Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket packs
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 195 Guests

Season ticket packs

This thread currently has 36,787 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2020, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Poojah

Isn't the opposite true? Can we not get more people in the ground if there are fewer bubbles which are larger in size than a greater number of small bubbles, as that means fewer seats have to remain empty in order to enforce so called social distancing?

I'm not trying to be pedantic, that's just how I had it worked out in my head - conscious I may very well be wrong!

I sort of expect the club to allocate as many seats as possible starting with the biggest bubbles first ie Sixes then fives, fours etc. Surely it’s in everyone’s interests for them to sell as many season tickets as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 233
ginnywings
September 2, 2020, 8:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

Isn't the opposite true? Can we not get more people in the ground if there are fewer bubbles which are larger in size than a greater number of small bubbles, as that means fewer seats have to remain empty in order to enforce so called social distancing?

I'm not trying to be pedantic, that's just how I had it worked out in my head - conscious I may very well be wrong!

6 people in a bubble (I presume) then 2 empty seats, then 6 more in a bubble, then 2 empty seats again until the end of the row. Otherwise it's 1 person, 2 empty seats, 1 person, 2 empty seats. Of course bubbles might only be 2 people, but the more sat side by side means less empty seats. Unless I'm being really dumb?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 233
Poojah
September 2, 2020, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I sort of expect the club to allocate as many seats as possible starting with the biggest bubbles first ie Sixes then fives, fours etc. Surely it’s in everyone’s interests for them to sell as many season tickets as possible.

My bubble is only two which would obviously put me towards the bottom end of the priority list on that basis, however under the circumstances I'd completely understand it if that was the approach the club took and I'd go as far as to say that I hope they have the foresight to do that (or something similar)

As others have said though - don't de-prioritise children irrespective of their lower value in the immediate term. We absolutely need to get through this, but we can't afford to kill off the next generation of Town fans either.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 233
Poojah
September 2, 2020, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ginnywings

6 people in a bubble (I presume) then 2 empty seats, then 6 more in a bubble, then 2 empty seats again until the end of the row. Otherwise it's 1 person, 2 empty seats, 1 person, 2 empty seats. Of course bubbles might only be 2 people, but the more sat side by side means less empty seats. Unless I'm being really dumb?

Yeah, that's how I understand it. I may have misunderstood your original post as I thought you were suggesting that more bubbles = more availability. Apologies, my bad!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 233
ginnywings
September 2, 2020, 8:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, that's how I understand it. I may have misunderstood your original post as I thought you were suggesting that more bubbles = more availability. Apologies, my bad!

No worries. Socially distanced football matches are a new and inexact science.

More bubbles does mean more availability. If every fan applied singly, it will be the lower figure. If every fan applied as part of a 6 person bubble, it will be the higher figure quoted by the club. It will be somewhere in between of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 233
ginnywings
September 2, 2020, 9:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
The other thing i have been thinking about is the clubs insistence that tickets cannot be given to someone else if the ticket holder can't attend. Why not?

The seat is bought and paid for, and if for example one of the people in my bubble has a ST and can't attend, my nephew for example, why can't i use his ticket for a seat already paid for? Similarly, why can't someone give an individual seat to a mate, who will be socially distanced from other fans? I've often given my ST to friends and family in the past when i can't attend, and i imagine most other ST holders have, so why not now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 233
blundellpork
September 2, 2020, 9:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from ginnywings
The other thing i have been thinking about is the clubs insistence that tickets cannot be given to someone else if the ticket holder can't attend. Why not?

The seat is bought and paid for, and if for example one of the people in my bubble has a ST and can't attend, my nephew for example, why can't i use his ticket for a seat already paid for? Similarly, why can't someone give an individual seat to a mate, who will be socially distanced from other fans? I've often given my ST to friends and family in the past when i can't attend, and i imagine most other ST holders have, so why not now?

To allow track and trace if there is a flare up amongst attendees at the ground

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 233
Stadium
September 2, 2020, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

Have ST's ever been transferable under the t&c's?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 233
promotion plaice
September 2, 2020, 9:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Glad I've decided to initially watch the games on iFollow, I'm one of those classed as a "Billy no mates".

Sometimes my wife attends games with me but that's it so probably well down the list anyway.

I'm going to see how it goes and consider buying a half-season ticket later on.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 233
ginnywings
September 2, 2020, 9:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Stadium

Have ST's ever been transferable under the t&c's?

Dunno, but everyone does it. Non attendees can donate unused tickets back to the club for re-sale. Suppose that way they can add said person to the track and trace list, and make another 20 odd quid into the bargain.

Makes sense now I've given it some thought, so fair enough, that answers my question.

Strange times are these.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 233
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket packs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.