Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, December 8, 2020, 10:12pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p090w1t3

Holloway: the performance was very good. Fine margins.
Posted by: davmariner, December 8, 2020, 10:24pm; Reply: 1
Jesus.
Posted by: mariner91, December 8, 2020, 10:30pm; Reply: 2
Nurse!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 8, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 3
Wow!
Posted by: BraStrap, December 8, 2020, 10:36pm; Reply: 4
[img]https://i.imgflip.com/2hs1el.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 8, 2020, 10:40pm; Reply: 5
Clown....and not a funny one either
Posted by: forza ivano, December 8, 2020, 11:14pm; Reply: 6
Tbf he was right inasmuch that ,after the awful first 5 minutes, they didnt create that many chances.
And hes right in pointing out that the real problem is up front and with green, hanson and scannell all injured it only leaves inexperienced youngsters.
But I just dont see the point of continuing to play out from the back,we are not confident or good enough to do it, and the end result is we member it up, generally in potentially dangerous areas
Posted by: toontown, December 9, 2020, 12:00am; Reply: 7
He seems to be saying Macca was dropped because last game he stoped fannying an out with it at the back and kicked it forward too much. Macca is in a real no win situation here - on the one hand Ollie is asking him to do what he can't do, what he doesn't have the skills to do and what will inevitably result in mistakes and goals conceded and matches lost and personal abuse aimed at him. On the other hand when he takes the (correct in my opinion) decision to amend his play (and remember he is captain) so that he doesn't make those mistakes and he gets dropped. It's his worst season since the return to the league by far but it's hardly surprising given the instructions he is under - you need to work to what your players are able to execute. He has gone from a strength for us to a massive liability and he isn't even being allowed to try and correct it.

The thing is even with a keeper who is go9d with his feet as Russell clearly was the fannying about tactic still looks a massive liability. Opposing teams clearly have been coached to take advantage of this glaring weakness and Ollie is like a world war 1 general ordering men to walk at machine guns with bayonets in that he just keeps repeating the same failing disastrous tactic.

I said before if we're going to play out from the back we had to bite the bullet and get rid of Macca as he can't do it. Now starting to think the bullet that needs biting is actually Ollie. Maybe give him these easier games coming up to see how he does in those, but do you trust him with such a decisive window? We are obviously in a relegation battle. Is he the man to turn it around under the current circumstances. He did it last time but he seems to have fallen in exactly the same trap as jolley and massively over complicated things when given his own team.

Christ being a town fan is hard. And I agree with those saying that the real problem lies higher than  Ollie but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about that at the moment.
Posted by: davmariner, December 9, 2020, 12:39am; Reply: 8
Imagine you’re a player, knowing you’ve played sh1t, and the manager comes in and says the team played very well. How can you respect that person or take them seriously?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 9, 2020, 12:50am; Reply: 9
Quoted from toontown
He seems to be saying Macca was dropped because last game he stoped fannying an out with it at the back and kicked it forward too much. Macca is in a real no win situation here - on the one hand Ollie is asking him to do what he can't do, what he doesn't have the skills to do and what will inevitably result in mistakes and goals conceded and matches lost and personal abuse aimed at him. On the other hand when he takes the (correct in my opinion) decision to amend his play (and remember he is captain) so that he doesn't make those mistakes and he gets dropped. It's his worst season since the return to the league by far but it's hardly surprising given the instructions he is under - you need to work to what your players are able to execute. He has gone from a strength for us to a massive liability and he isn't even being allowed to try and correct it.

The thing is even with a keeper who is go9d with his feet as Russell clearly was the fannying about tactic still looks a massive liability. Opposing teams clearly have been coached to take advantage of this glaring weakness and Ollie is like a world war 1 general ordering men to walk at machine guns with bayonets in that he just keeps repeating the same failing disastrous tactic.

