ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 10:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from totalidiot
John fenty will never be popular at this club because he barely ever has it in him to make the right decision,im sorry marcus bignot wasn't given chance to continue his plan for the club but think osborne and jones will be two big players in this league from next season.
whether i agree with this management is irrelevant and what counts is we back and support them like we would any other,no reason why success won't be achieved both with new players and some of bignots players.

Agreed and i will back the manager at the ground. As a fan, it's all you can do and hope the board have got it right for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Mariner93er
April 12, 2017, 10:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Ultimately, he's our manager now, so all we can do is support him. At least he didn't hide away from what he expects to achieve next season, let's hope he can carry it out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 10:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well I wonder what colour he will be on Friday in front of Blundell Park`s lowest gate of the Season nearly everyone is ready for the beach on and off the park.

Why have you got such a downer on Slade and Wilkinson? Bignot was flailing around - the players knew it, the fans knew it and the board knew it. I think Bignot himself probably knows it! We took decisive action to get an experienced football league manager who recently finished 8th in the Championship and got a small team like Yeovil playing some great attacking football into the league 1 play offs. In addition we have got a club legend back in harness; what is there not to like?

If things dont go well then of course I will moan as much as the next fan but it all seems positive to me. There are loads of managers I would have preferred in a perfect world, of course there are, but realistically I think we have done pretty well.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
1mickylyons
April 12, 2017, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54

Why have you got such a downer on Slade and Wilkinson? Bignot was flailing around - the players knew it, the fans knew it and the board knew it. I think Bignot himself probably knows it! We took decisive action to get an experienced football league manager who recently finished 8th in the Championship and got a small team like Yeovil playing some great attacking football into the league 1 play offs. In addition we have got a club legend back in harness; what is there not to like?

If things dont go well then of course I will moan as much as the next fan but it all seems positive to me. There are loads of managers I would have preferred in a perfect world, of course there are, but realistically I think we have done pretty well.

Totally agree with everything you say Lew but I can`t help not being enthusiastic about Slade due to his previous spell. I wont welcome him with Open arms but I do think he is a massive improvement on Bignot and I expect us to be right up the top under RS because we have a decent squad and RS knows how to play and work systems.All that said it isn`t an appointment to get the majority of fans here excited and in fact it will put quite a few off but he is here now so we have to hope for the best.Good luck Slade and Wilko UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
grimsby pete
April 12, 2017, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
You can not please all the fans whoever you appoint,

Lets give Slade a chance to prove he is the man to take us up,

I did like Marcus but he started to put doubts in my mind towards the end,

I feel we have a much stronger management team in place now,

Really pleased Paul is back with us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2017, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Totally agree with everything you say Lew but I can`t help not being enthusiastic about Slade due to his previous spell. I wont welcome him with Open arms but I do think he is a massive improvement on Bignot and I expect us to be right up the top under RS because we have a decent squad and RS knows how to play and work systems.All that said it isn`t an appointment to get the majority of fans here excited and in fact it will put quite a few off but he is here now so we have to hope for the best.Good luck Slade and Wilko UTM

Fair enough and lets hope everything goes well. I wouldn't take the passionate views on here (for and against) to be a barometer of the wider fan base though. I don't know for sure but I bet most Town fans who go to games will give them both every chance.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
barrattstandman
April 12, 2017, 1:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
For the life of me some of you have short memories or weren't alive when Paul Wilkinson was a player here he was Wilkie not Wilco !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
GrimRob
April 12, 2017, 1:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Interesting Fenty said the target was 50 points again. If I was MB watching that I'd be thinking: "yeah, heard that one before"  

At least Slade has a more ambitious target.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 52
ginnywings
April 12, 2017, 1:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from GrimRob
Interesting Fenty said the target was 50 points again. If I was MB watching that I'd be thinking: "yeah, heard that one before"  

At least Slade has a more ambitious target.

What is the target-50 points or play off spot? Delete as appropriate next season. That press conference answered no questions at all and a lot of stuff glossed over in the process.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
MarinersOnTheUp
April 12, 2017, 1:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Maybe I've just got my antenna switched to conspiracy mode but something just doesn't seem right to me.

All the confusion over MB's sacking with different story's from every party and all the rumours. I'm just not sure to be honest...

Anyone get the feeling RS was lined up before Marcus was actually dismissed?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled pink

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.