6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
April 12, 2017, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from GrimRob
Interesting Fenty said the target was 50 points again. If I was MB watching that I'd be thinking: "yeah, heard that one before"  

At least Slade has a more ambitious target.

But as Fenty (Conservative) never wrong in his entire life, ever said it it's The Truth.

What strange timese these are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
forza ivano
April 12, 2017, 1:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Maybe I've just got my antenna switched to conspiracy mode but something just doesn't seem right to me.

All the confusion over MB's sacking with different story's from every party and all the rumours. I'm just not sure to be honest...

Anyone get the feeling RS was lined up before Marcus was actually dismissed?

I'd put your mortagage on it
Fenty said he got the jitters in january - hadn't realised just how friendly he was with slade (went to his wedding for example) so when Slade tells him in January he's been sacked by Cov, i'll bet Fenty's little brain went into overdrive! (including shiite, this isn't going to go down well with the fans, hmmmm i need a town legend to come in as his assistant to sugar the pill).week or so later John gets the phone call from PW to say he's been sacked at N'ton and BINGO! problem is solved. Just put wilko and slade together, tell them this is how its going to be and sort out the details and let bignot go at the earliest opportunity
would love to know how many gtfc games wilko or slade have seen in the last 3 months
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Maybe I've just got my antenna switched to conspiracy mode but something just doesn't seem right to me.

All the confusion over MB's sacking with different story's from every party and all the rumours. I'm just not sure to be honest...

I am sure he was lined up prior to the sacking and amen for that. It has been obvious for weeks it was going pear shaped and it would have been criminal not to be prepared for the inevitable.

I have been very critical in the past when we have made a sacking then "invited applications" which didn't fill me with any confidence. Much better in my eyes to identify the people you want in advance. Obviously your aim has to be realistic, and achievable but I think Fenty has done the right thing.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Quagmire
April 12, 2017, 1:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43

If you listen to the Slade / Matt Dean interview which was linked somewhere earlier, Matt asks Slade when he was contacted.  

There's a lot of 'erm' 'erm' before Slade says "Tuesday", erm "Tuesday after Marcus was sacked" ... That would have been yesterday then Russ ...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 1:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Quagmire

If you listen to the Slade / Matt Dean interview which was linked somewhere earlier, Matt asks Slade when he was contacted.  

There's a lot of 'erm' 'erm' before Slade says "Tuesday", erm "Tuesday after Marcus was sacked" ... That would have been yesterday then Russ ...

Exactly what i thought and the first ( i'm reluctant to say lie) misdirection? Slades return was being talked about on Friday in the pubs of Blackpool. No way was all this sorted yesterday, while he was up a mountain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
GrimRob
April 12, 2017, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Did Slade pick Wilkinson or was it a choice imposed upon him?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 52
GrimRob
April 12, 2017, 1:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly what i thought and the first ( i'm reluctant to say lie) misdirection? Slades return was being talked about on Friday in the pubs of Blackpool. No way was all this sorted yesterday, while he was up a mountain.

You only have to look at the timing. An away win at Blackpool isn't the last straw! The game before on the other hand.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 52
gtfc98
April 12, 2017, 1:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Of course he was lined up before!  When MD asked Slade when he got the call her said "errr..... well.... ummm... I think it was Tuesday, yeah Tuesday after Marcus went on Monday". You'd say "I got the call yesterday", you wouldn't need to think about it.

Personally I don't care, I think he'll do a cracking job and to have Wilkie in as well (who'd been linked with the managers' job previously in his own right) is a massive plus. We weren't going anywhere other than down the table under Bingo Bignot.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
bluebottle
April 12, 2017, 1:58pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459

RS was being honest, about being contacted on Tuesday. Just not the Tuesday AFTER MB was sacked.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Marinerz93
April 12, 2017, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
Interesting Fenty said the target was 50 points again. If I was MB watching that I'd be thinking: "yeah, heard that one before"  

At least Slade has a more ambitious target.

I thought the video lagged at that point and meant to add another 50 points or more if possible, if he really did mean 50 points and he needs to give his head a wobble.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled pink

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.