I said before if we're going to play out from the back we had to bite the bullet and get rid of Macca as he can't do it. Now starting to think the bullet that needs biting is actually Ollie. Maybe give him these easier games coming up to see how he does in those, but do you trust him with such a decisive window? We are obviously in a relegation battle. Is he the man to turn it around under the current circumstances. He did it last time but he seems to have fallen in exactly the same trap as jolley and massively over complicated things when given his own team.

Christ being a town fan is hard. And I agree with those saying that the real problem lies higher than  Ollie but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about that at the moment.

I thought that. And ironically, that game was one of our better performances. At least we had plenty of opportunities.

nd it's no good the GK making short passes if the team isn't showing up to do anything positive with the ball.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 9, 2020, 6:17am; Reply: 10
Playing out from the back isn’t just about a goal keeper being good with his feet...Ederson is great with his feet but often plays many long passes, Becauee sometimes that’s the best option.

He’s tried to make a point with Macca, that’s all.

Playing out from the back works if you have ball playing centre halves or a midfielder than drops deep and can play a bit...therein lies our problem. We haven’t any of those.

Bemoaning the absence of an injury prone Hanson, a goal shy Green and Scannell who’s player well in 3 games but still has nothing to show for it is just pointless.

Saying it was a decent performance doesn’t help either, even if he’s trying to deflect, it’s still the ramblings of a mad man I’m afraid.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 9, 2020, 8:12am; Reply: 11
Soon as he said we’re a well run club he lost me .. I haven’t listened to last nights post match interview I can’t be arsed to listen to more bollox.  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 9, 2020, 8:16am; Reply: 12
Olly and the board seem to equate well run with as cheaply as possible rather than with spending wisely, getting value for money and occasionally being above the bottom 6 in League 2. Newport and Exeter are well run. We are cheaply run.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 9, 2020, 8:19am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Olly and the board seem to equate well run with as cheaply as possible rather than with apending wisely, gwttimg value for money and occasionally being above the bottom 6 in League 2. Newport and Exeter are well run. We are cheaply run.

Penny rich, pound thick.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 9, 2020, 8:37am; Reply: 14
Quoted from forza ivano
Tbf he was right inasmuch that ,after the awful first 5 minutes, they didnt create that many chances.
And hes right in pointing out that the real problem is up front and with green, hanson and scannell all injured it only leaves inexperienced youngsters.
But I just dont see the point of continuing to play out from the back,we are not confident or good enough to do it, and the end result is we member it up, generally in potentially dangerous areas

Spot on Forza. If Lidl sold goals Town would turn up after closing time.

The common factor in most Town games is lots of possession and little threat. No point in getting irate about the rest of the side, it is lack of firepower that stymies us. Newport and teams at the top don’t need 55-60% possession because they have the players to use what they have. That is Ollie’s biggest error. He put all his eggs in one basket in the summer and still failed to get an experienced forward. Not often can we pinpoint a cause for failure but we can here and now.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 9, 2020, 8:40am; Reply: 15
We got two for the price of three though with Jackson Jnr, Sisay and Gibson. Two aren't good enough to even make the squad but you know, 2 for the price of 3! We would honestly have been better with Cardwell last night.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 9, 2020, 8:49am; Reply: 16
I've had the night to reflect, and to me, it's obvious why IH said we played well.

He has a month before he can sign anyone, in that time we have 6/7 HUGE games with teams in and around us.

If he come out and said we are rubbish, it would only make a bad position even worse.

I honestly believe he expected the season to stop again, and due to the contract's we offered, we struggled to get the players that are actually good enough, and that he actually wanted to sign...
Offer a young non-league 2/3x more the wages they already earn, and a chance to play league football... they was always going to be the type of players that wanted to sign, despite the clause
Having said that, IH has to take sole responsibility for the players we have actually signed, as 90% are clearly not good enough

I also think he was planning for a season with Hanson up front, and that's also not gone to plan

He now has a huge month and half, to steady the ship, and then rapidly sort this mess out, otherwise its game over for the club

The squad is fuc*ing huge, and needs to be cut pretty quickly

Be brutal, get rid of some of the young lads that we've never seen
Sisay
Jackson Jr - Who is becoming one of them players that gets better without playing to many of our fans...
Spokes

The loans have been terrible
Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

Holloway can't go anywhere, as getting someone new in won't work.

