mariner91
July 28, 2017, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from towncryer
I know your probably not interested but just to let you know your friends from down the road sold thein whole allocation (2000) for the opening day fixture at Wycombe in 40 minutes. More tickets coming we hope.
We have actually moved into the 21st century and now have an online ticketing system.
Don't think we'll have too much trouble selling whatever you let us have at your place this season.
Infact if you would be so kind to let us have the Osmond and Findus stands we would at least get half of the amount that wouĺd want to travel in.

PS. This post does contain elements of Billy bigbollox and fersitiousness for which I truly apologise  

This bit isn't even true   On Vitals there's a bloke saying he bought tickets hours after they went on sale. At least keep it factual if you're going to brag about how massive you are now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 108
1mickylyons
July 28, 2017, 12:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Civvy at last
I'm going to throw some leafs on the A46, so that's another 200 Imps not coming  

Good chance of rain according to the Met Office.Lets just stick em in the corner of the Osmond oh hang on several hundred of em (total away support before last season) don`t like the view so refuse to attend.I only recall 2 Imps not making an excuse Helgy and Old Guard the rest were always a total bunch of surrender monkeys 2-3 early defeats and they will struggle to sell the allocation as per normal.The only thing big in Lincoln is the church.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 108
Tommy
July 28, 2017, 2:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from mariner91

This bit isn't even true   On Vitals there's a bloke saying he bought tickets hours after they went on sale. At least keep it factual if you're going to brag about how massive you are now.

Lincoln tickets for Wycombe away are still on sale now so don't know what this imp is on about.

Strange how this poster never showed up to correct us all on things said about Lincoln before they had their good season eh?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 108
mariner91
July 28, 2017, 3:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

Lincoln tickets for Wycombe away are still on sale now so don't know what this imp is on about.

Strange how this poster never showed up to correct us all on things said about Lincoln before they had their good season eh?

Probably never turned up at Sincil Bank either though to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 108
towncryer
July 28, 2017, 8:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Season ticket holder for many years and a fan since the late 60's. Look im not deluded, I know that football runs I cycles and at the moment it's our time. How long it will last who knows. I've only just registered on this site but I have read it for a few seasons now and I can tell you how stupid some people sounded on here with their delusional rose tinted specs on and don't get me wrong we have them on our site aswell. You had a few seasons of challenging at the top of the National League without getting out which kept the interest and crowds up at Blundell Park until you actually did get out. You had an average season last season but you need to be challenging up around and in the playoffs this season to keep that interest there or your going to have your first test for a few seasons on how loyal your support is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 108
mariner91
July 28, 2017, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Like the two seasons where we finished 11th in the NL and our average attendance was still significantly higher than yours was when you were midtable in the same division? Or our last four seasons in L2 before relegation when we never finished higher than 15th yet our average attendance never slipped below 4000? For ten years from 2002 we only finished above 12th place once and got relegated three times. It was shit, utter shit. Yet we maintained a good core support and we certainly always filled your away end without making excuses about dog shite and bad weather (Sincil Bank is in a shite area just like BP is btw).

Face it, as much as we are all a bit jealous of the wave that your club is currently riding, the overwhelming majority of your current support showed no loyalty or support to the club during it's bleakest years and are literally jumping on the bandwagon. I hope the fans that stayed loyal are enjoying it, they deserve it for sticking with the club. But the rest of your support are gutless turn-coats who only came back once you had a decent cup run and started winning games. You couldn't even muster 4000 home fans for a local derby on boxing day three years ago ffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 108
Perkins
July 28, 2017, 8:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from towncryer
I know your probably not interested but just to let you know your friends from down the road sold thein whole allocation (2000) for the opening day fixture at Wycombe in 40 minutes. More tickets coming we hope.
We have actually moved into the 21st century and now have an online ticketing system.
Don't think we'll have too much trouble selling whatever you let us have at your place this season.
Infact if you would be so kind to let us have the Osmond and Findus stands we would at least get half of the amount that wouĺd want to travel in.

PS. This post does contain elements of Billy bigbollox and fersitiousness for which I truly apologise  

Fersitiousness ? FFS with six fingers you should at least be able to type properly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 108
Eastendmariner
July 28, 2017, 9:13pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
I really hope the Lincoln actually  turn in their hundreds cant say thousands as it wont happen, and fill the away end, I remember being in A FULL  car coming up to see Town v Lincoln at Bp for the day one xmas it was snowing we had lincs fm the imps were ring in is the game on ? is it really heavy gonna dump too risky to travel etc This is having driven for over 4 hours  We laughed as usual fickle sprung to mind .. Surely it wont snow at the end of september will it UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 108
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 28, 2017, 11:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Wlived here for 40 years and have son in law who has had season ticket at the bank throughout this period, in my good books today as I became a grandad, who always came to BP and always travelled alone refusing a lift with us "codheads".

Re their support and season ticket sales, which are fantastic, I personally know several guys who I played alongside many years ago who have only just started to go watch Lincoln, other than an odd visit each season. Bet your bottom dollar they will not still be going when the bubble bursts. That said I do not think it will burst for a while as good money is flooding in with their recent pre-season trip to Portugal solely funded by sponsorship and more South African money is on its way with rumours of further businessmen getting involved.

There is no doubt local interest is high but still think we are in safe hands with RS and I have a number of £10 bets laid out to support my view we will finish above them. Injuries to Jamie & McAllister though are a big blow to getting off to a flyer but several clubs showed last year that it is a long season so lets wait and see!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 108
denni266
July 28, 2017, 11:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from towncryer

Please bring as many as you can ,, the more that see you loose will help you all realise where you belong ,, behind us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.