
Her staff won't follow her around. The majority will be manning offices in the constituency dealing with the casework that being an M.P. attracts. I have no idea what the demographic of her constituency is but like Grimsby I should imagine the work is plentiful.

If only you knew how condescending you come across!
As a hard working tax payer I’m right to question discrepancies between our MP’s.
Take Tim Loughton for a random example conservative MP for Eastbourne with a population of over 100,000 yet he only needs 5 staff members!
Just because you can take the full amount doesn’t mean you should.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 118
ginnywings
February 10, 2021, 9:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

If only you knew how condescending you come across!
As a hard working tax payer I’m right to question discrepancies between our MP’s.
Take Tim Loughton for a random example conservative MP for Eastbourne with a population of over 100,000 yet he only needs 5 staff members!
Just because you can take the full amount doesn’t mean you should.

Perhaps you ought to ask your local Tory MP about tax avoidance. They are experts in the field.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 118
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 10:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Perhaps you ought to ask your local Tory MP about tax avoidance. They are experts in the field.

I’m often in contact with Mr Vickers, so do tell more Ginny?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 118
ska face
February 10, 2021, 12:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

https://theferret.scot/tory-mps-back-tax-haven-after-18000-trip/

Perhaps, as a hard working tax payer, you might want to raise this the next time you are in contact with warmonger Vickers.

If you’re not too busy polishing his shoes with your tongue that is.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 118
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 3:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

https://theferret.scot/tory-mps-back-tax-haven-after-18000-trip/

Perhaps, as a hard working tax payer, you might want to raise this the next time you are in contact with warmonger Vickers.

If you’re not too busy polishing his shoes with your tongue that is.

The beautiful thing about not suffering political indoctrination, means I can Email my concerns to my local MP (which ever party they represent) and I often do.

So Scarface for someone like you who votes for a rosette on a donkeys bottom, I’d of thought it would be a rather easy process for you to contact our Tory MP’s yourself, rather than whinging on here like a female dog in heat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 118
ska face
February 10, 2021, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
hahaha, such a hard working taxpayer that he doesn’t care when billions are being siphoned off to the Cayman Islands! All because his betters tell him that’s how it goes.

“Oooh Mr Vickers, here take my taxes, I’ve been grafting my nads off all week just so your mates don’t have to! Kick me harder Mr Vickers, spit on me!”

Absolute worm mentality
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 118
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 5:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
😆 Lunatic 😆
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 118
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 12:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

Next time you are in contact with him, ask him if a Scottish MP claiming a quarter of a million in justifiable expenses is value for money, compared to giving a pest control firm an uncontested order for 170 million pounds worth of useless PPE.

Or maybe giving their mates billions for a useless track and trace system.

I could list umpteen more examples of a waste of your tax contributions. Perhaps you should be questioning that instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 118
Humbercod
February 11, 2021, 8:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Next time you are in contact with him, ask him if a Scottish MP claiming a quarter of a million in justifiable expenses is value for money, compared to giving a pest control firm an uncontested order for 170 million pounds worth of useless PPE.

I could list umpteen more examples of a waste of your tax contributions. Perhaps you should be questioning that instead.

Easy being a hindsight merchant eh!
Bad decisions were made no question, many out of sheer desperation, and that’s why I will cut them some slack as they were so desperate to contain a killer virus, you know that virus that was wiping people out in across the world, and they made rash decisions in the interest of common good.

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth beach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 118
codcheeky
February 11, 2021, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

Bad decisions were made no question, many out of sheer desperation, and that’s why I will cut them some slack as they were so desperate to contain a killer virus, you know that virus that was wiping people out in across the world, and they made rash decisions in the interest of common good.

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth beach.

