Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 12,193 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
August 20, 2017, 12:08pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lukeo
Ah fair enough, well we all have our opinions. I think it's crazy they did what they did and searched little kids but my Mrs has a different view. She said if people knew they'd never check kids, if anyone was to bring anything in, whether it be a flare or even to the extreme a bomb, they'd just put it on the kid. Sounds rediculous but she does have a point. We have our views and opinions, had a nice long chat with an older chap who sits in the lower every week, we both said how everyone has their own opinion and at times we agreed to disagree on things. The main talk was the abuse to the players.

Fair enough. Though my argument would be that what kind of buffoon would hide a smoke bomb or weapon on their OWN child then use it in front of them? Usually these idiots act alone or in front of their mates.

My opinion is that I think the stewards were out to get us from the off and we're looking to shop someone. Whether you believe that or not that's up to you.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 69
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 12:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Without going into detail if they really are out to get us then change the hands on searched get a sniffer dog in.. Second away game in a row ive taken my little lad and something been going on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 69
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 12:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
To reply to you Ronnie I accept your opinion, my personal experience was fine and stewards where friendly,  but I could see behind the goal more there did seem to be alot of stuff going on in patches, I can't comment as I didn't see exactly what.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 69
HertsGTFC
August 20, 2017, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Fair enough. Though my argument would be that what kind of buffoon would hide a smoke bomb or weapon on their OWN child then use it in front of them? Usually these idiots act alone or in front of their mates.

My opinion is that I think the stewards were out to get us from the off and we're looking to shop someone. Whether you believe that or not that's up to you.

They did what a lot of clubs do, just assume that everyone is dodgy and treat them that way, they find it much easier than actually working hard to spot the bad apples.What really p1ssed me off was the fact they searched all the Town fans but none of the the home fans, not sure how they justify that to be honest.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 69
GyMariner
August 20, 2017, 1:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
You'd think professional footballers would be able to retain possession for lengthy periods of time. If I failed at the basics of my job I'd be straight out the door. It kind of worries me when I'm getting excited that we've managed to string 3,4,5 passes together in the oppositions half. I'm sorry but that should be a given.

I'm just hoping it was a blip.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 69
oldun
August 20, 2017, 3:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just seen the highlights. Macca made no attempt at all to save the third goal. For god's sake he could have caught that it was so close to him. He just waved an arm as the ball went past him. I am running out of patience with him and his member ups and then pointing angrily at any defender he an find. I am not blaming him for the defeat but come on Macca sort yourself out or young Ben will be in your place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 69
Gaffer58
August 20, 2017, 3:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Then he'll spit his dummy out and ask for a transfer!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 69
NorthseaMariner
August 20, 2017, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Yes, just seen it myself. He just watched it go close by him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 69
Kristine
August 20, 2017, 4:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Hasn't happened with GTFC but has happened with other clubs hence children are being wanded now more regularly.  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 69
Madeleymariner
August 20, 2017, 4:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Remember Slade is ace and the least he will do is set us up so we are well organised and hard to beat. His teams are always full of hard working players. The supporters of our new signings former clubs always say the players that left are rubbish but its just sour grapes because they are jealous they did not get to keep them.    UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.