5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 9, 2020, 6:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Playing out from the back isn’t just about a goal keeper being good with his feet...Ederson is great with his feet but often plays many long passes, Becauee sometimes that’s the best option.

He’s tried to make a point with Macca, that’s all.

Playing out from the back works if you have ball playing centre halves or a midfielder than drops deep and can play a bit...therein lies our problem. We haven’t any of those.

Bemoaning the absence of an injury prone Hanson, a goal shy Green and Scannell who’s player well in 3 games but still has nothing to show for it is just pointless.

Saying it was a decent performance doesn’t help either, even if he’s trying to deflect, it’s still the ramblings of a mad man I’m afraid.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
dapperz fun pub
December 9, 2020, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Soon as he said we’re a well run club he lost me .. I haven’t listened to last nights post match interview I can’t be arsed to listen to more bollox.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Rodley Mariner
December 9, 2020, 8:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Olly and the board seem to equate well run with as cheaply as possible rather than with spending wisely, getting value for money and occasionally being above the bottom 6 in League 2. Newport and Exeter are well run. We are cheaply run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
MuddyWaters
December 9, 2020, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Olly and the board seem to equate well run with as cheaply as possible rather than with apending wisely, gwttimg value for money and occasionally being above the bottom 6 in League 2. Newport and Exeter are well run. We are cheaply run.

Penny rich, pound thick.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 9, 2020, 8:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
Tbf he was right inasmuch that ,after the awful first 5 minutes, they didnt create that many chances.
And hes right in pointing out that the real problem is up front and with green, hanson and scannell all injured it only leaves inexperienced youngsters.
But I just dont see the point of continuing to play out from the back,we are not confident or good enough to do it, and the end result is we member it up, generally in potentially dangerous areas

Spot on Forza. If Lidl sold goals Town would turn up after closing time.

The common factor in most Town games is lots of possession and little threat. No point in getting irate about the rest of the side, it is lack of firepower that stymies us. Newport and teams at the top don’t need 55-60% possession because they have the players to use what they have. That is Ollie’s biggest error. He put all his eggs in one basket in the summer and still failed to get an experienced forward. Not often can we pinpoint a cause for failure but we can here and now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Rodley Mariner
December 9, 2020, 8:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
We got two for the price of three though with Jackson Jnr, Sisay and Gibson. Two aren't good enough to even make the squad but you know, 2 for the price of 3! We would honestly have been better with Cardwell last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Jarmo.Is.God
December 9, 2020, 8:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I've had the night to reflect, and to me, it's obvious why IH said we played well.

He has a month before he can sign anyone, in that time we have 6/7 HUGE games with teams in and around us.

If he come out and said we are rubbish, it would only make a bad position even worse.

I honestly believe he expected the season to stop again, and due to the contract's we offered, we struggled to get the players that are actually good enough, and that he actually wanted to sign...
Offer a young non-league 2/3x more the wages they already earn, and a chance to play league football... they was always going to be the type of players that wanted to sign, despite the clause
Having said that, IH has to take sole responsibility for the players we have actually signed, as 90% are clearly not good enough

I also think he was planning for a season with Hanson up front, and that's also not gone to plan

He now has a huge month and half, to steady the ship, and then rapidly sort this mess out, otherwise its game over for the club

The squad is fuc*ing huge, and needs to be cut pretty quickly

Be brutal, get rid of some of the young lads that we've never seen
Sisay
Jackson Jr - Who is becoming one of them players that gets better without playing to many of our fans...
Spokes

The loans have been terrible
Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

Holloway can't go anywhere, as getting someone new in won't work.

Holloway is 100% still the right man for the job, but probably faces his biggest challenge for a very long time..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Henryscat
December 9, 2020, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I've had the night to reflect, and to me, it's obvious why IH said we played well.

He has a month before he can sign anyone, in that time we have 6/7 HUGE games with teams in and around us.

If he come out and said we are rubbish, it would only make a bad position even worse.

I honestly believe he expected the season to stop again, and due to the contract's we offered, we struggled to get the players that are actually good enough, and that he actually wanted to sign...
Offer a young non-league 2/3x more the wages they already earn, and a chance to play league football... they was always going to be the type of players that wanted to sign, despite the clause
Having said that, IH has to take sole responsibility for the players we have actually signed, as 90% are clearly not good enough

I also think he was planning for a season with Hanson up front, and that's also not gone to plan

He now has a huge month and half, to steady the ship, and then rapidly sort this mess out, otherwise its game over for the club

Sisay
Jackson Jr - Who is becoming one of them players that gets better without playing to many of our fans...
Spokes

Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

Holloway is 100% still the right man for the job, but probably faces his biggest challenge for a very long time..

Can’t argue with any of that. If Sisay and Jackson Jr aren’t good enough for the bench now then they’re never going to be good enough.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
pontoonlew
December 9, 2020, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Sisay
Spokes

Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

This is the problem perfectly summed up. What's worse is the fact we were one of only a couple of profitable sides in this league, in reality if we went bust then so did the entire pyramid.

The sheer naivety in our preparations for Covid is absolutely staggering and demonstrates once again how useless the men running our club really are. It's like going into war armed with enough food and shelter for the duration but no weapons or ammunition whatsoever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
TwoLeftFeet
December 9, 2020, 9:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Would you really trust IH with another transfer window after the last one..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.