Giving massive contracts to donors and mates without any experience or expertise in health was critiqued at the time , bypassing the NHS to give Serco contract for track and trace to be run by a failed jockey which turned out a complete shambles was criticised at the time, not shutting down until  much too late was nothing to do with hindsight, we have the world’s highest death rate due to a catalogue of arrogance, cronyism and outright incompetence.
Pretending that no one could of done better is smug madness, the fact is every other country has done better most without the advantage of being an island. You are deluding yourself, defending incompetence out of some misplaced loyalty, give your head a wobble man
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 118
Sandford1981
February 11, 2021, 9:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth  beach.

The hindsight line again! Jesus wept. Ahead of time they have been given advice to avoid numerous detrimental scenarios. Boris and his pals have repeatedly ignored those with foresight. Instead they act after the event. In hindsight you might say, though we’ve established that’s pretty much what you say to anything.

You have castigated MPs for claiming justifiable expenses in the thousands but now make excuses for the government using the distraction of the pandemic to take cronyism to a new level in throwing around millions.

In answer to the question you pose-who knows how Starmer would do? The fact remains he’s not in charge and we can only look at who is and be critical of his avoidable calamities. If Starmer made the decisions Boris had I’d be equally scathing of him too. My problem with Boris is not tribal, I just do not think the man is up to the job, sadly.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 118
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 10:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

Hindsight and flip flops.

That describes Boris and his chums to a tee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 118
Humbercod
February 11, 2021, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
I’ve criticised Boris on here, especially with regards to not shutting the country down quick enough and not having a true lockdown. So Is he the right man for the job?
My answer would be no.... that is until you look at the opposition, and what a sad indictment of our political system when you consider the mistakes Boris has made, yet his party is still firmly ahead in the opinion polls.

For those above screaming about our highest death rates in the world give YOUR heads a wobble.
Trying to compare different countries to decide which is the worst is just ridiculous, when you can understand the differences in how countries record Covid deaths, our weekly figures include suspected cases for just one example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 118
DB
February 11, 2021, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

The hindsight line again! Jesus wept. Ahead of time they have been given advice to avoid numerous detrimental scenarios. Boris and his pals have repeatedly ignored those with foresight. Instead they act after the event. In hindsight you might say, though we’ve established that’s pretty much what you say to anything.

You have castigated MPs for claiming justifiable expenses in the thousands but now make excuses for the government using the distraction of the pandemic to take cronyism to a new level in throwing around millions.

In answer to the question you pose-who knows how Starmer would do? The fact remains he’s not in charge and we can only look at who is and be critical of his avoidable calamities. If Starmer made the decisions Boris had I’d be equally scathing of him too. My problem with Boris is not tribal, I just do not think the man is up to the job, sadly.

He's not, but at the election it was all about Brexit. Covid was even thought about or even known. Unfortunately Boris has been democratically elected so like him or not he's in power.

When covid came along, approx. a year ago their was absolutely nothing to look back on in recent times to say this how to deal with it. So it was trial and error.
Now it is becoming a different ball game. Boris can now look at what worked for us and what has worked for other nations around the world.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 118
Sandford1981
February 11, 2021, 4:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

He's not, but at the election it was all about Brexit. Covid was even thought about or even known. Unfortunately Boris has been democratically elected so like him or not he's in power.

When covid came along, approx. a year ago their was absolutely nothing to look back on in recent times to say this how to deal with it. So it was trial and error.
Now it is becoming a different ball game. Boris can now look at what worked for us and what has worked for other nations around the world.

I have said on numerous occasions that Boris piggy backing on the Brexit vote was really clever. They had a plan, stuck to it and it worked brilliantly. Credit to them for recognising the opportunity and executing their plan.

As far as his personal performance goes as prime minister, well that’s another matter. Is the job tough? Yes. Has the pandemic made it even more so? Definitely. Has it taken its toll on him personally? Absolutely.

However, when you make as many u-turns as he has and when you follow bad decisions with more poor decisions, your credibility disintegrates rapidly and you really are on a slippery slope. We have lurched from one mistake to another under his stewardship and as in normal lines of work for you or I, the buck stops with the guy in charge.

