Quagmire
August 27, 2017, 12:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Marinerz93

I would wager that within a minute JF is voted off the board he'll want he loans paid in full and a short time limit placed on it. Didn't Ramsden do this with the £400k he had in loans when JF took over.

I think you're right, I'd expect the loan to be called in, but the club wouldn't have the means to repay the loan, so what can he do about it other than to take legal action to force the club to sell any assets it has / force the club out of business - and that isn't the action of someone who has the club at heart and who's loans are genuinely benign.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 84
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2017, 4:58am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So, because you had your much publicised meeting with JF, that enables you to take the moral high ground. Well let's take a look at the facts, Devon, flasks, flags, Radio Humberside, The Cleethorpes Chronicle, sacking countless managers that you've mistakenly appointed etc etc. Despite various attempts at a new stadium nothing happens and we, once again, are looking down towards the National League rather than up at League 1. We've spent most of the summer signing dross for a manager that has zero promotions to his name. Oh yes, the Fenty era has been a roaring success, hasn't it?

You left out the ambulance fiasco, Mighty Mariner farrago, Checkatrade Trophy "I'm not listening" stance, "the fans are not listening", Tampongate, blackmailing the Trust to give up shares (though more the fool those who voted for it) and the small matter of the LOWEST EVER LEAGUE POSITION (the previous time we were out of the League it only had two divisions).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
rancido
August 27, 2017, 8:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from grimps
We've been robbed by Fenty again , every year we wait until the end of the transfer window and end up with the dregs , I'd never get a season ticket until I see some decent signings again

That is absolute boll*x! Slade has made 10 signings and sourcing players is nothing to do with JF. It is Slade who has procrastinated in bringing players in , not JF. For all of Slades experience and contacts , it is he and he alone who has dithered in the transfer market.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
cannylad68
August 27, 2017, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I know Scunthorpe get a lot of criticism on here but, they have to be admired for their progress over the years.
It's a pity we've been unable to follow suit.

John Fenty will still be on the board, whilst he has breath in his body.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
Cloudy
August 27, 2017, 9:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
JF cannot call his loans in unless the club can afford to pay them back.This applies to all loans made by directors.

Being the majority shareholder JF effectively has total control. Mike Parker and The Trust combined don't have the capacity to oust JF ieven if they wanted.

Although Johns shareholding is less than 51% if you take account the number of (literally) dead shareholders then he has total control ( and god does he know it)

What isn't widely known is if the current budget was highly competitive and RS has wasted it, or if it was  a bottom 8 budget and that is why we haven't been able to deliver thus far
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2017, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cloudy
JF cannot call his loans in unless the club can afford to pay them back.This applies to all loans made by directors.

Being the majority shareholder JF effectively has total control. Mike Parker and The Trust combined don't have the capacity to oust JF ieven if they wanted.

Although Johns shareholding is less than 51% if you take account the number of (literally) dead shareholders then he has total control ( and god does he know it)

What isn't widely known is if the current budget was highly competitive and RS has wasted it, or if it was  a bottom 8 budget and that is why we haven't been able to deliver thus far

Maybe the 2 year plan is to go down and come back up again just to get Slade a promotion?
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
rancido
August 27, 2017, 9:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe the 2 year plan is to go down and come back up again just to get Slade a promotion?

The Nearly Man will never get a promotion as long as there is a hole in my anus ! Even MB had a promotion with Solihull and before it is pointed out that it was only a non-league club, RS couldn't achieve that when he was a non-league manager.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
Quagmire
August 27, 2017, 9:42am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Do directors need re-electing? I thought it was only the chair, treasurer and secretary in a board constitution, As JF is a "non chairman" his power base is even stronger in reality.

Directors are elected / re-elected, although I'm unsure how regular this event is.  

According to the latest available accounts (end May 2016) both Chapman and JF were up for re-election at the AGM (sometime December 2016) and were re-elected - I'm not sure when JF will come up for re-election again.

In terms of holdings, again looking at the latest accounts available, it appears JF holds 43% of issued shares.

Assuming MP still holds 500k, the Trust 300k, Mullen 130k this gives this group approx 41% of issued shares, with the remaining 16% held by 'others'.

Someone better at maths than me could (if they wanted) work out what kind of share purchase would be necessary to be in a position to vote JF off the board at the next AGM where his directorship comes up for re-election.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2017, 11:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
As others have said the main thing holding the club back are the director loans. They have stopped people taking over previously. Nobody with money wants to work with the current administration.

The honorouble thing to do would be to free the club from the debt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
malkamalka
August 27, 2017, 12:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
What the fook is a happy clapper anyway and why is it their fault?

I saw a mini bus once on the A66. It was called the "Happy Clappers Christian Revival"

Didn't realise they were Town fans  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.