Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 12,201 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 9:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I feel for the staff that have to go in today on their only day off because of the shower yesterday. Let's hope it's an extra session working on 442
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 69
EY Mariner
August 20, 2017, 9:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Been back in London for a while. Having a pint of hophouse 13 in the punch and Judy pub in Covent Garden.

I think the performance of the match overall has been pretty covered by most on here. My quarm at the mo is how their player on a yellow never got a second.

Anywho I didn't go last season as I had a hernia op. But read all post and tweets about stewards and organisation as such and took things with a pinch of salt.

But I'd love to know of the performance of the stewards were as bad today as they were last season? I haven't seen such a shambles ever except dartford.

Maybe a complaint from Mr. Fenty is in order?

I will be making a formal complaint about the stewarding and the attitude of an individual police officer. I urge everyone who was subjected to them to do the same and involve the Football Supporters Federation as well. As much as I am angry about the team's display, it is nothing compared to the disgust I feel at a security operation that made North Korea feel more welcoming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 69
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 9:26am
Season Ticket Holder
I've had a couple people from the club ask for details of what happened to a lady I was with, without going into detail to much they're going to seek advice but we'd rather just move on and forget about it, she was very embarrassed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 69
EY Mariner
August 20, 2017, 9:33am
Table Wine Drinker
I am aware of one particularly disgraceful incident, (not sure if it's what you're referring to but I won't go into detail in any event) but, for me, forgetting it is not an option. I'm not prepared to be treated like a criminal for going to support my team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 69
oldun
August 20, 2017, 9:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from lukeo
I feel for the staff that have to go in today on their only day off because of the shower yesterday. Let's hope it's an extra session working on 442

I don't they are all part of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 69
Mariner Ronnie
August 20, 2017, 10:03am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from EY Mariner

I will be making a formal complaint about the stewarding and the attitude of an individual police officer. I urge everyone who was subjected to them to do the same and involve the Football Supporters Federation as well. As much as I am angry about the team's display, it is nothing compared to the disgust I feel at a security operation that made North Korea feel more welcoming.

Before we entered the ground we even saw a kid roughly about 4 year old getting searched.
Failing that if your complaint doesn't work.

In the reverse fixture it'll be as follows:
Stevenage now pay £21.
They're seated at the front of the Harrington corner.
They have to sit in their allocated seat.
A line of stewards stand at the front of them.
They're banned from drinking alcohol in the ground.

When they raise their complaints about us we'll tell the why and then maybe they can do something about their organisation.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 69
EY Mariner
August 20, 2017, 10:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Could well be the one I was told was hiding behind his father, clearly distressed, by their attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 69
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 10:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Ronnie, I think the lad you're talking about was my lad. I thought it'd be hilarious for them to check our lads who are 4 and 8, so I told them to reach their arms in the air and go to the steward for a body search..  to be fair to the steward he looked at me funny then realised I wanted him to do it for a laugh, smiled and just cracked on with it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 69
Mariner Ronnie
August 20, 2017, 10:38am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lukeo
Ronnie, I think the lad you're talking about was my lad. I thought it'd be hilarious for them to check our lads who are 4 and 8, so I told them to reach their arms in the air and go to the steward for a body search..  to be fair to the steward he looked at me funny then realised I wanted him to do it for a laugh, smiled and just cracked on with it

This was a little girl

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 69
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 10:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Ah fair enough, well we all have our opinions. I think it's crazy they did what they did and searched little kids but my Mrs has a different view. She said if people knew they'd never check kids, if anyone was to bring anything in, whether it be a flare or even to the extreme a bomb, they'd just put it on the kid. Sounds rediculous but she does have a point. We have our views and opinions, had a nice long chat with an older chap who sits in the lower every week, we both said how everyone has their own opinion and at times we agreed to disagree on things. The main talk was the abuse to the players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.