August 26, 2017, 11:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Cloudy
Don't need multi billionaires Grimal.

Just need sensible driven businessmen to get others on board. Then get the fans fully involved. Lots would love 2 invest a little.

You don't need huge sums, you need total buy in from your fans and you need a strategy and a plan. Above all you need to be united, something we are a million miles away at present.

Don't expect it to happen as JF values his role far too highly

Agree with all this but I do reckon you need millions, how many teams have grown "organically" in recent times, Brighton, Huddersfield spring to mind but they came from better starting positions than Town, decent grounds and a fan base from a large catchment for starters.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
ginnywings
August 26, 2017, 11:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How come you two got invited?

I dunno. I had a rant about the checkatrade trophy and the Mike Parker situation and JF contacted me to go in and discuss it, so i did. It's something he does when he takes exception to comments, so i imagine Old Codger said something he disagreed with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 11:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I dunno. I had a rant about the checkatrade trophy and the Mike Parker situation and JF contacted me to go in and discuss it, so i did. It's something he does when he takes exception to comments, so i imagine Old Codger said something he disagreed with.

Fair play, I do remember it was when I first started posting. Looking at the current state of affairs if he applies the same methodology  he may need to organise some form of queuing system outside his office.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
Marinerz93
August 26, 2017, 11:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Fair play, I do remember it was when I first started posting. Looking at the current state of affairs if he applies the same methodology  he may need to organise some form of queuing system outside his office.  

Only when you post something that isn't common knowledge or like posting something close to the bone that doesn't portray JF or the board in good light.

But if you are ever invited he will have pages and pages printed off what you have said and will challenge you on every page like he did Ginny.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
Quagmire
August 26, 2017, 11:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ginnywings

But my point is that we have no choice but to accept it. Where are the alternatives?

I think that directorships come up for re-election every so many years.

It's feasible that he could actually be voted off the board if sufficient shareholders vote against his re-appointment as a director (whenever that comes up).

He is majority shareholder though so I'm not sure how 'easy' it would be to do this - it will obviously need other people who feel the same way about removing him to buy up shares - but I also think that share purchases at the kind of level neeed to do this need to be agreed/sanctioned at board level, so if he sees potential share purchases as a way to dilute his majority he will be reluctant to sanction those sales.

Personally I'd like the Trust to step out of the boardroom, it's patently obvious that despite all their hard work they have little influence over club policy in the important matters (Boycott Trophy being one).

I'd like to see the Trust join forces with Mike Parker (and other individuals) and look for a way to dilute Fenty's holdings and vote him off the board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
Marinerz93
August 26, 2017, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

I think that directorships come up for re-election every so many years.

It's feasible that he could actually be voted off the board if sufficient shareholders vote against his re-appointment as a director (whenever that comes up).

He is majority shareholder though so I'm not sure how 'easy' it would be to do this - it will obviously need other people who feel the same way about removing him to buy up shares - but I also think that share purchases at the kind of level neeed to do this need to be agreed/sanctioned at board level, so if he sees potential share purchases as a way to dilute his majority he will be reluctant to sanction those sales.

Personally I'd like the Trust to step out of the boardroom, it's patently obvious that despite all their hard work they have little influence over club policy in the important matters (Boycott Trophy being one).

I'd like to see the Trust join forces with Mike Parker (and other individuals) and look for a way to dilute Fenty's holdings and vote him off the board.

A good idea but Fenty put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from MP, and whats to stop JF looting the trust again if he became out numbered in shares, and there is the £3 million someone would have to stump to remove him fully.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2017, 12:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

A good idea but Fenty put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from MP, and whats to stop JF looting the trust again if he became out numbered in shares, and there is the £3 million someone would have to stump to remove him fully.

The problem is you would need more than £3 million as we need cash to move forward after you squared his loans. Mullen never had that kind of money or the intellect to be anything but a support act which never lasts long.

We need someone with big money to come in settle the debt, fund some playing improvement, court investment for the stadium complex and then sell their stake to the other investors once the stadium project proves it's worth. Sounds easy but with a max fan base projection of what? anything between 6 and 10,000 (max)  it's just not worth the risk.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 84
Quagmire
August 27, 2017, 12:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Marinerz93

The Trust don't need to accept shares from MP, just vote alongside him and others when JFs directorship comes up for re-election.

Nobody would need to stump up the 3 million initially if the loans are as 'benign' as he claims - obviously over time the loans would need to be repaid but I don't think there would be an obligation to pay them off immediately if JF was removed from the board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 84
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2017, 12:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

The Trust don't need to accept shares from MP, just vote alongside him and others when JFs directorship comes up for re-election.

Nobody would need to stump up the 3 million initially if the loans are as 'benign' as he claims - obviously over time the loans would need to be repaid but I don't think there would be an obligation to pay them off immediately if JF was removed from the board.

Do directors need re-electing? I thought it was only the chair, treasurer and secretary in a board constitution, As JF is a "non chairman" his power base is even stronger in reality.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 84
Marinerz93
August 27, 2017, 12:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

I would wager that within a minute JF is voted off the board he'll want he loans paid in full and a short time limit placed on it. Didn't Ramsden do this with the £400k he had in loans when JF took over.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 2 Year plan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.