4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
itsnotcoditshaddock
April 11, 2017, 4:50pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from RoboCod

That final game, a 3-1 away win was particularly clueless and lacking in team spirit. You could see the Town scorers gritting their teeth and visibly sighing as they smacked the ball home.

But perhaps they already knew he was on his way? He (Bignot) did look a pretty lost bloke sat on the pitchside railings pre-match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
Les Brechin
April 11, 2017, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Welwynmariner
The Daily Mail says:

"Bignot was told of the board’s decision before last weekend’s win at Blackpool"

So presumably the players also knew and that they were doing it their way and may even have been told to show what they were capable of doing. So the win at Blackpool is what we might reasonably expect to see more of?

That would explain the post of a Lincoln fan, who actually works at the Grimsby telegraph and was at Blackpool, on another forum BEFORE the game.

He posted that he was hearing rumours about Bignot without actually saying what he meant.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 4:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Les Brechin

That would explain the post of a Lincoln fan, who actually works at the Grimsby telegraph and was at Blackpool, on another forum BEFORE the game.

He posted that he was hearing rumours about Bignot without actually saying what he meant.

The Slade rumours were doing the rounds on Friday. That's when i first heard them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Welwynmariner
April 11, 2017, 5:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jock dock tower
FFS it's the Daily Mail.....

It's by-lined to Tom Farmery so it's not some cub reporter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

But perhaps they already knew he was on his way? He (Bignot) did look a pretty lost bloke sat on the pitchside railings pre-match.

The whole thing becomes more distasteful as it unfolds in more detail. Good on Bignot for actually going and keeping up the whole charade for the sake of our esteemed non-Chairman.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
April 11, 2017, 5:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod

The whole thing becomes more distasteful as it unfolds in more detail. Good on Bignot for actually going and keeping up the whole charade for the sake of our esteemed non-Chairman.

I still dont really see what detail this is unfolding with?? distateful or otherwise.... We seem to be basing this newest argument on a photo taken of him sat on a railing, from which we can infer absoloutley jack excrement...

Other "Facts" circulating are that James Mckeown got him sacked cos he s a bad goalie and wanted a contract next year...Ditto Disley and Pearson...

It seems any excuse to have a go...

Correct me if i m wrong, but no one knows why bignot has been sacked?
Reply: 25 - 37
April 11, 2017, 5:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner93er
With it seeming likely that it was the players that inspired the sacking, it occurs to me that they better put in one hell of a performance on Friday. I'd specifically play those that revolted, just so they can do their talking on the pitch, and if they're shite, I'd be telling them were to go.

Indeed this whole thread is predicated on the players having to perform on friday because of something they may or may not have done, otherwise they can intercourse off.... thats odd right?
Reply: 26 - 37
Garth
April 11, 2017, 5:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Welwynmariner
The Daily Mail says:

"Bignot was told of the board’s decision before last weekend’s win at Blackpool"

So presumably the players also knew and that they were doing it their way and may even have been told to show what they were capable of doing. So the win at Blackpool is what we might reasonably expect to see more of?

Really, so who was that bald guy waving his arms about encouraging us forward, if he knew he was for the chop, a quiet seat in the stand would have been his choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2017, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Garth

Really, so who was that bald guy waving his arms about encouraging us forward, if he knew he was for the chop, a quiet seat in the stand would have been his choice.

If he knew, he could have borrowed Doig to do the post match interview.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 935

I still dont really see what detail this is unfolding with?? distateful or otherwise.... We seem to be basing this newest argument on a photo taken of him sat on a railing, from which we can infer absoloutley jack excrement...

Other "Facts" circulating are that James Mckeown got him sacked cos he s a bad goalie and wanted a contract next year...Ditto Disley and Pearson...

It seems any excuse to have a go...

Correct me if i m wrong, but no one knows why bignot has been sacked?

I've no reason to disbelieve Bignot when he says he assumed he had time on his side in regards to building his team, as reported in the GET. He was either sacked before the game, which would be horribly unfair, or after a 3-1 victory against a side above us, which appears rather odd.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I suspect, and Slade was already lined up regardless of the result, hence the quick announcement tomorrow and my distaste at dragging things out when Bignot could clearly have been relieved of his duties last week and not strung along over Saturdays preparation and final game. A decent win in what becomes your last ever game must have an extra sting.

Not having a go, not conspiracy theorising, just pointing out the list of possible/probable chain of events.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Performance against cambridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.