Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 148 Guests

Paul Hurst

This thread currently has 39,634 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 25, 2017, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from sam gy
'We only finished 4th'

Seriously, get over yourselves. We were promoted. Really, who cares where we finished??

And for any heavy defeat there must have been a couple of very high scoring wins. I remember us putting 7ish past Mansfield, Stockport, Halifax off the top of my head. But lets not concentrate on that.

Just ignore them Paul and don't let it get you down.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 213
Abdul19
September 25, 2017, 9:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
*pedant alert*

Mansfield was Neil Woods

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 213
excusebeef
September 25, 2017, 10:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I'm pleased he's doing well. And pleased for the ex town players. The Halifax away game tarnished my view on our lots support that season with the abuse the players got. I was angry at the performance that day but the language aimed at the manager and players was shocking. They deserved better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 213
grimsby pete
September 26, 2017, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Abdul19
*pedant alert*

Mansfield was Neil Woods

Yes it was and the next game we won 6-1 at Histon,

So that proves even a rubbish manager can get a few good results.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 213
grimsby pete
September 26, 2017, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He's not the only one is he Pete?

I thought I was a happy clapper  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 213
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 26, 2017, 12:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Alfreton 7.0 just after gateshead away 6.1

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 213
sam gy
September 26, 2017, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,475
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just ignore them Paul and don't let it get you down.

*Cups ear* It's ok mate, I can't really hear them from up here.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 213
1mickylyons
September 26, 2017, 1:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from excusebeef
I'm pleased he's doing well. And pleased for the ex town players. The Halifax away game tarnished my view on our lots support that season with the abuse the players got. I was angry at the performance that day but the language aimed at the manager and players was shocking. They deserved better.

I remember the night when we drew 0-0 vs Morecambe and made it to Wembley.I was late finishing work so went straight to the ground and got in about 6.45pm I went and sat in the Main stand near the old press box. Buckley was in there on his own deep in thought looking out over the pitch and I wanted to speak to him and offer him some encouragement ( I couldn`t though cos he had like a glow about him he knew his stuff he didn`t need me or the fans just his players to listen).That team was arguably the worst squad of players we have ever seen assembled yet somehow he moulded them into a team and that image of Buckley was why for me even though he was never all about the fans you could warm to him still.

Fast forward to Wembley and PH when he cupped his ears I felt very bitter and betrayed (I admit I wanted him gone after the Braintree home game) . I had bought Season tickets for his last 2 years as Manager for the first time since Buckley was sacked. I had believed in him I wanted to back him and his team he had at last assembled a team worthy of our support PH had his reasons for cupping his ears I don`t dispute that but his players and those supporters who had backed him deserved better.PH never had that glow for me and I could never see him being accepted back here.I hope PH goes onto have a successful career and this was his Launchpad but being honest the football was usually pretty dour and will never ever be remembered for it`s beauty.

Football is the beautiful game and for GTFC fans of a certain age that belongs to Buckley.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 213
HertsGTFC
September 26, 2017, 3:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I remember the night when we drew 0-0 vs Morecambe and made it to Wembley.I was late finishing work so went straight to the ground and got in about 6.45pm I went and sat in the Main stand near the old press box. Buckley was in there on his own deep in thought looking out over the pitch and I wanted to speak to him and offer him some encouragement ( I couldn`t though cos he had like a glow about him he knew his stuff he didn`t need me or the fans just his players to listen).That team was arguably the worst squad of players we have ever seen assembled yet somehow he moulded them into a team and that image of Buckley was why for me even though he was never all about the fans you could warm to him still.

Fast forward to Wembley and PH when he cupped his ears I felt very bitter and betrayed (I admit I wanted him gone after the Braintree home game) . I had bought Season tickets for his last 2 years as Manager for the first time since Buckley was sacked. I had believed in him I wanted to back him and his team he had at last assembled a team worthy of our support PH had his reasons for cupping his ears I don`t dispute that but his players and those supporters who had backed him deserved better.PH never had that glow for me and I could never see him being accepted back here.I hope PH goes onto have a successful career and this was his Launchpad but being honest the football was usually pretty dour and will never ever be remembered for it`s beauty.

Football is the beautiful game and for GTFC fans of a certain age that belongs to Buckley.UTM

Players inc Town ones from time to time cup their ears on a regular basis.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 213
Dan
September 26, 2017, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from GRIMSBY TOWN FANS
I don't care that we won at Wembley and got promoted. I spat out my flask of tea in rage when Paul Hurst cupped his ear. Totally ruined the day for me and I will never forgive the man for being from Yorkshire.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 213
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.