Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,645 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
February 11, 2021, 4:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

He's not, but at the election it was all about Brexit. Covid was even thought about or even known. Unfortunately Boris has been democratically elected so like him or not he's in power.

When covid came along, approx. a year ago their was absolutely nothing to look back on in recent times to say this how to deal with it. So it was trial and error.
Now it is becoming a different ball game. Boris can now look at what worked for us and what has worked for other nations around the world.

I have said on numerous occasions that Boris piggy backing on the Brexit vote was really clever. They had a plan, stuck to it and it worked brilliantly. Credit to them for recognising the opportunity and executing their plan.

As far as his personal performance goes as prime minister, well that’s another matter. Is the job tough? Yes. Has the pandemic made it even more so? Definitely. Has it taken its toll on him personally? Absolutely.

However, when you make as many u-turns as he has and when you follow bad decisions with more poor decisions, your credibility disintegrates rapidly and you really are on a slippery slope. We have lurched from one mistake to another under his stewardship and as in normal lines of work for you or I, the buck stops with the guy in charge.

History will not judge him kindly and in my opinion nor should it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 118
grimsby pete
February 11, 2021, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,830
Gold Stars: 222
Not a big fan of Boris but then I can not remember a prime minister who I was a fan of.

Maybe Blair before he started his friendship with Bush and taking us to war.

One thing I wish Boris would invest in a bloody comb.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 118
DB
February 11, 2021, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Sandford1981

I have said on numerous occasions that Boris piggy backing on the Brexit vote was really clever. They had a plan, stuck to it and it worked brilliantly. Credit to them for recognising the opportunity and executing their plan.

As far as his personal performance goes as prime minister, well that’s another matter. Is the job tough? Yes. Has the pandemic made it even more so? Definitely. Has it taken its toll on him personally? Absolutely.

However, when you make as many u-turns as he has and when you follow bad decisions with more poor decisions, your credibility disintegrates rapidly and you really are on a slippery slope. We have lurched from one mistake to another under his stewardship and as in normal lines of work for you or I, the buck stops with the guy in charge.

History will not judge him kindly and in my opinion nor should it.

I think this sums up many modern day prime ministers. They all masters of the English language because they never ever directly promise anything. Intensions, like to's, want to's any words that mean something and guarantee nothing. Tell you what you want to hear and if elected what you misheard.

Then when they lose the election, or their ego tells them how unpopular they are so they resign, they whimper off to jobs in the city, or advisors, sell their memoirs, speaking tours and promptly forget about us. And that my friends is why I'm neither red or blue because at the end of the day they are all the same.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 13, 2021, 11:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ginnywings

Next time you are in contact with him, ask him if a Scottish MP claiming a quarter of a million in justifiable expenses is value for money, compared to giving a pest control firm an uncontested order for 170 million pounds worth of useless PPE.

Or maybe giving their mates billions for a useless track and trace system.

I could list umpteen more examples of a waste of your tax contributions. Perhaps you should be questioning that instead.

The SNP's staff expenses will be unacceptable as none of the staff were friends with Matt Hancock at university.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 118
ska face
June 16, 2021, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from ska face
I’m starting to have real concerns about some of the people on here seemingly obsessed with grooming gangs and their activities.

The issue has been discussed on here, at length, before so we know a few things. These people aren’t racists and it’s not an issue of religion. They aren’t concerned with prevention, or the causes, as they keep voting to cut budgets to police, social services and local support. It’s not about supporting the victims. I just wonder then, what is the absolute fascination with the issue of grooming and paedophilia?

I suppose you can trust Andrew Neil - who’s name appeared in Jeffrey Epstein’s notorious little black book - to cover the issue. Enjoy your seedy new channel gents, each to their own.  

Remember this from back in February? Well GB news launched on Sunday and this is from just day 2 -

Tweet 1404921547144433664 will appear here...

Not 48 hours in and they’re defending paedophiles and child sex traffickers.

Like I said, each to their own, but on the basis of the evidence before me I can only assume anyone watching this channel has nonce tendencies.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Try watching again with your bigot glasses off, The GB news anchor man is calling the paedo’s out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
June 18, 2021, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Humbercod
Try watching again with your bigot glasses off, The GB news anchor man is calling the paedo’s out!

Indeed. It was one of the eccentric guests playing down Prince Andrews involvement with such things, with the interviewer on this side of decency, obviosuly.

As I said in the opening post back in February the woke left was gunning for this channel before it even broadcast such is their hatred for any contrary view. The fact that GB News was given all the necessary accreditation by Ofcom have to confirm to their rules of impartiality, and have been seen to welcome all sides of debate does not matter one jot to the small army of Twitter fanatics who continue to confuseTwitter with real life.

I see some corporations were cowed into removing their advertising from the channel by the Twitter mob; the latest I have read is that firms are now reconsidering following a public backlash, and executives shamed into realising some tweets from the extremists does not reflect the public.

What a world where people try to shut down a full and proper debate!
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 118
ska face
June 18, 2021, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Impartiality is, when discussing Megan Markle (?!), having someone on to defend notorious a peadophile.

Enjoy your paedophile channel gentlemen, just keep away from my children.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 12:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Impartiality is, when discussing Megan Markle (?!), having someone on to defend notorious a peadophile.

Enjoy your paedophile channel gentlemen, just keep away from my children.

What a pathetic thing to say 😮
It’s called an open debate!
Finally we have a channel that that will listen to all voices, but you keep taking them bitter pills and carry on with the BBC the home of Jimmy Saville👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 118
Humbercod
June 18, 2021, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker

Indeed. It was one of the eccentric guests playing down Prince Andrews involvement with such things, with the interviewer on this side of decency, obviosuly.

As I said in the opening post back in February the woke left was gunning for this channel before it even broadcast such is their hatred for any contrary view. The fact that GB News was given all the necessary accreditation by Ofcom have to confirm to their rules of impartiality, and have been seen to welcome all sides of debate does not matter one jot to the small army of Twitter fanatics who continue to confuseTwitter with real life.

I see some corporations were cowed into removing their advertising from the channel by the Twitter mob; the latest I have read is that firms are now reconsidering following a public backlash, and executives shamed into realising some tweets from the extremists does not reflect the public.

What a world where people try to shut down a full and proper debate!

Absolutely Lew!
These nutters actually believe that their world view counts and anyone who disagrees should be cancelled or worse!

Authoritarian and suppression of opposition, traits linked to ...🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.