Cayman_mariner
September 27, 2017, 8:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970
Just what is to blame at bp ? .......itv digital was so long ago most young fans don't even know what it is ......... managers ?  They can't all be crap ..  fans ? They raised 100k when all seemed lost  .......  the ground ?  Yes it is a excrement hole but it shouldn't have too much effect on the pitch ? ....... the players ? Some are better than others but they didn't asked to be signed did they ?  Could be the manager then ?  Any ideas anyone because I'm looking for a common link into why we have been utter excrement for 15 years ??

It's Henry, the mild-mannered janitor!!

[img]http://media.tenor.co/images/0e98aa0e5f21b381a64c520e02ea5e32/raw[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 77
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2017, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from friskneymariner

Had you been there last night I am sure you would have heard plenty round you expressing their discontent.

Considering he wasn't well and the amount of years Barra has been following Town and going H&A I think thats a cheap shot!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 77
ginnywings
September 27, 2017, 9:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Meza

With me struggling to get to any games this season, i wonder Ginny, if the match has a slight "reserve game to it" i will need to watch full match highlights to see if the football is as bad as whats been said.  I can remember, even during when Shaun Pearson was in the side that we never really played much from the back, but instead playing it long.  It would frustrate me when the defenders that had time either decided to play it back to McKeown, who would then launch it long, or play it long themselves.  I'm trying to remember what the defenders did during Buckleys days.

Still it wouldn't surprise me that come Saturday we'll end up stuffing the imps and playing some good football too lol.

Funnily enough, someone made that comment last night. Said it feels like a well attended reserve game or a pre season friendly.

There doesn't seem to be any mavericks in football now. Someone like Pouton or Cumming to get you out of your seat. It feels like 22 massive blokes who are super fit trying to kick a football to death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 77
friskneymariner
September 27, 2017, 9:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
It was not meant to a cheap shot but  a factual response,I sit very near him and I heard plenty of people expressing their discontent,please not not ascribe motives to my post which were not there.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 77
TownSNAFU5
September 27, 2017, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,878
Gold Stars: 42
With hindsight, one thing we should have done is moved to a new ground in the 1980s, when we were successful and had move money.  "You should fix a house roof in the summer, not the winter".

The Main Stand was built in 1901 and was already decayed by then.  It was not rocket-science that we needed a new ground even then.  This would have produced increased and new commercial and income steams for the Club.

Even then the eBoard lacked ambition and a strategic vision or plan.

Instead we demolished the Barratt Stand (which had no foundations) built the Upper Findus stand as a compromise.  The lack of toilets and severe conjestion between the stairs and the facilities is criminal.

Who wants to bring their families to BP?

We could have contributed some income to a new stadium with the wages spent on an expensive Chinaman. We were also unlucky not to get a fair tribunal deal for Kevin Drinkell.  

The vast majority of clubs who have invested in new stadiums have prospered and got out of Division 2.  Some such as Hull, Brighton and Bradford etc have got to the Premiership.  Donney and Scunny got to the Championship.   Only Coventry have made a complete disaster of getting a new stadium.

A new stadium in the 1980s would have prevented us going up the same path now with less money and fewer fans.  I also think that BP is not only unattractive for fans, but does not show ambition to potential new players.

(I have ignored the impact of managers over the years and the appointment of these managers).  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 77
KingstonMariner
September 27, 2017, 9:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
This is absolutely fukin hilarious people are moaning about the football being boring and the club not moving forward hmm...... feels exactly like the regurgitated topics on here.

And people moaning about the moaning!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 77
HertsGTFC
September 27, 2017, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Funnily enough, someone made that comment last night. Said it feels like a well attended reserve game or a pre season friendly.

There doesn't seem to be any mavericks in football now. Someone like Pouton or Cumming to get you out of your seat. It feels like 22 massive blokes who are super fit trying to kick a football to death.

Bit in bold is bang on for me, though from what we have seen so far Osborne has a bit about him, all being well he will be fit soon. Maybe the game needs less strength and conditioning?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 77
GYinScuntland
September 27, 2017, 9:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GrimRob
After six years of non-stop promotion campaigns and three managers last season it's going to take time to build up momentum again! The class of 2016 has gone, somebody (whether that is RS remains to be seen) needs to be given the time to move us up from our lower mid-table perch. It might take another six years. Hull were in this division for nine years I think in the 90s, and for most of that time were nowhere near the top!

Cracking spin on trying to claw our way out of non league obscurity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 77
Mariner Ronnie
September 27, 2017, 9:20pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Cracking spin on trying to claw our way out of non league obscurity.

Ah scuntland! Thoroughly enjoyed the match last Wednesday, fantastic experience, shame the football wasn't up to scratch, but would easily go again, sold that spare ticket to a Turk at stellingen station for €10 but was plenty of empty seats. Love the fact you can have beer and watch the game, atmosphere was second to none!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 77
barralad
September 27, 2017, 9:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from friskneymariner
It was not meant to a cheap shot but  a factual response,I sit very near him and I heard plenty of people expressing their discontent,please not not ascribe motives to my post which were not there.

It 's OK I didn't consider it any sort of cheap shot. Our little corner of the Pontoon is hardly known for raging positivity though is it?  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blame

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.