Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 193 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 12,133 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 20, 2017, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Remember Slade is ace and the least he will do is set us up so we are well organised and hard to beat. His teams are always full of hard working players. The supporters of our new signings former clubs always say the players that left are rubbish but its just sour grapes because they are jealous they did not get to keep them.    UTM

You can now remove your tongue from your cheek I suspect 😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
Jaws
August 20, 2017, 4:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Got through airport security quicker and easier than into that excrement hole of a ground
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2017, 6:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I didn't notice any shenanigans with the stewards yesterday, only a couple going up to tell some kids something (not to stand on seats?) at the back.

It was better than last year in the there were more turnstiles open. No queue when I got there (but we were a bit late so most people were already inside).

I suppose their rationale for checking us but not the home fans is we've had muppets who've let off smoke bombs - have they?

As for the sending off, what the intercourse did Jones do? Only looked like he'd flexed his arms to get that cheating twit Gorman to get his arms off him. The ref can't have seen Jones do anything and neither could the linesman because surely competent officials would have penalised Gorman first for having Jones in a bear hug. Not once but twice at set pieces within a minute.

We deserved nowt from the game though. Utter garbage. Only player to earn his salt was Dembele. If I was Slade, I'd start by introducing the players to each other and explaining what their jobs were. Have Macca and the back four been introduced?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
gobby
August 20, 2017, 6:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Elbow straight to the stomach when waiting for the throw in. It was seen by a few Town fans who were stood straight in front of it, as I was but I think I had my head in my hands crying by this point!
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
sydney
August 20, 2017, 7:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
So why did the Stevenage player go down holding his head I wonder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2017, 3:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from sydney
So why did the Stevenage player go down holding his head I wonder

He's after a transfer to Cheltenham.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
rancido
August 21, 2017, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Remember Slade is ace and the least he will do is set us up so we are well organised and hard to beat. His teams are always full of hard working players. The supporters of our new signings former clubs always say the players that left are rubbish but its just sour grapes because they are jealous they did not get to keep them.    UTM

......and don't forget his lack of results and sacking at Coventry last season was nothing to do with him. The Board didn't like him, the fans didn't like him and the players wouldn't perform for him. I think where he went wrong was not giving out any Sunday detentions to his naughty boys.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
Cloudy
August 21, 2017, 3:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

......and don't forget his lack of results and sacking at Coventry last season was nothing to do with him. The Board didn't like him, the fans didn't like him and the players wouldn't perform for him. I think where he went wrong was not giving out any Sunday detentions to his naughty boys.

FFS give it a rest!

So you dont like Slade, his tactics or his appointment. Many feel the same but quoting the same old stuff on every thread is getting very boring now.

Maybe you and Friskney could get a room or at least skip off into the sunset together
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
friskneymariner
August 21, 2017, 4:19pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
No prophet is welcome in his hometown.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
rancido
August 21, 2017, 8:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy

FFS give it a rest!

So you dont like Slade, his tactics or his appointment. Many feel the same but quoting the same old stuff on every thread is getting very boring now.

Maybe you and Friskney could get a room or at least skip off into the sunset together

Simple answer Cumulonimbus - when you see a post by Friskney or me then don't read it!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.