September 27, 2017, 10:50pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Missing my first Lincoln game ever as flying out 5am Friday, playing Bremen in the Norderby.
Glad you enjoyed it, knew you would and did you notice the relaxed atmosphere with the Old Bill?
Mind you there never is trouble with Dortmund because of what's happened in the past.
Saying that though, can you imagine the police overkill if someone had died in a previous fixture say between Town and Lincoln? instead of treating the fans as adults.
It's a completely different experience.

Must have seen about 10 all night. Plenty of friendly stewards.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
1mickylyons
September 28, 2017, 7:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from arryarryarry

These so called core of a dozen or more posters must be sat near each other in the Youngs stand as there were several shouts of "this is crap" and "sort it Fenty".

The Main stand was the same one bloke even shouted to RS about getting the ball on the floor cos he couldn't see it in the fog.Dave Moore at that point had to look away he was nearly dying with laughter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
1mickylyons
September 28, 2017, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
You would like to think with RS being an experienced Manager he has a game plan. I don`t like his traditional style of play personally BUT he will pick up more than enough points to keep us away from danger playing that way.I can only speculate but I assume we are in transistion til he gets enough players in of his type and enough players out to afford them before he makes a move on League 1. I would bet this time next Season Town are top 6 and challenging for top 3 whether the fans will back this and stick it out treading water so to speak for 12 Months is questionable? Looking back over the years one thing as stood out usually before we go on a Promotion charge we often have some success in a Cup prior. Now if RS could get us to at least round 3 of the FA Cup and a game against a Prem team..................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
moosey_club
September 28, 2017, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from friskneymariner
Perhaps one of the underlying reasons that there are so many threads about this is that a significant number of fans are experiencing anomie due to their constant disenfranchisement and need a cathartic outlet.

Is that a rival to the McArthur Glen chain ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
louth_in_the_south
September 28, 2017, 9:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Town will finish in the top half this season . The of Asante will be like a new signing and guarantee goals .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
rancido
September 28, 2017, 1:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You would like to think with RS being an experienced Manager he has a game plan. I don`t like his traditional style of play personally BUT he will pick up more than enough points to keep us away from danger playing that way.I can only speculate but I assume we are in transistion til he gets enough players in of his type and enough players out to afford them before he makes a move on League 1. I would bet this time next Season Town are top 6 and challenging for top 3 whether the fans will back this and stick it out treading water so to speak for 12 Months is questionable? Looking back over the years one thing as stood out usually before we go on a Promotion charge we often have some success in a Cup prior. Now if RS could get us to at least round 3 of the FA Cup and a game against a Prem team..................

Maybe a fair point but he has signed 11 new players and re-signed 2 so one could conclude that these are his type of players.
I don't like the " blame game culture " that exists these days because mostly there are too many variable factors to pin things down to one specific thing. Having said that what happens on the pitch is down to the players and those players are coached and selected to play by the manager. I make no bones about the fact that I never wanted " The Nearly Man " back and I think his choice of players, tactics and results indicate ( at least to me anyway ) that he is past his best ( just like professional footballers do in the twilight of their careers).

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
louth_in_the_south
September 28, 2017, 8:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
It looks to me like he hasn't found his best 11 with the changes made each week . Or possibly he has to keep changing the team to raise performances each week to get the most out the squad .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
chaos33
September 28, 2017, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from ginnywings

That's why i said "feels like". The little guys like Dembele struggle to make an impact in the game nowadays. Small skillful players don't prosper in the English game generally, which is probably why he ended up at the Nike academy in the first place.

Dave Gilbert did alright though 20 odd years ago. Maybe we should get Dembele watching Diddy vids!  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
Maringer
September 29, 2017, 9:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,471
Gold Stars: 185
There are some similarities between Gilbert and Dembele. Both like to beat the defender several times before doing anything with the ball!

Different types of player though. Gilbert was a bit stockier but I can still remember games where he never got going if the full-back had the nouse to give him a hefty whack early on (of the sort which would probably draw a red card in today's game!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
grimps
September 29, 2017, 10:07am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
I blame the council for not helping us get a ground 20 years ago when we was a championship club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blame

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.