Holloway is 100% still the right man for the job, but probably faces his biggest challenge for a very long time..
Posted by: Henryscat, December 9, 2020, 8:53am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I've had the night to reflect, and to me, it's obvious why IH said we played well.

He has a month before he can sign anyone, in that time we have 6/7 HUGE games with teams in and around us.

If he come out and said we are rubbish, it would only make a bad position even worse.

I honestly believe he expected the season to stop again, and due to the contract's we offered, we struggled to get the players that are actually good enough, and that he actually wanted to sign...
Offer a young non-league 2/3x more the wages they already earn, and a chance to play league football... they was always going to be the type of players that wanted to sign, despite the clause
Having said that, IH has to take sole responsibility for the players we have actually signed, as 90% are clearly not good enough

I also think he was planning for a season with Hanson up front, and that's also not gone to plan

He now has a huge month and half, to steady the ship, and then rapidly sort this mess out, otherwise its game over for the club

Sisay
Jackson Jr - Who is becoming one of them players that gets better without playing to many of our fans...
Spokes

Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

Holloway is 100% still the right man for the job, but probably faces his biggest challenge for a very long time..

Can’t argue with any of that. If Sisay and Jackson Jr aren’t good enough for the bench now then they’re never going to be good enough.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 9, 2020, 9:32am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Sisay
Spokes

Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

This is the problem perfectly summed up. What's worse is the fact we were one of only a couple of profitable sides in this league, in reality if we went bust then so did the entire pyramid.

The sheer naivety in our preparations for Covid is absolutely staggering and demonstrates once again how useless the men running our club really are. It's like going into war armed with enough food and shelter for the duration but no weapons or ammunition whatsoever.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, December 9, 2020, 9:39am; Reply: 19
Would you really trust IH with another transfer window after the last one..
Posted by: GrimRob, December 9, 2020, 9:51am; Reply: 20
How many players do we realistically need to play his way and even if we did what guarantee is there that it would work? From that interview, it would seem his aim is purely to play a certain way and the business of accruing points is secondary.  Quite often in the past, we've had managers try systems out but they normally fall back to something that works with the players they have in the squad. I just can't see that happening with him.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2020, 9:55am; Reply: 21
Its such a shame as i really thought we would do something under IH, but its just not working. We’re a backwards club doing everything on the cheap and if Ollie thinks that makes us well run then he’s more delusional than i thought. Just stuck in a never ending cycle of shite
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 9, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 22
Despite the anger that's escalated since yesterday, I didn't think we were that bad.  I don't mean to the levels that Holloway talks about but our performance was ok.

We were beat by a penalty and a deflected free-kick.  We rattled their crossbar through Windsor and Gibson missed a sitter early on.  On another day it could have gone another way.

We're toothless and we look shaky at the back.  But for quite large periods I thought we knocked it about nicely without any real penetration.  It's an ultimate lack of quality though, until we address that we'll always struggle.  We can't keep clean sheets and we're not good enough in attack.  Absolute recipe for disaster.
Posted by: toontown, December 9, 2020, 10:49am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Sisay
Spokes

Gomis
Bennett
Taylor
Morton

Bin:
Green
Hanson

I thought this - desperately trying to maintain confidence for the next 6 games or so that could potentially end his career in league management.

Posted by: Ipswin, December 9, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 24
I was desperately hoping that the next few games might just produce a few wins, get us out of the danger zone and most importantly see a little confidence coming into the squad.

