Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket packs
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 198 Guests

Season ticket packs

This thread currently has 36,788 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 2, 2020, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst I understand that perhaps allocating larger social bubbles first would in some way make sense, it penalises folk. My bubble could be 5 but 3 have decided against purchasing a ST therefor that leaves only two of us through no fault of our own...should people in that situation be penalised or pushed further down a list for something that’s not their fault?

ST’s have never technically been allowed to be given to someone else but it’s been happening forever...at all levels. I understand this is arguably about track and trace but it will happen still and I’m not sure how the club can fully enforce it...

It’s becoming more confusing as it goes on and with people still believing that by paying that’s a guarantee then it could get really messy with some very disgruntled folk...some might argue that whilst length of time holding a ST doesn’t make you more or less than a fan, the prospect that someone who’s held one for over 25 years seems harsh.

Anxiety amongst fans is clearly there, is that anyone’s fault? Perhaps not but it’s very understandable.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 233
GYinScuntland
September 3, 2020, 2:49am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Bubbles, ballots, track and control.
No shouting, no singing.
What a joyless experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 233
Boris Johnson
September 3, 2020, 4:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Glad I've decided to initially watch the games on iFollow, I'm one of those classed as a "Billy no mates".

Sometimes my wife attends games with me but that's it so probably well down the list anyway.

I'm going to see how it goes and consider buying a half-season ticket later on.

whats the deal with I Follow....

are games at 3pm on a Saturday going to be made available?  I know the Morecambe game is on, on Saturday,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 233
bax
September 3, 2020, 8:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Those with season tickets will get codes or links for the home league games that they cannot are in person.

Cup games are separate so need to be paid for separately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 233
pen penfras
September 3, 2020, 8:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Boris Johnson

whats the deal with I Follow....

are games at 3pm on a Saturday going to be made available?  I know the Morecambe game is on, on Saturday,

Good question. I can't remember whether it seemed like only games not open to fans were on, or if only those games were free to STH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 233
lew chaterleys lover
September 3, 2020, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
My "bubble " of two have decided against renewing for the time being for some of the reasons already mentioned.

The joy of going to the match has been stripped bare and in our estimation will be more like going to a series of friendly games in terms of atmosphere etc.

I know the club dont make the rules but the restrictions aren't our cup of tea and seem excessive for an outdoor venue.  I noticed some things in the pack were left open including the wearing of masks and other restrictions might yet come in. Like a poster above said- seems a recipe for a depressing and soulless experience.

Added to all that there is a price increase, the chance albeit slight of losing your money in the event of further lockdown, and the letter came across that GTFC was a charity where we do all the giving and they do all the taking.

The board are negligent for relying on one man to have such a hold over the club.It   sticks in the craw that he is happy to allow people to lose their hard earned income in case of a lockdown when he is protecting his own stake in the club. He should have secured other investors by now.

Our season tickets are being held for when normality returns and that is when we will buy them.
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 233
pizzzza
September 3, 2020, 9:39am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
My "bubble " of two have decided against renewing for the time being for some of the reasons already mentioned.

The joy of going to the match has been stripped bare and in our estimation will be more like going to a series of friendly games in terms of atmosphere etc.

I know the club dont make the rules but the restrictions aren't our cup of tea and seem excessive for an outdoor venue.  I noticed some things in the pack were left open including the wearing of masks and other restrictions might yet come in. Like a poster above said- seems a recipe for a depressing and soulless experience.

Added to all that there is a price increase, the chance albeit slight of losing your money in the event of further lockdown, and the letter came across that GTFC was a charity where we do all the giving and they do all the taking.

The board are negligent for relying on one man to have such a hold over the club.It   sticks in the craw that he is happy to allow people to lose their hard earned income in case of a lockdown when he is protecting his own stake in the club. He should have secured other investors by now.

Our season tickets are being held for when normality returns and that is when we will buy them.

This pretty much sums up where I am at the minute too. I will not be renewing right now, but I expect I'll be pondering this right up until the deadline next Friday. The one good thing is that they are holding 2019/20 seats until normality resumes, which is when I'll renew. I guess they'll do a "rest of season" price when that time comes. The restrictions, price rise and lack of acknowledgement for those that did not take the refund last season has been enough to put me (and my bubble) off from renewing for now.

Private Message
Reply: 206 - 233
pen penfras
September 3, 2020, 10:50am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from pizzzza

This pretty much sums up where I am at the minute too. I will not be renewing right now, but I expect I'll be pondering this right up until the deadline next Friday. The one good thing is that they are holding 2019/20 seats until normality resumes, which is when I'll renew. I guess they'll do a "rest of season" price when that time comes. The restrictions, price rise and lack of acknowledgement for those that did not take the refund last season has been enough to put me (and my bubble) off from renewing for now.

How many times does it have to be acknowledged for you to be happy? Every interview I've heard with the chairman, he's sung the praises of the fans for the fundraiser and not asking for refunds. I don't think we're going to make prime time news...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 233
GollyGTFC
September 3, 2020, 4:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Made the trip up to Blundell Park today to buy/apply for STs. Apparently the uptake has been dreadful so far. Looking like they will not even get close to selling the maximum possible sales to existing STHs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 208 - 233
Grantham_Mariner
September 3, 2020, 4:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Made the trip up to Blundell Park today to buy/apply for STs. Apparently the uptake has been dreadful so far. Looking like they will not even get close to selling the maximum possible sales to existing STHs.

I went today as well, as well as 3 season tickets, and 3 shirts I bought shares to the delight of staff. Seem that apart from buying shares through the trust I was the first to purchase any.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 233
24 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket packs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.