This thread currently has 9,654 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
September 27, 2017, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Answers ? Ideas ?    I'm just an arm chair supporter .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 77
louth_in_the_south
September 27, 2017, 7:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
The reaction on here is just getting a joke . There's some people who are bordering on the hysterical. It's embarrassing to read now . Tell you what how about doing something positive at home games and try and create a positive atmosphere instead of fooking sitting there whinging like sad tw.ats

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
barralad
September 27, 2017, 7:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from chaos33
Ooh great - more of the same old moaning sh1t from fleabag and friends. We haven't had a thread like this for at least three hours where the same 10 people can post a load of repetitive, bitter, unbalanced, spiteful and boring old to$$. Have you got any answers or ideas smart guy?

It's becoming totally boring now to the clear detriment of this once bloody good message board. GTFC might not be the only entity that is stagnating.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
ginnywings
September 27, 2017, 7:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
As i have said before, most teams of our standing spend the majority of seasons just pootling about in mid table, with the occasional good season and a few bad ones thrown in. There are 23 other teams in the league, all with a squad of professionals, all trying their damnedest to win games of football by fair means or foul.

It's not so much the results that bother me as the boring football we have to endure for most of the games. It's lacking excitement at BP and i think that is more of a concern and the reason gates are suffering. It's just flat most of the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 7:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from barralad

It's becoming totally boring now to the clear detriment of this once bloody good message board. GTFC might not be the only entity that is stagnating.

It may be better confined to less threads, I grant you that but I've never heard so much bad feeling as I did last night. No matter what gloss you put on it, there appears to be very little positivity towards the club at present. Results may be very similar to last season but performances aren't, we just look like Slade season 1 from 13 years ago. Personally, I've invested in 3 season tickets this season and, 5 games in, I wish I hadn't bothered - there's no plan on the pitch, there's no plan off the pitch and instead of planning to make something happen, our plan is to wait for something to happen. 15 years of a plan that's not worked - does that work for you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
barralad
September 27, 2017, 8:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Ahh Sole

It may be better confined to less threads, I grant you that but I've never heard so much bad feeling as I did last night. No matter what gloss you put on it, there appears to be very little positivity towards the club at present. Results may be very similar to last season but performances aren't, we just look like Slade season 1 from 13 years ago. Personally, I've invested in 3 season tickets this season and, 5 games in, I wish I hadn't bothered - there's no plan on the pitch, there's no plan off the pitch and instead of planning to make something happen, our plan is to wait for something to happen. 15 years of a plan that's not worked - does that work for you?

I think I'm intelligent enough to get the message from one thread. What doesn't work for me is reading the same thing on thread after thread. I've been around long enough to see far worse than the way things are panning out after 10 games.  The response to the current situation is wildly disproportionate and given that there seems to be a core of a dozen or so posters repeating the same stuff maybe not as well supported as you might think.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
friskneymariner
September 27, 2017, 8:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The reaction on here is just getting a joke . There's some people who are bordering on the hysterical. It's embarrassing to read now . Tell you what how about doing something positive at home games and try and create a positive atmosphere instead of fooking sitting there whinging like sad tw.ats

Who gave you the god given right to decide what is or isn't appropriate to debate on here,what part of discussion forum are you having trouble with.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
Teesknees
September 27, 2017, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
We seem to live in a very toxic blame culture these days! We have to blame something or someone!  But who's to blame for that!

Are the other 23 teams in Division 2 saying the same thing week in week out!  

We were in division 4 when I started watching town in the late 60's and early 70's and must have been poor some weeks and better some other weeks that's what division 4 teams were like and that's what we're like now! I can't remember thinking who's to blame!

I haven't had a very good day at work, the woman on the post office on the way home gave me a funny look so maybe it was her fault! Or I'll blame the cat as he's here so must have done something wrong at some point which contributed to my bad day! Ultimately it must be my parents fault.. b stards!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 8:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from barralad

I think I'm intelligent enough to get the message from one thread. What doesn't work for me is reading the same thing on thread after thread. I've been around long enough to see far worse than the way things are panning out after 10 games.  The response to the current situation is wildly disproportionate and given that there seems to be a core of a dozen or so posters repeating the same stuff maybe not as well supported as you might think.

Haven't we all? Trouble is that it's about opinions and mine, and several near me last night, is that we look like a team that will struggle not thrive this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
GrimRob
September 27, 2017, 8:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
After six years of non-stop promotion campaigns and three managers last season it's going to take time to build up momentum again! The class of 2016 has gone, somebody (whether that is RS remains to be seen) needs to be given the time to move us up from our lower mid-table perch. It might take another six years. Hull were in this division for nine years I think in the 90s, and for most of that time were nowhere near the top!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blame

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.