Now I am concerned that, with the apparent total lack of strikers due to fairly long term injury and Holloway not wanting to play Jackson & co, nothing is going to change and it really wouldn't surprise me if we get beat at Southend, they must see us as the one team they are likely to beat this season.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 9, 2020, 12:00pm; Reply: 25
I think it's easy to get dramatic but we played well in patches against Exeter and Colchester and well at Crawley the game before that. I think even with what we have now we are capable of winning 3 of the next 5 or 6 and pulling away from the bottom two. I am not convinced we need a dozen new players either. If we can move a few out and get a couple fit we probably need immediately:

A centre back a bit more comfortable on the ball
A left back to support Preston who looked good initially but appears shot now
A more athletic presence in centre mid
A central striker with some experience of scoring goals

I'm not suggesting that would mean a play off charge but enough to see us in lower mid table and then with Green and Hanson off the wage bill start yet another rebuild next Summer.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 9, 2020, 12:03pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Yes, 100%

Vaccine is approved. This to me, means things will only get better.
I honestly, hand on heart, think we still have the best manager in the league, and he will sort this out
Posted by: sam gy, December 9, 2020, 12:18pm; Reply: 27

A centre back a bit more comfortable on the ball
A more athletic presence in centre mid
A central striker with some experience of scoring goals

Like Harry Davis, Jake Hessenthaler and Charles Vernam?

It was a shocking decision to just let all of our out of contract players leave.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 9, 2020, 12:21pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Yes, 100%

Vaccine is approved. This to me, means things will only get better.
I honestly, hand on heart, think we still have the best manager in the league, and he will sort this out

I'm not convinced that's true. I wasn't in favour of Holloway becoming the manager, because I don't think managers from a higher level know enough about the lower levels of the game to recruit hungry players. It works out much better to bring in a successful manager from levels below who know the best players at that level and will want to sign for a bigger club.

However, last season I was pleasantly impressed with his recruitment and what he did with the team, we looked much better. I do think he made huge mistakes this season in going for quantity to rotate rather than a smaller side with more quality. But I also think he's been hamstrung by Jolley's mistakes too. With Hanson, Green, McKeown, Ohman, Waterfall and Hendrie all on good money for this level, the covid situation will have reduced the available budget so that we had to live with some underperforming players that we can't afford to replace.

I certainly think Holloway knows he's made big mistakes and will not make the same mistakes in January. We could do with 9-10 points out of the next 6 games, then I think we'll be in a better place both mentally and points wise going into January and Holloway deserves the opportunity to do that. The problem then becomes that we wouldn't be able to replace him if the next 6 games are a disaster in time for a new manager to have a window, but I still think we're on track for what we all agreed was the target for this season, however painful it is living that reality right now.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 9, 2020, 12:36pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not convinced that's true. I wasn't in favour of Holloway becoming the manager, because I don't think managers from a higher level know enough about the lower levels of the game to recruit hungry players. It works out much better to bring in a successful manager from levels below who know the best players at that level and will want to sign for a bigger club.

However, last season I was pleasantly impressed with his recruitment and what he did with the team, we looked much better. I do think he made huge mistakes this season in going for quantity to rotate rather than a smaller side with more quality. But I also think he's been hamstrung by Jolley's mistakes too. With Hanson, Green, McKeown, Ohman, Waterfall and Hendrie all on good money for this level, the covid situation will have reduced the available budget so that we had to live with some underperforming players that we can't afford to replace.

I certainly think Holloway knows he's made big mistakes and will not make the same mistakes in January. We could do with 9-10 points out of the next 6 games, then I think we'll be in a better place both mentally and points wise going into January and Holloway deserves the opportunity to do that. The problem then becomes that we wouldn't be able to replace him if the next 6 games are a disaster in time for a new manager to have a window, but I still think we're on track for what we all agreed was the target for this season, however painful it is living that reality right now.

I remember laughing out loud when Fenty once said, we have tried everything - past managers, new managers, established managers, hungry managers and managers from lower down the tiers and none of them work. He seemed completely unaware that the only constant in all those scenarios was himself and the way the club is run.

Holloway is still our best hope, and like you say he has to put right the mistakes made in the summer.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 9, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 30
We got two for the price of three though with Jackson Jnr, Sisay and Gibson. Two aren't good enough to even make the squad but you know, 2 for the price of 3! We would honestly have been better with Cardwell last night.