History will not judge him kindly and in my opinion nor should it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 118
grimsby pete
February 11, 2021, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,830
Gold Stars: 222
Not a big fan of Boris but then I can not remember a prime minister who I was a fan of.

Maybe Blair before he started his friendship with Bush and taking us to war.

One thing I wish Boris would invest in a bloody comb.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 118
DB
February 11, 2021, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I have said on numerous occasions that Boris piggy backing on the Brexit vote was really clever. They had a plan, stuck to it and it worked brilliantly. Credit to them for recognising the opportunity and executing their plan.

As far as his personal performance goes as prime minister, well that’s another matter. Is the job tough? Yes. Has the pandemic made it even more so? Definitely. Has it taken its toll on him personally? Absolutely.

However, when you make as many u-turns as he has and when you follow bad decisions with more poor decisions, your credibility disintegrates rapidly and you really are on a slippery slope. We have lurched from one mistake to another under his stewardship and as in normal lines of work for you or I, the buck stops with the guy in charge.

History will not judge him kindly and in my opinion nor should it.

I think this sums up many modern day prime ministers. They all masters of the English language because they never ever directly promise anything. Intensions, like to's, want to's any words that mean something and guarantee nothing. Tell you what you want to hear and if elected what you misheard.

Then when they lose the election, or their ego tells them how unpopular they are so they resign, they whimper off to jobs in the city, or advisors, sell their memoirs, speaking tours and promptly forget about us. And that my friends is why I'm neither red or blue because at the end of the day they are all the same.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 13, 2021, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

The SNP's staff expenses will be unacceptable as none of the staff were friends with Matt Hancock at university.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 118
ska face
June 16, 2021, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
I’m starting to have real concerns about some of the people on here seemingly obsessed with grooming gangs and their activities.

The issue has been discussed on here, at length, before so we know a few things. These people aren’t racists and it’s not an issue of religion. They aren’t concerned with prevention, or the causes, as they keep voting to cut budgets to police, social services and local support. It’s not about supporting the victims. I just wonder then, what is the absolute fascination with the issue of grooming and paedophilia?

I suppose you can trust Andrew Neil - who’s name appeared in Jeffrey Epstein’s notorious little black book - to cover the issue. Enjoy your seedy new channel gents, each to their own.  

Remember this from back in February? Well GB news launched on Sunday and this is from just day 2 -

Tweet 1404921547144433664 will appear here...

Not 48 hours in and they’re defending paedophiles and child sex traffickers.

Like I said, each to their own, but on the basis of the evidence before me I can only assume anyone watching this channel has nonce tendencies.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Try watching again with your bigot glasses off, The GB news anchor man is calling the paedo’s out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
June 18, 2021, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Try watching again with your bigot glasses off, The GB news anchor man is calling the paedo’s out!

Indeed. It was one of the eccentric guests playing down Prince Andrews involvement with such things, with the interviewer on this side of decency, obviosuly.

As I said in the opening post back in February the woke left was gunning for this channel before it even broadcast such is their hatred for any contrary view. The fact that GB News was given all the necessary accreditation by Ofcom have to confirm to their rules of impartiality, and have been seen to welcome all sides of debate does not matter one jot to the small army of Twitter fanatics who continue to confuseTwitter with real life.

I see some corporations were cowed into removing their advertising from the channel by the Twitter mob; the latest I have read is that firms are now reconsidering following a public backlash, and executives shamed into realising some tweets from the extremists does not reflect the public.

What a world where people try to shut down a full and proper debate!
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 118
ska face
June 18, 2021, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Impartiality is, when discussing Megan Markle (?!), having someone on to defend notorious a peadophile.

Enjoy your paedophile channel gentlemen, just keep away from my children.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 12:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Impartiality is, when discussing Megan Markle (?!), having someone on to defend notorious a peadophile.

Enjoy your paedophile channel gentlemen, just keep away from my children.

