Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,644 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
February 8, 2021, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
I’m starting to have real concerns about some of the people on here seemingly obsessed with grooming gangs and their activities.

The issue has been discussed on here, at length, before so we know a few things. These people aren’t racists and it’s not an issue of religion. They aren’t concerned with prevention, or the causes, as they keep voting to cut budgets to police, social services and local support. It’s not about supporting the victims. I just wonder then, what is the absolute fascination with the issue of grooming and paedophilia?

I suppose you can trust Andrew Neil - who’s name appeared in Jeffrey Epstein’s notorious little black book - to cover the issue. Enjoy your seedy new channel gents, each to their own.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 118
February 8, 2021, 10:46am
Guest User
I’m all for GB news. It’s about time we had an antidote to all the left wing media like the Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Times, The Sun, The Express, The Sunday Times, Sunday Express, Mail on Sunday...
Reply: 41 - 118
Manchester Mariner
February 8, 2021, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the big hairy creature in Star Wars.

😄 top of the class!

There he is, hopefully all the lads at GB News will be exposing him and his woke Rebel Alliance sort, all the lefty, social justice warrioring, pinko commie, GB hating Marxists. I bet he takes the knee AND raises his fist.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 8, 2021, 12:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
These are pointless arguments. Very few media outlets are dedicated to one political party. When Starmer became leader for instance, the DM was dancing a jig that we may at last have a coherent opposition. It has been steadfast in criticism of the government over the NHS, procurement, care homes etc. The Times has Melanie Phillips but most of the other commenters and the editorials were strong remainers. Almost every one of the Times daily cartoons is now a Boris basher. They moved from Trump bashing in one easy switch.

We are more likely to find the extremism on social media than mainstream.media, certainly in the USA. That is what we should be worried about. Misinformation that is no more than gossip. Take as a very low level example the last few weeks on the Fishy and the rumours about transfers and before that the takeover.

To my mind this sort thing began with the demos/riots over the Poll Tax orchestrated by mobiles phone. It was very crude in those days but it worked. The technology has moved on exponentially since then so it is possible for news to be influenced by foreign governments.

I don’t worry about the BBC being biased, just irritated that individual producers and directors fail to stand up against silly ideas like apparent BAME quotas in dramas and on the other channels even in commercials. It seems to me the tail is wagging the dog in mainstream media or at least attempting to. If you look at the Sussexes (lovely couple) there is a perfect example of media manipulation. They come off social media and allow their pet PRs to do the job.

The other thing we should be concerned about is the power wielded by the owners of platforms like Twitter and Facebook. They have taken on themselves the role of the Lord Chamberlaine, censorship of what they deem inappropriate. Now, we all know Trump fiddled Twitter but these people want to fiddle a lot more than that. They were trying to shut down Fox News completely.. They are into social issues as Biden is now discovering. The coalition of big media and big unions, broadcasters and minority pressure groups are now demanding their payback.

Good luck to Andrew Neil with GB news , he will need it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 118
ska face
February 8, 2021, 12:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
lmao yes the Mail are delighted that Starmer offers “coherent opposition” to the govt they have consistently campaigned for. I can’t deal with you people.

Again, absolutely insane that you can pontificate about “online extremism”, and then cite Melanie Phillips as an example of someone who supposedly shares your values. That will be the same Melanie Phillips who was quoted at length in the manifesto of far right terrorist Anders Brevik, who murdered 77 people, using “cultural Marxism” as a justification for the murders.

This channel, owned by Rupert Murdoch, is the latest in the line of well-funded platforms designed to target easily radicalised, ignorant people with too much time on their hands.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Incorrect.

2019 General Election

CON 43.6%
BRX 2.0%
DUP 0.8%
UUP 0.3%
UKIP 0.1%
Right Wing 46.8%

LAB 32.1%
LDM 11.5%
SNP 3.9%
GRN 2.8% (includes Scottish Greens)
PLC 0.5%
ALL 0.4%
SDLP 0.4%
Left to Centre Parties 51.6%

So about 52% v 47% to non-right wing parties.

Which is strange because I thought 52% was the required amount of votes for us to get what we want forever.

You think the SNP are left wing 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 1:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ska face
lmao yes the Mail are delighted that Starmer offers “coherent opposition” to the govt they have consistently campaigned for. I can’t deal with you people.

Again, absolutely insane that you can pontificate about “online extremism”, and then cite Melanie Phillips as an example of someone who supposedly shares your values. That will be the same Melanie Phillips who was quoted at length in the manifesto of far right terrorist Anders Brevik, who murdered 77 people, using “cultural Marxism” as a justification for the murders.

This channel, owned by Rupert Murdoch, is the latest in the line of well-funded platforms designed to target easily radicalised, ignorant people with too much time on their hands.

Take a minute, breath and have a think before typing, rational may then of come into play and you assume that Ron was probably referring to the Daily Mirror! You’d at least check with him before blowing off!

It’s true News channels are biased no one can surely dispute this, but the BBC has absolutely no right when it’s funded by the taxpayer and this is the crux of the matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 8, 2021, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

Oh Ska you are at it again!
Just read my post again.
I don’t cite the blessed Melanie as anything. I merely pointed out she is in The Times but that she is very much a minority voice there. As for Starmer most of the Mail writers were actually pleased to see Corbyn go. Of course there are clickbait headlined in all the media but the Mail writers like Dominic Sandbrook for example are pleased to see some sort of sensible opposition in the Commons.

I agree completely about Murdoch but there again how many people know how far Reach has reached? Not only owning a major daily but a substantial number of local publications acquired on the quiet. I think it became pretty clear which way they wanted to lean Grimsby Live for example when they published an early piece from Melanie Onn that was a lift from a Unison statement. They were pulled up in the comments about that and have been a bit more careful since. But that doesn’t bother me now that we know. Neither does Murdoch owning his platforms, we know what they will say.

What bothers me Ska is when people like Zuckerberg and Dorsey decide what may and may not be said on social media platforms. That really is becoming Orwellian.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 118
barralad
February 8, 2021, 1:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Humbercod

Add a lack of understanding of the psephological issues that permeate Scottish politics to your skewed view on other matters.
It is clear from every election since 2015 that the party that suffered most from the rise of the SNP was Scottish Labour. If you believe that the good voters of Rutherglen etc. would move their allegience to a right wing party simply to achieve independence then you are bonkers. The SNP have domestic policies that resonate with the voters around health, education and equality amongst others. Christ the campaign to Remain alone suggests left wing leanings.
Scottish Labour under at least the last three leaders followed a path not much further left than the Scottish Tories.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod

You clearly have no understanding of what you’re talking about.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.