Swansea_Mariner
April 12, 2017, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Marinerz93

I thought the video lagged at that point and meant to add another 50 points or more if possible, if he really did mean 50 points and he needs to give his head a wobble.

50 points is the target next season, less points than we've got now????

That can't be right surely, what on earth is going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

50 points is the target next season, less points than we've got now????

That can't be right surely, what on earth is going on.

50 as soon as possible was how i heard it. Slade said top seven, so no pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
Swansea_Mariner
April 12, 2017, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from ginnywings

50 as soon as possible was how i heard it. Slade said top seven, so no pressure.

That's more like It!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
Ipswin
April 12, 2017, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from chaos33
I can see why he doesn't want to go into detail on the Bignot departure

Hopefully Bignob will tell us as soon as the cheque is cleared

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
Teestogreen
April 12, 2017, 8:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly right - 50 points by January then (reasonable?) and top six even.
Hope they can do it.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
HertsGTFC
April 12, 2017, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly what i thought and the first ( i'm reluctant to say lie) misdirection? Slades return was being talked about on Friday in the pubs of Blackpool. No way was all this sorted yesterday, while he was up a mountain.

He did well to get a call up a mountain in Wales and then meet JF that evening for fish & chips as he mentioned in the press conference. I think RS tried to cover JFs backside on that one...........Well I suppose its a team game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
GrimRob
April 12, 2017, 9:33pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
50 points asap is literally 17 games!  I don't understand the mincing with words. If the real target is another total after 46-ganes then just say it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

What is the target-50 points or play off spot? Delete as appropriate next season. That press conference answered no questions at all and a lot of stuff glossed over in the process.

You are absolutely right and I don't know why we persist with those stage managed stiff as a board press conferences. None of the answers given are in depth enough or from the heart and it is only as events unfold we hear the full story. They looked like a group of rabbits caught in headlights which is a shame because I think this is an important day for the club.

I have met Russell Slade and he is one of the most personable and charming people I have spoken to, but the non chairman does not have the natural charm in front of camera to be the main man in such a situation. I am sure he has many qualities but being media savvy is not one of them.

I bet the individual interviews with Fenty Slade and Wilkie will be much more revealing in the Tellywag tomorrow, and we will learn much more about their hopes for the future, or at least I hope so.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
RichMariner
April 12, 2017, 10:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I found the interviews were far more insightful on Sports Talk tonight.

I don't believe for one minute that Fenty only contacted Slade for the first time yesterday!

But aside from that, Fenty gave a bit more clarity around why the board sacked Bignot (their concerns grew at the end of January when we had a squad of 31 players and were unable to offload more on loan).

Immediately I can relate to that. I can understand how having such a big squad of players was going to create cliques and divide the dressing room, and that it would take a strong manager to keep them all happy.

Obviously the standard of football on show had been pretty dreadful too, with absolutely no one able to say what formations we were playing and what our approach or philosophy was.

Slade still sounded a bit hesitant though. I think he knows he'll need to work hard to both turn things around and win over a section of fans who will be naturally sceptical about his reappointment.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
HertsGTFC
April 12, 2017, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from RichMariner
I found the interviews were far more insightful on Sports Talk tonight.

I don't believe for one minute that Fenty only contacted Slade for the first time yesterday!

But aside from that, Fenty gave a bit more clarity around why the board sacked Bignot (their concerns grew at the end of January when we had a squad of 31 players and were unable to offload more on loan).

Immediately I can relate to that. I can understand how having such a big squad of players was going to create cliques and divide the dressing room, and that it would take a strong manager to keep them all happy.

Obviously the standard of football on show had been pretty dreadful too, with absolutely no one able to say what formations we were playing and what our approach or philosophy was.

Slade still sounded a bit hesitant though. I think he knows he'll need to work hard to both turn things around and win over a section of fans who will be naturally sceptical about his reappointment.

I thought JF was a honest as he could  be on RH, its difficult because there could be some legal restraints and its a thin line before you look like you are slinging mud or pointing the finger. From what I have seen and heard from Slade today I think he was playing it a bit humble and understands he possibly needs to do some work and win some games to get some credit in his good will account with the supporters.

As well as the size of the squad I think for me the Macca thing on RH after the Stevenage game (Jan 28th) was a real concern as that sent out a message that the unity on the squad was disappearing fast!

Some people have posted today that the board should have stepped in here and stopped MB doing this there etc.. etc... but professional football managers are employed to manage and once directors start dabbling it can get very messy.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled pink

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.