Croxton
September 8, 2020, 8:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from aldi_01
Mine were paid for yesterday, and I managed to convince our friends to buy theirs putting our bubble up to 4.

Ticket office were decent to be fair, it’s very obvious they didn’t have a clue what the content of the letter was going to say and are now, as usual dealing with the shitty end of the stick caused by people out of touch and clueless to everything.

My mum made the trip and said they were honest about the letter and understood the frustrations and in some cases, anger from fans. Many of us have a dig at the club and it’s pretty much entirely justified but these poor fornicators aren’t the ones who need the excrement, it’s the people above them. They seemed to reiterate several times that they had nothing to do with any of the planning.

I reiterate my point about the price increase being dropped on folk and I think, reading between the lines that is having an affect on sales and that’s entirely understandable, plus the unpredictability; perhaps the powers that be could’ve removed themselves from their ivory tower and spoke to the very staff they furloughed who acruslly deal with the fans day in day out and asked what they Thought the reaction may be to a price increase.

Folk are disgruntled about the fact they may be placed elsewhere, the short notice and again, the letter is confusing and overly complicated.

Confusion is pretty common to other clubs too but for perhaps for different reasons. Every club has similar FAQ's and enhanced behaviour codes. The key difference has been that they started educating fans earlier about the changes. Some released ST renewals very soon to get some cash in and then paused until they did their sums re EFL protocols.
Bradford set out a bold target, froze prices, and divided their fans into 'red' and 'amber' as a way of sharing games fairly. It''s not perfect but at least far less random than a ballot. Their ST average is 14000 and their capacity set at 7000. The club have updated the fans on numbers sold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 233
Stadium
September 8, 2020, 4:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
When do we find out if we are “lucky” in obtaining a ticket, does anyone know?

Do we have an update of renewals applied for?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 233
pizzzza
September 8, 2020, 5:45pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Stadium

Do we have an update of renewals applied for?

I suppose by now we'd usually have had Steve Wraith on the back page of the GT announcing "record-breaking" sales...
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 233
blundellpork
September 8, 2020, 5:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from pizzzza

I suppose by now we'd usually have had Steve Wraith on the back page of the GT announcing "record-breaking" sales...

This year offers huge potential for most season ticket sales during a pandemic, or most sold in September.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 233
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket packs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.