7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 30, 2017, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,592
Gold Stars: 185
Can't we just stop with the whole, "Hurst was rubbish and anything he achieved was by sheer chance" guff at some point?

One thing we have definitely had in recent years (Brodie aside!) is a great team spirit and cohesiveness and I'm not sure we have these things in the same way at this moment. This is quite possibly unavoidable because of the chopping and changing of personnel we've had during 2017. If my numbers are correct, we now have 8 players who weren't with us at the start of the season (9 if you include Comley) and 6 of the players who appeared in the first few games are no longer at the club! In addition to this, Gowling has been frozen out for whatever reason as well so we've got practically a new team on the pitch much of the time.

No reason we can't get the cohesiveness back that we've seen in the past, but it isn't likely to be until next season before we do when I'd assume there won't be such a large number of new faces coming into the squad. It can't be anything but unsettling for players when such a rapid turnover of personnel occurs midway through the season.

I'd like to think we'd have nicked another point here or there with a more settled team but obviously no way of knowing this one way or the other and I doubt we'd have been nearly good enough to reach the play-offs regardless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
barrattstandman
March 30, 2017, 1:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
What on earth has this to do with Danny Andrews ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
Maringer
March 30, 2017, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,592
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from barrattstandman
What on earth has this to do with Danny Andrews ?

Who's he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
MuddyWaters
March 30, 2017, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,275
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer

Who's he?

Eamonn's lad
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
Les Brechin
March 30, 2017, 4:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,715
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Eamonn's lad

Nah, Julie's.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
HertsGTFC
March 30, 2017, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,979
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Maringer
Can't we just stop with the whole, "Hurst was rubbish and anything he achieved was by sheer chance" guff at some point?

One thing we have definitely had in recent years (Brodie aside!) is a great team spirit and cohesiveness and I'm not sure we have these things in the same way at this moment. This is quite possibly unavoidable because of the chopping and changing of personnel we've had during 2017. If my numbers are correct, we now have 8 players who weren't with us at the start of the season (9 if you include Comley) and 6 of the players who appeared in the first few games are no longer at the club! In addition to this, Gowling has been frozen out for whatever reason as well so we've got practically a new team on the pitch much of the time.

No reason we can't get the cohesiveness back that we've seen in the past, but it isn't likely to be until next season before we do when I'd assume there won't be such a large number of new faces coming into the squad. It can't be anything but unsettling for players when such a rapid turnover of personnel occurs midway through the season.

I'd like to think we'd have nicked another point here or there with a more settled team but obviously no way of knowing this one way or the other and I doubt we'd have been nearly good enough to reach the play-offs regardless.

This will never happen, as it would leave quite a few posters on here without any opportunity to post or anyone to blame when things don't go well.......................Most of these posters where jumping around like nutters though when Omar & Nathan scores at Wembley though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
rancido
March 31, 2017, 12:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,606
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from newarkmariner
hhhmmmm I think you missed one out cloudy didn't PH have a certain lethal striker on a one year deal,easy to name the so so players hes had on short contracts,but shy away from the good players that left because he was to stubborn or tight to give proper contracts too

Wasn't this " lethal striker" offered an 18 month contract in January 2016 and turned it down?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
golfer
March 31, 2017, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,444
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

Wasn't this " lethal striker" offered an 18 month contract in January 2016 and turned it down?

He might have done but it was still only a year extra as he already had 6 months on his contract still to run. Hurst only offered him this in the January to stop other teams coming in for him. Not many players would have signed in the January unless there was a large wage increase,which I very much doubt. If it had been an extra 2 years I think he would have snatched Hursts hand off. I think Hurst was being too cocksure and it backfired on him [and us] How we could have done with him this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2017, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,979
Gold Stars: 228
How many non league players have 6 months left and get offered 2 year extensions by clubs who don't know if they will be FL next season or not?

In fact very few have 6 months left and get offered 18 months. The facts about the last season are being massively distorted as there is currently fcuk all else to talk about as we are currently poor on the pitch.

Quote from Amond "I just left it to my agent to sort out" what does that tell you?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Cloudy
March 31, 2017, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Think the pre Donny interview with MB adds a bit more fuel to the fire re Danny Andrew and whether he will be here next season.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.