Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Performance against cambridge

This thread currently has 4,795 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
April 11, 2017, 5:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod

I've no reason to disbelieve Bignot when he says he assumed he had time on his side in regards to building his team, as reported in the GET. He was either sacked before the game, which would be horribly unfair, or after a 3-1 victory against a side above us, which appears rather odd.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I suspect, and Slade was already lined up regardless of the result, hence the quick announcement tomorrow and my distaste at dragging things out when Bignot could clearly have been relieved of his duties last week and not strung along over Saturdays preparation and final game. A decent win in what becomes your last ever game must have an extra sting.

Not having a go, not conspiracy theorising, just pointing out the list of possible/probable chain of events.

...based on nothing but supposition.

I dont want to have a go, but you should really add the above line.
Reply: 30 - 37
lew chaterleys lover
April 11, 2017, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from RoboCod

I've no reason to disbelieve Bignot when he says he assumed he had time on his side in regards to building his team, as reported in the GET. He was either sacked before the game, which would be horribly unfair, or after a 3-1 victory against a side above us, which appears rather odd.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I suspect, and Slade was already lined up regardless of the result, hence the quick announcement tomorrow and my distaste at dragging things out when Bignot could clearly have been relieved of his duties last week and not strung along over Saturdays preparation and final game. A decent win in what becomes your last ever game must have an extra sting.

Not having a go, not conspiracy theorising, just pointing out the list of possible/probable chain of events.

It could have been worse. Like that betting ad on the telly were the manager is changed at half time, or when they concede a goal! Its a tough old game but however the sacking  has come about it is the culmination of many things over many weeks. We could all see it wasn't going according to plan but credit to the board for acting quickly before it got out of hand.  
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 935

...based on nothing but supposition.

I dont want to have a go, but you should really add the above line.

And "I really am excited about Slade returning" is something you pretty much have added to every post you've made on this topic.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
Garth
April 11, 2017, 7:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
A chance that could not be missed IMO,  Slade available, Bignot running riot with our club, players in tumult, Lincoln doing OK with their risk managers.

First thing Slade will do is put back the moral that has been jettisoned by Mad Marcus and play players in their rightful positions where their strengths lie.

Feeling more secure and interested now----new horizons here we come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
friskneymariner
April 11, 2017, 7:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
I feel Bignot was told before Blackpool you only had to see him sitting on the barriers on his own in the East Stand to know he had something on his mind,there was no interaction with the players.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
tanga_the_indestructible
April 11, 2017, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Garth
A chance that could not be missed IMO,  Slade available, Bignot running riot with our club, players in tumult, Lincoln doing OK with their risk managers.

First thing Slade will do is put back the moral that has been jettisoned by Mad Marcus and play players in their rightful positions where their strengths lie.

Feeling more secure and interested now----new horizons here we come.

Yeah, lets hope he puts Jones back in midfield, not like Mad Marcus. He's been running bloody riot up front. Must put a stop to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
KingstonMariner
April 11, 2017, 8:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Welwynmariner
The Daily Mail says:

"Bignot was told of the board’s decision before last weekend’s win at Blackpool"

So presumably the players also knew and that they were doing it their way and may even have been told to show what they were capable of doing. So the win at Blackpool is what we might reasonably expect to see more of?

Not according to one poster who thought the players scored through gritted teeth. To coin Disraeli, 'lies, damned lies and pure speculation'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
KingstonMariner
April 11, 2017, 8:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Really, so who was that bald guy waving his arms about encouraging us forward, if he knew he was for the chop, a quiet seat in the stand would have been his choice.

Slade  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Performance against cambridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.