Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
March 25, 2017, 9:30pm
Guest User
There is bound to be unhappy players when they are not playing. I'd be more concerned if we had a whole squad of players who were happy sitting on the bench or in the reserves. I think the only player who hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip by Bignot is Gowling. Other than that they have all had enough chances to prove that they are capeable of playing in team that wants to be playing at the top end of the league.
Reply: 11 - 60
HertsGTFC
March 25, 2017, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think it's time that someone put some substance to this story.

Which players? Who told you? Of course there will be unhappy players - if I'd signed for GTFC when Hurst was manager and I thought Bignot wasn't giving me a chance, I wouldn't be happy.

What The Old Codger said........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
moosey_club
March 25, 2017, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Maybe he will see where Shrewsbury end up before making his mind up.  

I would imagine he will be aware of others players deals and will want to be on a par (if he isnt already) seeing as though he is our most regular player and in with a shout for player of the year.  He may feel he holds all the cards at the moment.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
HertsGTFC
March 25, 2017, 10:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from moosey_club
Maybe he will see where Shrewsbury end up before making his mind up.  

I would imagine he will be aware of others players deals and will want to be on a par (if he isnt already) seeing as though he is our most regular player and in with a shout for player of the year.  He may feel he holds all the cards at the moment.

Agree with Moosey that based upon the amount of games that he played last season Hurst would have brought him in on a relatively modest wage. Looking at his performances season to date we should invest in the lad and up his basic and give him 2 years if not a bit longer. Full back is a position that we have not been able to tie down for a while as we have had quite a few one season visitors in recent years. It would be a real concern if he wins POTY and leaves, that would be the 3rd POTY in succession that has done that after kick starting their careers.

I am sure PH will be watching but if Danny's Mrs is close to dropping then maybe they would not be his first choice as from what I understand she has some family local and that's important with a new addition. I am sure that there are a lot of "commutable" clubs that would be interested in signing Danny.

I reckon Marcus likes to be seen as a talent spotter and looking at Sam Jones & Jamey Osborne he could be but is he a "talent retainer"? As with everything else associated with him time will no doubt tell.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
RichMariner
March 25, 2017, 11:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Although it's always difficult to see one of your talented players leave, I don't really mind as long as it's a step up for the player and we get some kind of fee.

I'd love to see Andrew sign a new deal and stay. I wouldn't like to see him go for nothing, but that's the risk if you hand out one-year deals.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
TAGG
March 26, 2017, 8:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Hope he stays.
My player of the season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
jonnyboy82
March 26, 2017, 8:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Hang on a minute a few months ago he was loving it was settled and closer to home than he ever has been and would like to stay here a long time ...

[url]http://m.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/[/url]

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
ginnywings
March 26, 2017, 9:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2017, 9:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 1739
There is bound to be unhappy players when they are not playing. I'd be more concerned if we had a whole squad of players who were happy sitting on the bench or in the reserves. I think the only player who hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip by Bignot is Gowling. Other than that they have all had enough chances to prove that they are capeable of playing in team that wants to be playing at the top end of the league.

The other one that springs to mind is McAllister - he was instrumental in our first day win against Morecambe.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.