I saw Boston lose 2-0 at home to Chorley on Saturday. The bloke a few seats down said to me he had seen the Chorley number 9 a couple of weeks ago and he was quality.

That Chorley number 9 is Harry Cardwell. He lead the line up front well, was closing down from the front and showing good movement.

I've seen Sisay play for Cleethorpes and he isn't an upgrade on Cardwell. Given that Rose was getting games and Jackson Jr isn't, that suggests he isn't an upgrade on Rose either.
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 31
Honestly don't see that hes far from being wrong in all fairness.

He's pointed out we aren't good enough in the final third - true. However we conceded a  deflected free kick and a penalty and the game was hardly a pasting from the top of the league. Also were obviously void of confidence so what else is he going to say.

We deserved far more than we got on Saturday and have lost to the top sides in the league. I get there are obvious problems but not as big as some make out.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 9, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 32
I have had a bit of a pop at Ollie on a couple of threads but to be fair it's not all down to him that we are struggling .

Yes he dictates how he wants us to play which the players are unable to forfill.

To blame him on recruitment is only partly true he though he had done well to get rid of two players and bring in three.

The trouble lies with the budget he was given or agreed to. It's not enough to either have the amount of players in the squad or to have a smaller squad with better players.

Good luck to him in January in finding the right players to bring in and sending the right players out who we do not need.

I think he will find it harder than he realises.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 9, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have had a bit of a pop at Ollie on a couple of threads but to be fair it's not all down to him that we are struggling .

Yes he dictates how he wants us to play which the players are unable to forfill.

To blame him on recruitment is only partly true he though he had done well to get rid of two players and bring in three.

The trouble lies with the budget he was given or agreed to. It's not enough to either have the amount of players in the squad or to have a smaller squad with better players.

Good luck to him in January in finding the right players to bring in and sending the right players out who we do not need.

I think he will find it harder than he realises.

I'm not convinced the budget is all that low with how many players we have on the books. Looking at codalmighty, we have 31 players on the books (after Ohman and Mohsni have left). The salary cap is £1.5 million, which means the average wage we're paying is lower than £1k a week. Some of the younger players will be on significantly less than this, but there are a good few that are on a lot more. How close we are will depend on what we're paying the loanees, but there is very little room to manoeuvre with a hard salary cap and we can't be that far off it. I can't imagine anybody believes the board told Ollie to sign so many players, so a significant portion of the fault has to be with Ollie.

With vaccines and the unlikely suspension of football again, we need to give whatever money there is available to bring in some quality and reduce the squad size
Posted by: forza ivano, December 9, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Yes, because of what he achieved last January when he had very little time to evaluate and act.
He brought in Clark, Grandin, Benson and Glennon and to a lesser extent Tilley

#this time he's known for a couple of months what we are lacking and who he needs to bring in
Posted by: easypeersy, December 9, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 35
This team is dog excrement.
Can only hope that Southend and one other continue to be big dog excrement!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 9, 2020, 6:55pm; Reply: 36
Not having this cardwell would  be our saviour bull sh!t, he wasn't good enough..

Everyone was saying he needs to move on to a lower level and now all of a sudden he should have stayed?

Come on chaps just because we are excrement it doesn't excuse wanting players who couldn't do anything when they was here to come back and bang the goals in.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 9, 2020, 7:03pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Not having this cardwell would  be our saviour bull sh!t, he wasn't good enough..

Everyone was saying he needs to move on to a lower level and now all of a sudden he should have stayed?

Come on chaps just because we are excrement it doesn't excuse wanting players who couldn't do anything when they was here to come back and bang the goals in.

I don't think anyone has actually said we should get Cardwell back, just the point that probably he and certainly Rose are better if not far better than some of the lot we have now which is worrying that players not deemed good enough but were unlikely to be on high wages have been replaced by players that are nowhere near as good..
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2020, 7:14pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't think anyone has actually said we should get Cardwell back, just the point that probably he and certainly Rose are better if not far better than some of the lot we have now which is worrying that players not deemed good enough but were unlikely to be on high wages have been replaced by players that are nowhere near as good..

