6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 1, 2017, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We should have plans to built the new ground near the fish meal factory, with the away end being closest to it  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Grim up north
August 1, 2017, 8:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
All options have been done to death and new suggestions are partly to blame that add to the dithering and delay. P/Parkway has come out as the preferred option and to be fair is the easiest to access from all angles of GY/Cleethorpes . The shame is the club brings in the only publicity this Town gets that stops it going the way of Goole and other non entity's ,let's hope the council realise it's asset before the horse has bolted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
The Yard Dog
August 1, 2017, 8:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Grim up north
All options have been done to death and new suggestions are partly to blame that add to the dithering and delay. P/Parkway has come out as the preferred option and to be fair is the easiest to access from all angles of GY/Cleethorpes . The shame is the club brings in the only publicity this Town gets that stops it going the way of Goole and other non entity's ,let's hope the council realise it's asset before the horse has bolted.

Like when Butlins wanted to invest in Cleethorpes, but the council said NO, generations later, guess what the council still differ about.
One of the reasons that Pleasure Island closed was due to the opening hours it could or could not operate on a daily basis, having to close at 5pm, because of the noise to the local residents.

I can remember when we had banger racing on the same site, and also the old wooden bridge to Anthony's bank was in use, you could heard a rumbling noise every time a car went over it in Thorganby Road. If we had banger racing now, only electric cars would be allowed.

Some numpty in Daggett just recently moaning in the Evening Telegraph about the noise from trains on the light railway.

This is suppose to a holiday resort, expect in this town everything shuts at 5pm, nothing for families to do together in the evening, the way things are going, we will be the Bournemouth of the East coast without the premiership football.

Never any vision or forward thinking, everything is an after thought.

Roll on Saturday, at least I will be able to rant about more important issues.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
ginnywings
August 1, 2017, 8:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Not really because the club have completely failed to deliver it for the last 25 years and face a lot of opposition. Can't imagine there would be much opposition to a ground built into a redevelopment of the town.

I'd be amazed if we have a new ground within 5 years. I'd also be amazed if it's not shite when it's built.

You think there would be no protests to a football ground built in the middle of town? I seriously doubt that.

The time for discussing the merits for and against PP are gone. That is where it was decided the best option lay, so let's just crack on with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
GollyGTFC
August 2, 2017, 10:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,956
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from ginnywings

You think there would be no protests to a football ground built in the middle of town? I seriously doubt that.

The time for discussing the merits for and against PP are gone. That is where it was decided the best option lay, so let's just crack on with it.

Until the stadium is built (or at least the building process starts) the discussion is still open for debate. There hasn't even been a full planning application put in to NELC yet. Why the delay? Begs the question is the project at PP viable in it's current form? And if it's not is there any feasible way to make it viable and deliverable before the better sites around Town which were rejected purely because they wouldn't be available within the next 5-10 years become open to redevelopment?
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 56
heppy88
August 2, 2017, 12:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Until the stadium is built (or at least the building process starts) the discussion is still open for debate. There hasn't even been a full planning application put in to NELC yet. Why the delay? Begs the question is the project at PP viable in it's current form? And if it's not is there any feasible way to make it viable and deliverable before the better sites around Town which were rejected purely because they wouldn't be available within the next 5-10 years become open to redevelopment?

There is no delay. The process is on track. The time frame was revealed by the club last year and as I mentioned earlier detailed viability is to be considered later this year. Acceptance of this will allow for full planning. This was always the plan and nothing has changed.
No one is dragging there feet on this. Any other new development elsewhere in town does not impact on this. There has always been a plan and as far as I am aware (Unless the club state otherwise) it is on track.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
GollyGTFC
August 2, 2017, 12:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,956
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from heppy88

There is no delay. The process is on track. The time frame was revealed by the club last year and as I mentioned earlier detailed viability is to be considered later this year. Acceptance of this will allow for full planning. This was always the plan and nothing has changed.
No one is dragging there feet on this. Any other new development elsewhere in town does not impact on this. There has always been a plan and as far as I am aware (Unless the club state otherwise) it is on track.

So you don't think the development of a cinema complex with 7 new restaurant chains is going to impact the viability of a new stadium development which planned to have drive thru(s) & family restaurant(s) as part of the enabling development? I'm not convinced.

And we got given 12 months exclusivity on Peaks Parkway in late 2013. Nearly 4 years has passed and we haven't even got a proper planning application in yet. But apparently everything is on track? Again, I'm not convinced. Every step in the process is dragging on.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 56
crusty ole pie
August 2, 2017, 12:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
I just think it would not hurt to keep supporters a little more informed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
fleabag1970
August 2, 2017, 4:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Just because our ground is old doesn't excuse the lack of toilets for the upper findus ... that stairway at half time is an accident waiting to happen . I'm supprised the  football league havnt shut the stand down

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
Hagrid
August 2, 2017, 4:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,393
Gold Stars: 534
have to agree, if there was ever an incident in the findus, you wouldnt get out quickly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.