What a pathetic thing to say 😮
It’s called an open debate!
Finally we have a channel that that will listen to all voices, but you keep taking them bitter pills and carry on with the BBC the home of Jimmy Saville👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker

Indeed. It was one of the eccentric guests playing down Prince Andrews involvement with such things, with the interviewer on this side of decency, obviosuly.

As I said in the opening post back in February the woke left was gunning for this channel before it even broadcast such is their hatred for any contrary view. The fact that GB News was given all the necessary accreditation by Ofcom have to confirm to their rules of impartiality, and have been seen to welcome all sides of debate does not matter one jot to the small army of Twitter fanatics who continue to confuseTwitter with real life.

I see some corporations were cowed into removing their advertising from the channel by the Twitter mob; the latest I have read is that firms are now reconsidering following a public backlash, and executives shamed into realising some tweets from the extremists does not reflect the public.

What a world where people try to shut down a full and proper debate!

Absolutely Lew!
These nutters actually believe that their world view counts and anyone who disagrees should be cancelled or worse!

Authoritarian and suppression of opposition, traits linked to ...🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 118
KingstonMariner
June 18, 2021, 7:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
It’s the reverse. Self-proclaimed freedom campaigners are the ones trying to shut up fair debate.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/18/harassment-nicholas-watt-bbc-far-right

I get the feeling that we’re living in a repeat of Weimar Germany. A sinister threat from the right is emerging in an apparently liberal society.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 118
ginnywings
June 18, 2021, 8:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It’s the reverse. Self-proclaimed freedom campaigners are the ones trying to shut up fair debate.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/18/harassment-nicholas-watt-bbc-far-right

I get the feeling that we’re living in a repeat of Weimar Germany. A sinister threat from the right is emerging in an apparently liberal society.

Been saying the same for a while now. Right wing and Nationalist politics is on the rise and it's quite worrying I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 118
mariner91
June 18, 2021, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
For all those who cry fascist or marxist when someone says something they disagree with, despite clearly not understanding what either of these things are, here is an example of actual fascism in plain sight:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/electoral-commission-boris-johnson-flat-b1868407.html

If they can't be prosecuted they can't be stopped. Dictatorial power and suppression of opposition/the laws of society. Ushered in via the supposedly affable Johnson so that the blinkered in society don't look at what is actually happening. Make no mistake, there are many parallels between the modern day UK and Weimar Germany.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 118
MarinerWY
June 19, 2021, 5:29am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Humbercod

What a pathetic thing to say 😮
It’s called an open debate!
Finally we have a channel that that will listen to all voices, but you keep taking them bitter pills and carry on with the BBC the home of Jimmy Saville👍

Today on GB News, the big debate: when is a nonce not a nonce? Can you be just a bit noncey or is it all-or-nothing? Does it still count if you're a member of the Royal Family? What if the kid's age is a prime number, is that really the same thing?

Tune in for more impartial debate, where we may disagree on nonces, but we will all agree that despite the unfortunate pedo tendencies of old Edward, the biggest evil in the Royal circle is definitely Meghan Markle.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 118
aldi_01
June 19, 2021, 8:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
GB news is farce. It’s a platform, which is technically allowed, for the self obsessed and the irrelevant. Sadly, those with nationalist views masquerading ad patriotism will tune in and lap it up…in the process proclaiming it is their right, it’s free speech and opens up the debate.

Perhaps it does to some extent but in truth it is yet another platform for the likes of Farage, the biggest hypocrite walking the planet to share their somewhat bizarre views.

GB news offers nothing other than a right wing, nationalist news platform…it’s an alternative but just enhances and creates a bigger echo chamber.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 118
Humbercod
June 19, 2021, 11:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
GB news is farce. It’s a platform, which is technically allowed, for the self obsessed and the irrelevant. Sadly, those with nationalist views masquerading ad patriotism will tune in and lap it up…in the process proclaiming it is their right, it’s free speech and opens up the debate.

Perhaps it does to some extent but in truth it is yet another platform for the likes of Farage, the biggest hypocrite walking the planet to share their somewhat bizarre views.