Cardwell and Rose were signed for their potential. It didn't materialise.

The new young lads are here for the same reason. They may or may not make the grade, who knows?

They were not brought in to be in the first team from the off, so I feel it's pointless comparing them to Cardwell and Rose, both of whom had far longer around the place than the new lads before they were discarded.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 9, 2020, 8:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

Cardwell and Rose were signed for their potential. It didn't materialise.

The new young lads are here for the same reason. They may or may not make the grade, who knows?

They were not brought in to be in the first team from the off, so I feel it's pointless comparing them to Cardwell and Rose, both of whom had far longer around the place than the new lads before they were discarded.

Isn't that what the youth team are for?

At least Cardwell and epecially Rose were on the fringes of the first team, some that have been brought in don't appear to be anywhere close.

But still, they may do a job in the National League?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 9, 2020, 9:21pm; Reply: 40
Absolutely nobody has suggested Cardwell would be our saviour just that him and Rose were at least deemed good enough to be League 2 subs. They even scored 2 or 3 goals between them.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 10, 2020, 3:57am; Reply: 41
Quoted from forza ivano

Yes, because of what he achieved last January when he had very little time to evaluate and act.
He brought in Clark, Grandin, Benson and Glennon and to a lesser extent Tilley

#this time he's known for a couple of months what we are lacking and who he needs to bring in

he's known since the summer.....
Posted by: aldi_01, December 10, 2020, 6:15am; Reply: 42
I’m beginning to think the excuses we’ve heard have been peddled so often because even as he was bringing them in during the summer he knew they weren’t good enough.

As a club we went for quantity over quality because of the alleged challenging fixture list.

I don’t believe for a minute that the vast majority of those brought in would’ve been anywhere near our squad prior to Covid. Couple that with the stark reality of difficulty of recruiting at a club like town, then the club openly saying, and being proud of offering Covid contracts can’t have helped.

I don’t know if he believes that by saying it was a good performance it’s some pseudo reverse psychology or if he genuinely believes not laying a glove on an opponent at home is a good performance.

Holloway’s bluster and hyperbole is funny when he’s not your manager but when you’re an awful side, desperate for a win and can’t even fathom a shot, lack any shape or seemingly any ideas it can be frustrating to listen to.

The next few fixtures are make or break, using a semi recruitment drive in January is not an excuse or justifiable response to being woeful. There’s no guarantee it’ll be fruitful and at the minute I’m not sure what the plan ever is and I think at times that is very much witnessed on the pitch.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 10, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m beginning to think the excuses we’ve heard have been peddled so often because even as he was bringing them in during the summer he knew they weren’t good enough.

As a club we went for quantity over quality because of the alleged challenging fixture list.

I don’t believe for a minute that the vast majority of those brought in would’ve been anywhere near our squad prior to Covid. Couple that with the stark reality of difficulty of recruiting at a club like town, then the club openly saying, and being proud of offering Covid contracts can’t have helped.

I don’t know if he believes that by saying it was a good performance it’s some pseudo reverse psychology or if he genuinely believes not laying a glove on an opponent at home is a good performance.

Holloway’s bluster and hyperbole is funny when he’s not your manager but when you’re an awful side, desperate for a win and can’t even fathom a shot, lack any shape or seemingly any ideas it can be frustrating to listen to.

The next few fixtures are make or break, using a semi recruitment drive in January is not an excuse or justifiable response to being woeful. There’s no guarantee it’ll be fruitful and at the minute I’m not sure what the plan ever is and I think at times that is very much witnessed on the pitch.

I was just looking at the fixtures. Lose the next 4 (3 at home) and I wouldn't be surprised if IH would be gone by the 1st January.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 10, 2020, 6:36pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I never said that Cardwell would be our saviour. I said that Cardwell lead the line well for Chorley last week and someone told me he was unstoppable a couple of weeks before.

Chorley play 2 levels below us and 2 levels above Cleethorpes Town. Sisay didn't look good enough for Cleethorpes Town when I saw him.
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:41pm