mariner91
August 26, 2017, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Grimal

I doubt if  it's the £250K that is the reason for Lincolns upturn, obviously it would have helped but I'd put it down to having a very good young up and coming management team in the Cowley brothers.

Surely that is the whole point I was making? He didn't invest much but I'm reliably informed that he was a leading factor in them chasing the Cowleys because he's clearly got a decent brain and knows how to run a club. You don't need to invest millions if you appoint the right manager and don't have to pay off countless shite players that you've handed out two year contracts to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 84
friskneymariner
August 26, 2017, 9:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Seriously can someone explain to me how we are better off now than under Bignot.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
Abdul19
August 26, 2017, 9:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Gaffer58
Slade was cheap, ie out of a job so cost sweet fa, Fenty congratulating himself on a good bit of business.

Although he had to sack 3 people to appoint him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 84
Swansea_Mariner
August 26, 2017, 9:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from friskneymariner
Seriously can someone explain to me how we are better off now than under Bignot.

It doesn't look like we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91
Hence why I didn't call them benign. If he truly didn't want it hanging over the club like a bad smell, essentially giving him control because anyone knows they would either have to pay him off or let him have his way each time, then he'd write them off. The fact he hasn't speaks volumes.

Exactly - but to re-iterate what's been said before, no-one with £3 million plus what they're willing to invest is making a beeline to sunny Cleethorpes to invest in a football club with so little going for it. GTFC is in my blood and it's dying on its' bottom in front of my eyes.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 84
mariner91
August 26, 2017, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
If Fenty truly cared about the club he would make it publically known that at no point does he want his loans paying back, he'd write them off. By now most of that must be from his own shite decisions anyway so how he can reasonably expect to get it back is beyond me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 84
GrimRob
August 26, 2017, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from friskneymariner

We're not but at least we tried. It made sense to give someone a few weeks and a whole transfer window. If an inexperienced manager doesn't work we normally go for experience in the next appointment. As neither has now worked and both are fresh in the memory, I expect JF will go for a third option, maybe a player-manager, or someone from abroad.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 84
Mariner93er
August 26, 2017, 10:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
It is the first time in a while were I've genuinely retained very little expectation of getting a result going into games. Even under bignot I had the sense we could maybe pull something out the bag. I think the issue Is, slade hasn't evolved as a manager. He's still trying methods that worked for him a decade ago, and judging by his most recent appointments, there's little chance of that changing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 10:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So, because you had your much publicised meeting with JF, that enables you to take the moral high ground. Well let's take a look at the facts, Devon, flasks, flags, Radio Humberside, The Cleethorpes Chronicle, sacking countless managers that you've mistakenly appointed etc etc. Despite various attempts at a new stadium nothing happens and we, once again, are looking down towards the National League rather than up at League 1. We've spent most of the summer signing dross for a manager that has zero promotions to his name. Oh yes, the Fenty era has been a roaring success, hasn't it?

Moral high ground? Not at all.

I would just like to know what the fook moaning about it on here will achieve. Like me, you were also invited to go see JF and you declined, so don't come over all keyboard warrior on me.

I'm as unhappy as the next fan, but unlike some, i accept there's not a right lot i can do about it, save stop going to games and what will that achieve?

And no, the cap does not fit as i am far from happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 26, 2017, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Moral high ground? Not at all.

I would just like to know what the fook moaning about it on here will achieve. Like me, you were also invited to go see JF and you declined, so don't come over all keyboard warrior on me.

I'm as unhappy as the next fan, but unlike some, i accept there's not a right lot i can do about it, save stop going to games and what will that achieve?

And no, the cap does not fit as i am far from happy.

Moaning on here will probably achieve eff all. Just the same as having an appointment with the self-appointed saviour of GTFC, It's not about being 'all keyboard warrior' - this is the future of our football club that's at stake - I'm not willing to be patronised by the man whose 'benign' loans hang over the club like the Sword of Damocles even if you are.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 2 Year plan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.