GB news offers nothing other than a right wing, nationalist news platform…it’s an alternative but just enhances and creates a bigger echo chamber.

It’s a farce but you’re all watching it 😂 no wonder the woke BBC viewing figures are down... if you don’t like it you know what to. GB news is here to stay already the leading news station in the UK 💪
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 118
aldi_01
June 19, 2021, 12:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

It’s a farce but you’re all watching it 😂 no wonder the woke BBC viewing figures are down... if you don’t like it you know what to. GB news is here to stay already the leading news station in the UK 💪

I didn’t say I watched it, the moment it was announced many made a decision…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 19, 2021, 12:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

It is no different to having a new newspaper. It will either work commercially and survive or it won’t. I suspect it won’t because the commercial backers are still fearful of being targeted by the leftist social media army. But what are these anti-GB types so fearful of?
Why are they so worried about it? Is it going to change anyone’s politics or opinions any more than any other news agency? We read/watch what suits our pre-conceived views. We might pretend the Grauniad or Indie  or Times is educational to our opinions but they make no more difference than the Socialist Worker of C4 News that people like or don’t. It may be a platform or an echo chamber but so what? Why does that make it a bad thing?

Private Message
Reply: 107 - 118
Humbercod
June 19, 2021, 2:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Owen Jones😂😂😂

Wow I didn’t know the anti-lockdown protesting was specifically right wing!
good old Guardian for letting us know🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
June 19, 2021, 2:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

If GB News offered nothing more than a right-wing nationalist news platform it would not have got Ofcom approval. What it is determined to do is view all sides of a debate, and allow people to express differing opinions that people have up and down the land but will never find on BBC or Sky.

Diversity is such a buzzword and is all the rage, but it never seems to include diversity of debate if it is not to the liking of the perpetually offended twitterati.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 118
ginnywings
June 20, 2021, 7:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Wonder what GB news will make of John Bercow's defection to the Labour party, citing the Conservatives under Bojo as being "reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic".

Suspect they will label him a snowflake, or a state enemy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
KingstonMariner
June 21, 2021, 12:28am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Or the Tories race adviser who recently resigned saying they were deliberately stoking the (lack of)  ‘culture wars’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
Humbercod
June 21, 2021, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Wonder what GB news will make of John Bercow's defection to the Labour party, citing the Conservatives under Bojo as being "reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic".

Suspect they will label him a snowflake, or a state enemy.

Little Bercow wants his peerage bless him. Labour goons it must be then😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
promotion plaice
June 21, 2021, 11:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Humbercod

Can't stand the bloke, I wouldn't be surprised if he really did bully people, seems that type to me.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 118
DB
June 22, 2021, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
As The Speaker, he was supposed to be unbiased and pick debates that would improve the nation, or what he believed the nation would want to be debated.

He did neither but insisted on debates that would boost his ego!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
June 22, 2021, 3:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

I see emails have emerged from 2019 from Bercow to the Labour party begging for a peerage! The other day he was adamant that he had no contact with the Labour party on the matter. I think we can safely put his criticisms of the Conservative party under the "what's best for John Bercow" file.

What a strange man he is, held in contempt by large parts of the electorate with his desperation to derail Brexit, which was one of the reasons a peerage was withheld as he was abusing the historic position of the speaker.

He should go down a storm with Labour voters in their (former) heartlands.  
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
ginnywings
September 13, 2021, 8:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Andrew Neil quits GB News.

Going well so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 118
aldi_01
September 14, 2021, 6:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Andrew Neil quits GB News.

Going well so far.

What a shambolic publicity stunt for no marks, bigots and buffoons.

I’m sure the bbc will find some work for him, sadly.

Bet cow is not the first nor the last who will defect to a party to merely feather their own nest…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
pizzzza
September 14, 2021, 11:44am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m sure the bbc will find some work for him, sadly.

Think I read that he is on QT this week, didn't take long...
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.