Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Hillsborough

This thread currently has 7,522 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
June 28, 2017, 7:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_09
People seem to ignore that there were 2000 extra idiotic Liverpool fans who ran into the ground after the equally inept police opened that gate. Plus at the time, it was only 5 years after the Heysel disaster, which was entirely the fault of Liverpool fans, this meant it was easier for the police to cover up because they had previous, likewise the general public belived Liverpool were a bunch of drunk up looneys. It wasn't as clear cut as either side tell us.

Your "2000 extra idiotic fans who ran into ground"  DID NOT OPEN THE GATE FACT, get your facts right.
Were you there!
Reply: 10 - 37
supertown
June 28, 2017, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
I guess his argument will be that had he not opened the gates then there would have been fatalities outside the ground , getting angry on here with each other will not prove anything . Everyone will get their day in court now , albeit very late after the event.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
horsforthmariner
June 28, 2017, 8:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,622
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
People seem to ignore that there were 2000 extra idiotic Liverpool fans who ran into the ground after the equally inept police opened that gate. Plus at the time, it was only 5 years after the Heysel disaster, which was entirely the fault of Liverpool fans, this meant it was easier for the police to cover up because they had previous, likewise the general public believed Liverpool were a bunch of drunk up looneys. It wasn't as clear cut as either side tell us.

You mean the 2000 fans who had purchased tickets and walked to the ground and expected to be let in for 3pm as we've all done countless times - not sure whats idiotic about that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
LH
June 28, 2017, 8:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
It's amazing given the coverage the second inquest result got that there are still morons out there who believe the Sun's version of events rather than that of a public inquiry that took two years to be heard.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
HertsGTFC
June 28, 2017, 8:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
People seem to ignore that there were 2000 extra idiotic Liverpool fans who ran into the ground after the equally inept police opened that gate. Plus at the time, it was only 5 years after the Heysel disaster, which was entirely the fault of Liverpool fans, this meant it was easier for the police to cover up because they had previous, likewise the general public belived Liverpool were a bunch of drunk up looneys. It wasn't as clear cut as either side tell us.

Heysel was in 1985 4 years before Hillsborough, you need to read back what you write sometimes as people may take offence.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
Chrisblor
June 28, 2017, 8:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Mariner_09

The absolute flipping state of this.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Green27
June 28, 2017, 9:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mariner_09

Get in the flipping sea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35473732

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
headingly_mariner
June 28, 2017, 9:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LH
It's amazing given the coverage the second inquest result got that there are still morons out there who believe the Sun's version of events rather than that of a public inquiry that took two years to be heard.

It's astonishing. The fans have been proven to be totally blameless. It's such a shame that people still want to make excuses for a wholly avoidable disaster and blame victims.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
LH
June 28, 2017, 10:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
That victim blaming continues to this day with the Mail printing pictures last week of the Grenfell resident who's fridge set alight. I bet there are some people with connections to that incident having trouble nodding off tonight after this decision.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
jock dock tower
June 28, 2017, 10:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I've been in numerous situations, even in the Pontoon when it used to hold many thousands more than it does now and the fans swayed all over the place, when I've literally had my breath taken away from by crushing. That's one step away from asphyxiation which is what happened to those who perished at Hillsborough.

I've also been swept off my feet and carried along in a huge mob of Town fans at a couple of games. Even though I'm nearly 6'3" and was fairly well built there was little I could do to even try and stop it. That's what also happened at Hillsborough. Combine the two elements and you have the perfect storm for a disaster if there is nowhere to go. There but for the grace of god.....

Couple that with police incompetence, lying, collusion over statements, perverting the course of justice, and support from the very top of the then government and it's hardly surprising it's taken do long to get to this point. The 96 haven't got justice yet though, and I feel the establishment will do all that it possibly can to maintain the status quo - what's the odds that the trials may collapse because everyone now has an opinion on he matter and it might be dificult to find a jury who could be totally impartial?

Justice for The 96. YNWA.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hillsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.