Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 342 Guests

Paul Hurst

This thread currently has 39,651 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
October 4, 2017, 7:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
As a fan at the present I feel totally disconnected from the Board,the Manager and yes even the Team,there is an terminal apathy permeating this club.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 213
headingly_mariner
October 4, 2017, 7:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

I really think that some on here must have a photo of PH on top of the screen and every so often look at it put their hands in their pants and pleasure themselves.

He left on his own accord to go to a higher league club on more than likely higher wages, a club that has far better facilities than BP.

I think JF said after the Burton game that we would likely lose £500,000 per season being out of the Football League so the priority must have been to spend cash on the players in the hope that we would return. Considering it took 6 years any cash on preparing for our actual return would have been a waste of cash.

No not really and PH probably didn't either.

I'm not suggesting we should've had one before we were promoted, but it certainly should've been planned for in the event of a promotion. The murmurings from those in charge were that it wasn't something that was needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 213
sydney
October 4, 2017, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
This is developing into a very important thread
PH has proved to us and the football world his promotions are no flukes I wish him well but I wish there had been some way we could have negotiated him staying
Maybe he wanted to leave as he saw the ambition at the club not matching his own
Shrews where no bigger club than us at the time but their future seems so much brighter than ours at this time
This situation over the last year or so perhaps shows the current dilemma at the club finds itself in without the ambition and cash to back it up. Or seemingly anyone else with John and the board to provide a long term strategy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 213
headingly_mariner
October 4, 2017, 7:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barralad

No it's because I've gone into great length in two long posts as to why I don't agree with your assertion that it is a display of ineffective management not to have prepared for the return back to the football league in the way you think they should've done. It's not very often I agree with Harry x 3 but the bit in blue in his last post nails it for me.

Fair enough. I was just curious as to what confidence you have in the current leadership.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 213
buckstown
October 4, 2017, 7:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
Maybe PH was simply flattered that a team in a league above wanted him. Compare that to the personal abuse he got from 60% of the so called supporters on here
Even if Shrewsbury went down it was expected and he could rebuild. If they stayed up he would be seen as some sort of miracle worker. Plus when someone wants you, the negotiating position is simple. I want this, this, this and that much please. Easy peasy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 213
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2017, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from sydney
This is developing into a very important thread
PH has proved to us and the football world his promotions are no flukes I wish him well but I wish there had been some way we could have negotiated him staying
Maybe he wanted to leave as he saw the ambition at the club not matching his own
Shrews where no bigger club than us at the time but their future seems so much brighter than ours at this time
This situation over the last year or so perhaps shows the current dilemma at the club finds itself in without the ambition and cash to back it up. Or seemingly anyone else with John and the board to provide a long term strategy

Agree with most of this but to be honest in reality he went to a bigger club, maybe not one with a history as long as ours but one that had been in league 1 for a while had a decent ground a bit of cash behind them and a good if not smallish fan base.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 213
Mendonca1995
October 4, 2017, 8:20pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
don't people remember it took hurst how many years to get us promotion. !!! Bignot was given 5 minutes because johns right hand man became available it's funny old board we have here and I hope he's made the right descision for the first time in 20+ years !!  

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 213
ginnywings
October 4, 2017, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
He'd been here much longer than most managers last at a club and maybe he was ready for a new challenge. He was offered League 1 footy, almost certainly more money, better ground, better facilities and a nice part of the country. He's gone, he's doing well, good luck to the guy but time to move on methinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 213
sydney
October 4, 2017, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Agree
Nothing we can do and I will leave it there but I worry that the board and ambition of the club hasn't and doesn't move on and somehow someway that needs to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 213
Ahh Sole
October 4, 2017, 9:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from ginnywings
He'd been here much longer than most managers last at a club and maybe he was ready for a new challenge. He was offered League 1 footy, almost certainly more money, better ground, better facilities and a nice part of the country. He's gone, he's doing well, good luck to the guy but time to move on methinks.

Well we have moved on, and moved on again. Or rather back 12 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 213
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.