KingstonMariner
July 28, 2017, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Perkins

Fersitiousness ? FFS with six fingers you should at least be able to type properly.

Post to the Week.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 108
KingstonMariner
July 28, 2017, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from towncryer
Season ticket holder for many years and a fan since the late 60's. Look im not deluded, I know that football runs I cycles and at the moment it's our time. How long it will last who knows. I've only just registered on this site but I have read it for a few seasons now and I can tell you how stupid some people sounded on here with their delusional rose tinted specs on and don't get me wrong we have them on our site aswell. You had a few seasons of challenging at the top of the National League without getting out which kept the interest and crowds up at Blundell Park until you actually did get out. You had an average season last season but you need to be challenging up around and in the playoffs this season to keep that interest there or your going to have your first test for a few seasons on how loyal your support is.

That is true. But we love a challenge. We're stroppy illegitimates and are just as likely to turn out in even bigger numbers. Meaningless game at Barnet in April? The response: 1200 there - let's have a party.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 108
HertsGTFC
July 29, 2017, 12:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from towncryer
Season ticket holder for many years and a fan since the late 60's. Look im not deluded, I know that football runs I cycles and at the moment it's our time. How long it will last who knows. I've only just registered on this site but I have read it for a few seasons now and I can tell you how stupid some people sounded on here with their delusional rose tinted specs on and don't get me wrong we have them on our site aswell. You had a few seasons of challenging at the top of the National League without getting out which kept the interest and crowds up at Blundell Park until you actually did get out. You had an average season last season but you need to be challenging up around and in the playoffs this season to keep that interest there or your going to have your first test for a few seasons on how loyal your support is.

Loyal? Compare your average away following versus ours when we where  both non league then you'll get a true picture of loyalty you one season bandwagoner, conspicuous by your absence n previous years gone by,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 108
gary_elton
July 29, 2017, 11:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I think I might know towncryer... just a hunch... possibly from Skegness.... if its who i think it is he's on here to make friends cos he hasn't got many on other sites.... could be wrong... 🤔

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 108
Gaffer58
July 29, 2017, 2:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Hope for once they fill the Osmond, in monies spent as away support their a few thousand pounds to catch us up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 108
towncryer
July 29, 2017, 10:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
HERTS GTFC I'm not comparing both our support and I agree our support was poor after we got relegated but that's because we were crap we had some terrible managers the football was crap and that's why our crowds went down compared to the Keith Alexander days. What I am merely pointing out is that you have had a number of seasons challenging for playoffs ect in the National League which kept your support reasonably high, you get out that league into the football league and you would expect the crowd to stay with you in your first season back, you were doing ok for a while but then tailed off resulting in Bignot going and now you have RS back who will be under pressure to have you at least in the playoffs to maintain the level of support you have. Slip down the league a bit into mid table and for the first time in a few seasons your support, not from diehards but from take it or leave it brigade will be tested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 108
Mariner93er
July 29, 2017, 11:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,737
Gold Stars: 28
Any ideas how many we've sold now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 108
HertsGTFC
July 30, 2017, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from towncryer
HERTS GTFC I'm not comparing both our support and I agree our support was poor after we got relegated but that's because we were crap we had some terrible managers the football was crap and that's why our crowds went down compared to the Keith Alexander days. What I am merely pointing out is that you have had a number of seasons challenging for playoffs ect in the National League which kept your support reasonably high, you get out that league into the football league and you would expect the crowd to stay with you in your first season back, you were doing ok for a while but then tailed off resulting in Bignot going and now you have RS back who will be under pressure to have you at least in the playoffs to maintain the level of support you have. Slip down the league a bit into mid table and for the first time in a few seasons your support, not from diehards but from take it or leave it brigade will be tested.

I see your point but our home gates where reasonably stable all the way through non league and the away following for that level was always good too, I don't think Russ will be under pressure to get us in the play off's to be honest as unlike yourselves, Mansfield and a few others we don't have cash to throw around and any success will need to be built for another season at least.

The take it or leave it brigade have already "left it" to a degree after the madness that was that tw@t Bignot and the sh1t football he served up, like you lot last season if we fiddle with prices have a decent start and a cup run against a couple of decent sides attendances will rise just like any other club.

So are saying is that if you turn out to under achieve next season people will still come to see you because they have bought a season ticket?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 108
moosey_club
July 30, 2017, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I see your point but our home gates where reasonably stable all the way through non league and the away following for that level was always good too, I don't think Russ will be under pressure to get us in the play off's to be honest as unlike yourselves, Mansfield and a few others we don't have cash to throw around and any success will need to be built for another season at least.

The take it or leave it brigade have already "left it" to a degree after the madness that was that tw@t Bignot and the sh1t football he served up, like you lot last season if we fiddle with prices have a decent start and a cup run against a couple of decent sides attendances will rise just like any other club.

So are saying is that if you turn out to under achieve next season people will still come to see you because they have bought a season ticket?

RS has already publicly stated through the media that Play Offs are the target for this season...so he is under pressure......the inbetween the lines comments of JF when RS was appointed was that play off/ promotion in the next season (not long term ala Bignot's masterplan) was the expectation.

RS is under pressure without a doubt.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 108
towncryer
July 30, 2017, 6:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
I don't think our attendances will drop this season.Including our junior section we have around 6000 season ticket holders. However if we did have a poor season it would be interesting to see how many renewals we would have for the following season. I think it's only natural the crowds would drop off, that's just how football is. If your successful everyone will jump aboard and when it all starts going wrong the same people will be making every excuse under the sun why the can't go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.