April 11, 2017, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Civvy at last

Can't be done I'm afraid.

You're only allowed 11 on the pitch !!!!!!!!!

Ditto. Methods were disliked by existing players from day one, and new signings were becoming increasingly dismayed.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 12:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,120
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

ginny genuine questions
Ref Donny at home

what would you have done in relation to sending a team out at home to play the runaway league leaders in front of a near full house?
Did the team MB selected have the best possible chance of taking points from them in your opinion?

No, but i don't think we currently have 11 players capable of beating Donny in 9 out of 10 games. We could have made a better fist of it i agree and it's not nice to watch your side get slaughtered by the upstart Yorkies from up the road.

It's all pointless now isn't it? We move on and we'll never know what he could have done. He may have failed spectacularly, but to my mind, he wasn't failing when he was sacked, so why sack him? We are just going round in circles. Those that didn't like him are happy and those of us who were ok with him are bemused. History shows that changing managers hasn't really worked for us in the recent past, so i'm just a little apprehensive about where we are heading and with whom. Will the new man get as much leeway as Hurst, or as little as Bignot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

No, but i don't think we currently have 11 players capable of beating Donny in 9 out of 10 games. We could have made a better fist of it i agree and it's not nice to watch your side get slaughtered by the upstart Yorkies from up the road.

It's all pointless now isn't it? We move on and we'll never know what he could have done. He may have failed spectacularly, but to my mind, he wasn't failing when he was sacked, so why sack him? We are just going round in circles. Those that didn't like him are happy and those of us who were ok with him are bemused. History shows that changing managers hasn't really worked for us in the recent past, so i'm just a little apprehensive about where we are heading and with whom. Will the new man get as much leeway as Hurst, or as little as Bignot?

Good post. My point about the Donny game was I as a fan never expected Town to win because evidently they had a better side but I did expect us to field our strongest possible line up and give them a game and that never happened.I accept GTFC will lose games and I accept from time to time they will lose in a shocking manner but that was the first time in a long time I have seen us roll over and die and I am glad JF wasn`t prepared to put up with it.Anyway mate looks like Slade next . I will have to suck it and see I aint happy but I am genuinely interested to see and hear what he plans to do to take the Club forward? League 2 is not great and RS should be striving to hit the play offs next season and who knows maybe he can put right in the next 6 games what he got wrong at Cardiff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 12:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,120
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Good post. My point about the Donny game was I as a fan never expected Town to win because evidently they had a better side but I did expect us to field our strongest possible line up and give them a game and that never happened.I accept GTFC will lose games and I accept from time to time they will lose in a shocking manner but that was the first time in a long time I have seen us roll over and die and I am glad JF wasn`t prepared to put up with it.Anyway mate looks like Slade next . I will have to suck it and see I aint happy but I am genuinely interested to see and hear what he plans to do to take the Club forward? League 2 is not great and RS should be striving to hit the play offs next season and who knows maybe he can put right in the next 6 games what he got wrong at Cardiff

Yeah, i get that the Donny game was a straw that broke the camels back type result for a lot of folk and it was the beginning of the end for MB. I just hope Slade isn't being discussed ad infinitum and dividing the fans again this time next season. We could do with a season where just the football is the hot topic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
Hagrid
April 11, 2017, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, i get that the Donny game was a straw that broke the camels back type result for a lot of folk and it was the beginning of the end for MB. I just hope Slade isn't being discussed ad infinitum and dividing the fans again this time next season. We could do with a season where just the football is the hot topic.

we are grimsby town Ginny, that'll never happen!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
oldun
April 11, 2017, 2:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Here's a good revolt squad. Maceown, Davis, Vernon, Disley, Berrett, McAllister, Gowling. Also representing, Boyce, Andrews and Collins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from oldun
Here's a good revolt squad. Maceown, Davis, Vernon, Disley, Berrett, McAllister, Gowling. Also representing, Boyce, Andrews and Collins

I wouldn't be at all unhappy to see the majority of those go though

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
oldun
April 11, 2017, 2:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from RoboCod

I wouldn't be at all unhappy to see the majority of those go though

Agree, Most of them not in MB's plans is my guess and who would argue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
Welwynmariner
April 11, 2017, 2:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
The Daily Mail says:

"Bignot was told of the board’s decision before last weekend’s win at Blackpool"

So presumably the players also knew and that they were doing it their way and may even have been told to show what they were capable of doing. So the win at Blackpool is what we might reasonably expect to see more of?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
jock dock tower
April 11, 2017, 4:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
FFS it's the Daily Mail.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Performance against cambridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.